General Diet Plans and Questions General diet questions, support for various diet plans other than those listed below.

Old 08-15-2016, 07:26 PM   #1  

S/C/G: 345.2/341.6/200

Height: 5'8"

Default Fast Metabolism Diet, anyone else on this?

I have been told by my doctor to follow the Fast Metabolism Diet and this is my 3rd day so far. Anyone else on it who might have some tips or tricks?
kswizzle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-15-2016, 10:25 PM   #2  
Enjoying la bella vita

S/C/G: 28 pounds to go

Height: 5-4

I just started it today after two days of trying to figure out the meal plans and doing the marketing for it! My DH is in on it with me. Hoping to find success after all the dang planning Good luck!! I don't really care for meat, so that aspect will be interesting, but I wasn't a real vegetarian either - more of a carbitarian...

I need to get more creative and think in terms of recipes instead of separate protein/veg/fruit/grain or whatever. Any tips you can share?
nationalparker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-15-2016, 11:02 PM   #3  

I'm afraid I am really struggling on that too. My lunch was really good though, so I can share that.

In a saucepan, take 1-2 cups stock of your choice (I used no sodium beef), and bring to simmer. Toss in 1-2 cups chopped kale and 1-2 tbsp chopped red onion. Let cook until almost done. Then, take 4 oz of ground turkey and mix in some pepper, fresh chopped basil, and a bit of Himalayan salt. Form into small meatballs and put into the soup to cook until done. Season to your liking (I used some original Mrs. Dash and a tiny bit more pink salt).

I am in phase 2 currently but if you're in 1 or 3 you could add some grains, maybe some brown rice fusilli or some quinoa. It would also be good with some chopped celery or carrots, but I was hungry and in a rush.
Old 08-16-2016, 01:13 PM   #4  
Enjoying la bella vita

Thank you - that sounds like a recipe I could use as a base. I'm struggling on the grain - I clearly don't eat a wide variety and so it's brown rice crackers, rice, wild rice and brown rice pasta that I'm giving a whirl this week.

My hopes are high, but I'm tempered by a bit of worry since the amounts of the food (wanting to lose more than 20 pounds, I upped by 0.5 some of the portions as recommended) are too much in only two days, so will see how it shakes out. I suspect Phase 2 won't be the case! DH was already asking, when do I get my beef jerky? He's excited about that.

I suspect that I'm going to be hopping on the scale each morning to see how the day/s are affecting my weight instead of waiting for a weekly weigh in. Good luck today!
Old 08-19-2016, 12:12 AM   #5  

Well turns out the plan that my doctor gave me was the one for people who need to lose up to 20 lbs so I was eating way too little! I definitely see what you mean about the portions feeling like too much. I'm really liking it so far though! Other than a fact that this is a veeeeery expensive diet to follow.
Old 08-19-2016, 10:21 AM   #6  
Enjoying la bella vita

Both my DH and I would like to lose between 21-40 pounds and she says to increase the portions by .5, so we've done that with some of them ... and we'll see what happens. Initially she'd said to double the portions if you want to lose more than 40 pounds, but she's changed that to remain at adding a half serving to each - the other was too much food and not helpful. I'm finding her youtube videos to be a helpful info source, too. I'd read some folks were gaining on phase 3 and thought, oh, I don't want to work this hard and gain - her advice was pretty good - use a starch (like sweet potatoes) instead of a grain (wild rice) in a meal, and pull the starch from dinner now and then.

We were starting out thinking it was SO expensive, but then I stepped back and realized, we're not buying any pop, his beer, any snacks, ice cream, any restaurant meals (yet...not brave enough to try that but have a lunch work outing before long...), so while we had to start fresh, our fruit and veggie spending has been about the same, since we're eating the same there just different days ... Spent on the oddball things - xylitol, beef jerky for DH and some things that we'd watched for a while and then got lazy = deli meat with nitrites ... so back to the all-natural there. I'm struggling to find a grain that I like - steel cut oats is fine for mornings, but need to expand a bit!

Our food here isn't as $$ as yours is, though (just based on a few wonderful Canadian vacations), so I definitely believe it'll impact your wallet a great deal more. I DID love how clean so much of your market food was, when we'd stock up for camping trips up there. We were so impressed, and brought back a few items that we can't find here as clean - no preservatives, additives, etc.

