Living Maintenance general maintenance topics and discussions

Old 08-01-2016, 08:25 AM   #1  
Super Moderator

S/C/G: 239/173/165

Height: 5'9"

Default Maintainers Weekly Chat August 1 - August 7

I'm waiting for a phone call from a plumber, but I suspect I'm capable of typing and waiting at the same time, LOL.

We're into watermelon now. They're plentiful and really good. One member of our family doesn't eat watermelon and the rest of us think that very odd.

My goal for the week is to continue to get exercise outside despite the heat.
BillBlueEyes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-01-2016, 10:11 AM   #2  
Workin' It

My stepson started 6th grade today. He was at our house last night so I took him to school, it is the first time I've been the one to take him in on the first day of school. I took a zillion pictures. I'm pretty sure he was more than ready for me to be gone.
Shannon in ATL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-01-2016, 10:13 AM   #3  

S/C/G: 173/in progress/140ish

Height: 5'8"

"Doesn't eat watermelon." Yeah, that's an odd one. Perhaps I'm odd as well as I don't eat hot dogs. Both would be considered un-American. LOL

I can't believe it's August. In two weeks, DH and I are going on another vacation--this time a drive to Utah for some golf. I'm hoping it'll be a bit cooler up there. We're in the midst of our monsoon season and although there was a chance of rain this past weekend, all we got was super high humidity and a horrible dust storm that obliterated the mountains from our view (despite them being just blocks away).
alinnell is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-01-2016, 10:38 AM   #4  
Just Yr Everyday Chick

S/C/G: Lost 50 lbs, regained some

Height: 5'3"

I love watermelon, but come to find out watermelon doesn't love me. It bothers my digestion the same way cucumber does. Not surprising because they are in the same plant family.
JayEll is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-01-2016, 10:52 AM   #5  
Workin' It

I never ate watermelon before last year. It just didn't appeal to me.
Old 08-01-2016, 12:47 PM   #6  
Just Yr Everyday Chick

S/C/G: Lost 50 lbs, regained some

Height: 5'3"

Oh my goodness, Shannon! And you live just down the road from Cordele, "the watermelon capital of the world"! They have an annual watermelon festival there--or at least, they did some years ago.
JayEll is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-01-2016, 12:49 PM   #7  
Workin' It

They do still, JayEll. My grandparents used to take us every year. No one ever understood me not eating it. We used to have watermelon seed contests in elementary school, too.
Old 08-01-2016, 01:58 PM   #8  

S/C/G: 152/???/132/33

Height: 5'4"

Stat holiday here and the last day of my summer holidays. Spending it with the pets and hubby. Staying in and reading mostly. A bit of gardening in the evening.

I did take the dog for two long walks. And food will be very healthy today - big salad for lunch and another for dinner.

Not looking forward to work tomorrow. I used to love Mondays but I've grown weary of what I do. I'm ready for retirement.

Dagmar
Mudpie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-01-2016, 04:39 PM   #9  

S/C/G: 178/134/125

Height: 5'6"

Not a big watermelon fan here. I can take it or leave it. I'm the same with popcorn.

I've got one last week of break before school starts for me.
How did your stepson do, Shannon? I hope he has a great year!

Today is my 29th wedding anniversary. Can hardly believe it. Dh is still in Tokyo until tomorrow so we joked cornily that we got to be mushy and lovey for two days as it was August 1 there yesterday. We are going to Napa for one night to celebrate on Wednesday night. I suspect he will be extremely jet lagged as he has been gone almost a month.

I made the mistake of looking back in my weight journal and realizing I weigh more than I have all year. Sigh. The weight is not whooshing post my trip and Napa won't help. Still barely under my redline but not where I prefer to be.
traveling michele is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-02-2016, 02:09 PM   #10  
Workin' It

Happy anniversary, Michele! DSS had a tough time yesterday. He is not fond of sixth grade so far.
Old 08-02-2016, 04:18 PM   #11  

S/C/G: 178/134/125

Height: 5'6"

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shannon in ATL View Post
Happy anniversary, Michele! DSS had a tough time yesterday. He is not fond of sixth grade so far.
Thank you. Hope day 2 was better than day 1!
traveling michele is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-03-2016, 01:53 PM   #12  

S/C/G: 173/in progress/140ish

Height: 5'8"

Our vacation #2 is slated to begin on August 16th with a long drive to Park City, Utah. It is so my husband can golf in a tournament with friends. I've just been invited to golf, too! Interesting. This is a tournament that has been going on for over 20 years with people coming and going but the core group remaining the same. This year, I'll be the first woman to golf.
alinnell is offline   Reply With Quote