South Beach Diet Fat Chicks on the Beach!

Closed Thread

Old 08-08-2016, 07:28 AM   #1  
Come on Spring!

S/C/G: 232/170/150

Height: 5'0" on a tall day

Default Beach Babble - Week of August 8th to 12th

Good morning from beautiful and dry Delta after a relaxing weekend of good company and fun with Margo and her DD Elaine! They were supposed to be here just Saturday night but decided to stay last night too because we were having such a fun time. They are off to Ottawa and Kingston right now. Such good guests; they stripped their beds and out the sheets into the washer before they left! So everything is on target except my weight! Please tell me a five pound gain is just water weight.

I'm off for coffee with the group in a half hour and then will do some accounting work in the Mill Office. The new treasurer is going away for a "while" - six weeks is some "while" - so Reliable Ruthie is filling in with bill paying, banking and payroll. At least there is no bookeeping or financial reporting involved.

My calendar actually looks pretty clear this week except for a regular dental cleaning on Thursday and Book Club on the weekend. Still way above normal temps and no rain predicted. What a summer! Down near Kingston, trees are dropping leaves!

Keep calm, cool and collected as we head into this week.
Old 08-08-2016, 07:53 AM   #2  

S/C/G: 162/145/145

Height: 5' 9 3/4

Good morning everyone!

Ruth so happy you had a nice visit with Elaine and Margo. I'll keep my fingers crossed for a whoosh for you!!!

Pearlrose I would have gone to see Brad Paisley in a heartbeat. Although I do like Gwen too, there is something about Braid lol. Must be those country boy good looks!

Beth I've been OP most of July and now August, except for yesterday lol. I devoured a combination meal from the local Chinese restaurant last night. I burned over 4000 calories yesterday. Even with what I ate during the ride I still had a 1300 credit lol My tummy was not happy on the ride which was very challenging. I think it was in part due to eating so well lately the simple sugar carbs (bagels, bars, etc.) just did not agree with me lol. Although I managed to eat two pieces of apple crumb cake at the finish so good not going to lie.

The ride was awesome. We rode with two very nice men. The first 22 miles we were averaging a 24mph pace WHAT????? We settled in and kept it between 18 and 15 mph. I tended to be the pace setter (WHY ME LOL). We took so many backroads which made for a picturesque ride. The weather was perfect mid to upper 80's but low humidity.

Today sadly my bike need to see the mechanic. I've been having minor issues with the bike shifting on its own. To a harder gear I might add never an easier one lol. I think I need a new rear sprocket, chain and possible a front chain ring. This will set me back a couple of hundred bucks, but it's ok because it shows I am actually shows I am wearing out the gears.

Time to get it in gear! Have a great day!

I'm not sure if the photos are sideways. The one of me alone is on the top of the Ponquoge Avenue bridge. In the distant is the remnants of the original wooden draw bridge built in the 20's. Sadly the last hurricane made it unsafe and the town is fighting to save it. It was converted to a fishing pier when the new bridge opened....just a little history from my hometown Hampton Bays
Attached Images
File Type: jpg image.jpg (46.7 KB, 13 views)

Last edited by jekel383; 08-08-2016 at 08:03 AM.
Old 08-08-2016, 08:04 AM   #3  

I can't seem to get two photos to upload at the same time, must be me lol
Attached Images
File Type: jpg image.jpg (27.5 KB, 9 views)
Old 08-08-2016, 08:43 AM   #4  

Height: 5' 7"

Good morning,

Wfh for me today but do have a couple of conference calls. Need to start data mining for trends so hopefully will be able to do start today. Haircuts on the agenda this evening, I have been watching the Olympics as well.

Ruth glad you had a great time with your guests. Couple of days of Phase 1 and lots of water will wash those lbs away There should be a rule that when you take over duties you cannot go away for awhile lol, you just turned over your duties, 6 weeks will probably fly by.