Last edited by nationalparker; 08-19-2016 at 10:23 AM.
Old 08-19-2016, 06:30 PM   #7  

I have done this diet twice now and it does work quite well. Once your metabolism is fast, eating a piece of cake is no big thing! Your body just gobbles it up!. It is very strict about no preservatives. NO 100 calorie packs, etc..
I kept losing after the 28 days because I ate in moderation, I just made sure to eat every 3 hours. I didn't have to do anything super strenuous for exercise, and I'm 35.
I fell off the wagon due to Summer goodies and I got injured at the same time I had gum surgery, so I started eating mashed potatoes and ice cream. That was the end. Weekends are hard, too because I'm out running errands and eat whatever is around.

I will be starting again on Monday!
lrmo81 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-20-2016, 09:03 AM   #8  
Enjoying la bella vita

Oh, I'm glad to hear that you found success! Will anyone else be doing it with you? Good luck! Have to say that today, the mashed potatoes sound yummy

I'm down four pounds in five days now ... crazy since I'd struggle to lose a half pound a week before ... just hope that it doesn't pile back on with more when we phase this out. Looking forward to hearing your tips and suggestions as you get back into it!
Old 12-05-2016, 04:49 AM   #9  

hey, how did the diet plan go. Did it work out?
genie2343 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-05-2016, 11:34 AM   #10  
Enjoying la bella vita

Hello! So far, I'm down 24 pounds and my DH is down 42 ... back to his weight before we met and I started overfeeding us good stuff! We've determined we'll get down a bit more and then stick with the plan. Once you reach your target, you incorporate all of the foods from the three phases into your options for each day. I honestly am very surprised at how it worked ... never hungry (and in fact, some days I just didn't eat all the food I should have). Initially I thought our grocery bills would skyrocket but with buying nothing really processed, the few extra expensive items I bought - specialty balsamic vinegars and xylitol sweetener, various spices - didn't really impact the budget as much as I thought. There are some good pdfs that are out there with the phase specific food lists that really helped me when I was doing my marketing - and I set out a menu for a week at a time, I found I couldn't just "wing" this in the first few weeks. I ended up with terribly boring meals! Good luck!
Old 12-17-2016, 04:54 AM   #11  
banned

For those not already doing it combining it with exercise will improve your metabolism even more, even just go for a little walk to start with !
WildRockJumper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-2017, 10:02 AM   #12  

S/C/G: 130/108/104

Height: 5'3

Any updates on this diet, I am considering it after some long term stagnation.
chubbysmall is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-2017, 10:11 AM   #13  
Enjoying la bella vita

Default it worked for us

My husband and I did the plan solidly for four months...mid-August through the few days before Christmas. He lost nearly 50 pounds and is his weight from right after high school...i lost 24 pounds and am working to maintain in a few pound range and have been successful. We're eating according to the FMD plan most meals, most days, but enjoy a meal or two out on the weekend every other week. We can't complain. After two decades of calorie counting or ww point counting, getting rid of the last bit of artificial ingredients that i stubbornly held onto (diet soda!) seemed to really be a vital part of it.

Good luck!!
Old 03-31-2017, 08:46 AM   #14  

S/C/G: 130/108/104

Height: 5'3

Quote:
Originally Posted by nationalparker View Post
My husband and I did the plan solidly for four months...mid-August through the few days before Christmas. He lost nearly 50 pounds and is his weight from right after high school...i lost 24 pounds and am working to maintain in a few pound range and have been successful. We're eating according to the FMD plan most meals, most days, but enjoy a meal or two out on the weekend every other week. We can't complain. After two decades of calorie counting or ww point counting, getting rid of the last bit of artificial ingredients that i stubbornly held onto (diet soda!) seemed to really be a vital part of it.

Good luck!!
Thank you for the update! That is encouraging!
chubbysmall is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-31-2017, 01:10 AM   #15  

Default FMD app

I downloaded the app and I'm following the diet. I'm on week one day three, and so far I'm loving it. If anyone has any information about exercising while on this plan I could use the advice. I am used to doing cardio and weight training throughout the week. I plan on doing upper body on phase 2 day 3 and lower body and face today 4.
Sheric is offline   Reply With Quote