Jekel that looked like an amazing ride, glad the weather cooperated for you. Watched the dutch woman fly into the ditch yesterday off of her bike, that was scary and she was in the running for the gold medal.

Have a great day everyone!
Old 08-08-2016, 01:31 PM   #5  

Height: 5' 5"

Good afternoon, chicks.

I was a bit slow to start this morning but ended up being quite productive: cleaning, laundry, the ever-pressing garden watering. So now I get to sit for a few minutes before I figure out the next chore. I ended up sitting and reading quite a bit yesterday so I feel like today I should be out and about.

Jennifer, sounds like you had a great ride! Hope your bike repair bill isn't too high.

Ruth, I am glad you had a nice visit. I'm sure that you will manage to fill your calendar this week somehow.

Pearlrose, I need to start thinking back to school shopping and haircut too.

Have a good day, chicks.
Old 08-08-2016, 07:52 PM   #6  

Went to the bike shop, one of the many reasons why I go there, is they don't pressure you. LUCKY ME it was only a cable adjustment. No charge I tipped my bike mechanic and bought some new flavors of GU. My bike mechanic goes back to Barbados October until April. He runs a bike repair shop on the island where he grew up. He has such a great reputation with the store the owner pays for his round trip ticket each year.
Old 08-09-2016, 06:21 AM   #7  
Come on Spring!

Well, Monday was way too laid back - the coffee person was sick and apparently nobody else there knew how to make coffee. I came home and spent the day puttering around but really not accomplishing much. It was a day with no AC but we slither back into the oven today.

Jennifer, that sure must have been a great ride. I sure wouldn't worry much about what you ate when you consider the calories expended! You sure lucked out with your trip for bike repair.

Pearlrose, no whoosh yet - in fact, I'm up a bit. I'm sure it's water-retention and will keep waiting for the whoosh!

Beth, I should be out and about today too since I did very little yesterday except those addictive online jig-saw puzzles.

This morning, I'll take those bread carrier trays back to Margo and give her the bread order for the coming weekend. While the house is still relatively cool, I'll do a bit or ironing and maybe spend the afternoon dabbling away at ironing and other domestic things. I always feel so guilty when I "waste" a day as I did yesterday!

Happy Tuesday or Chooseday.
Old 08-09-2016, 06:36 AM   #8  
GlenwoodHotSprings

S/C/G: 275/179/179

Height: 5'5"

Default Tuesday

Good morning!

I didn't get here yesterday. I guess deep in my own thoughts. My brother was coming to my moms Sunday night as this is the week of the family reunion. Mother chose to tell me on the phone Sunday evening before he arrived that she was going to have him take her down for an x-ray on Monday because she had fallen on Saturday and hurt her wrist. Ends up it is broken in two places. She has a cast now. It's her right hand so we shall see how everything plays out.
Driving is out of the question which is a good thing as I was going to talk to my siblings this week about having the "talk". It's good that we are all going to be in a large house together for the rest of the week. It will give me an opportunity to evaluate just how mobile she is going to be and what help she's going to need.

Other than that, nothing new. Lol I did have a scare yesterday morning. I was sitting outside and heard a big crash. I was thinking an animal on the side of the house knocking over my Rake and shovel pile. I put Kirby in the house and peered around the corner. Nothing. When I went back in the house the giant painting which hangs above my mantle had fallen off the wall. It knocked a bunch of stuff off the mantle including Kirks harlequin duck from the thrift store and the clock he had given me as a wedding gift. Amazingly, the glass dome on the clock did not break and the antique and very ornate frame only had a few chips out of it. The tail came off the harlequin duck which is glueable and the small hole in the painting is just an oh well. I guess that gives me something to do tomorrow.

Have a great Tuesday! I guess I should get more coffee and look at the time.
Old 08-09-2016, 07:12 AM   #9  

Good morning,

Getting ready to head in to work today, haircuts did not happen last night, we will try again tonight. Just staying steady and that's about it for today.

Ruth sometimes you need one of those days and you should not feel guilty

Jekel glad it was something small and sounds like a great place to shop

Debbie glad there wasn't major damage done, that would have scared me lol.

Beth enjoy your day

Have a great day
Old 08-09-2016, 08:05 AM   #10  

Good morning, chicks. I will soon head out for a walk since right now it is fairly cool but heading for 90* again this afternoon. There are summers that we don't even see 90* and this year we have had weeks of it! Other than that, probably a quick grocery run to pick up a few sale items and more laundry?

Ruth, don't feel too guilty about your day "off"...although I shouldn't talk since I have the same mindset that I can't goof off without feeling guilty. I also get sucked into various online distractions...

Debbie, do you get along with all of your siblings? I am soooooo glad that my family gets along. These last couple months have been really challenging with my parents and it would have been even harder if we didn't.

Pearlrose, may your workday go smoothly.

Jennifer, how's the first days at the new location?

Off to find coffee and take my walk!
Old 08-09-2016, 05:12 PM   #11  

Debbie that would have scared me too. Glad the damage was minimal. I do hope your mom heals quickly. It is nice your family is getting together.

Ruth we all need down time. Definitely not a wasted day. You are always doing for others. It's ok to take a break

Pearlrose hope you get the haircuts in tonight. Family scheduling can be so difficult.

Beth we are hovering in the 90's all week. My new office has AC so life is good. The pace is so much slower than Penn. I actually have time to enjoy coffee in the morning. Getting settled in this week. By next week I hope to get some time out of the office to see the sights lol.

Stay cool!
Old 08-10-2016, 07:04 AM   #12  
Come on Spring!

Wednesday - and the Weather Liar says it's raining here. Who writes this stuff? We have sunshine, high humidity and a 94º which will feel like 108º when they factor in the humidity! The Ottawa River is running 5 feet below normal and boats are running aground.

Not sure what's on the agenda today although I sure have lots to do. The Book Club meets here on Friday night - always fun - and I need to go the the main Library to pick up books but not until Thursday. It will probably be a quiet day - maybe some quilting and watching the Olympics?
Old 08-10-2016, 08:16 AM   #13  

Good Wednesday morning, chicks.

Ruth, I awoke to the sound of a downpour; hope it makes its way to Delta today. Enjoy your puttering day.

Jennifer, glad you have coffee time at this new location. That's pretty important. Btw, I got a good laugh when DS1 started his job this spring; the first day he texted me and said "the walls are an ugly color but the coffee is good"! I did my best to teach the boy about what's important.

Pearlrose, did you manage the haircuts? Have a good day.

Debbie, hope your Mom is healing and not in too much pain. Do you have another project going this week or just family visiting?

Not sure what is up today. I may go to Lowe's and get a few storage boxes since I am trying to sort and purge while DH has the family torn up for his painting project. Other than that I need to start pureeing and freezing tomatoes; or maybe make fresh salsa to go with tacobake?? hmmm.....

May the day be humpless, chicks!
Old 08-10-2016, 09:23 AM   #14  

Good morning,

Had to go into work this morning but it was a rush at the house and right before I needed to leave the kitty wanted in, the dog needed to go to the bathroom so had to get that done before leaving. Tonight we are going to Gwen Stefani concert should be fun DH and I are taking our 2 DD's with us. Did manage to get haircuts last night so one thing checked off.

Ruth hope you get some rain there today, we are back to hot and humid here

Beth I need to purge the entire house again, DH is on a kick and he is filling the house up with knickknacks that he is picking up at thrift stores problem is the house is too full of crap as it is.

Jekel yeah for coffee time, I think it's important to be able to group first thing at work hate being rushed.

Have a great day everyone!
Old 08-10-2016, 06:55 PM   #15  
GlenwoodHotSprings

S/C/G: 275/179/179

Height: 5'5"

Good afternoon!

Short and sweet-typing from phone. Prepping to head to Breckendidge for 4 days. Cushy home my bro rented. Mom doing better and will be with us all. Time for dinner and a rest.
Closed Thread