Old 07-20-2016, 08:14 PM   #1  

S/C/G: 234.3 / 232.6 / 130

Height: 5'3"

Default Starting Over

Hi guys. So I dusted off this account... have been a member since 2009. Back then, I went from 216 lbs to 140. Somehow in these past 6 years, life happened. Gained everything and then some back.

Honestly, I don't even know if I have the motivation to start the long road back to being healthy. Right now, I feel FAT, TIRED, and OVERWHELMED. Ugly words, but honest. But I'm going to try.
brooksrm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-21-2016, 08:36 AM   #2  

S/C/G: 253/ticker/175

Height: 5'6"

Don't worry about motivation right now. Just focus on your next choice. Every choice is a new opportunity to choose health.

Don't feel bad about the regain. Happens to lots of us.
MonteCristo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-02-2016, 09:06 PM   #3  

S/C/G: 214/195/165

Height: 5'4"

You have taken the first and hardest step..way to go!
HaveDogWillDiet is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-20-2016, 03:11 PM   #4  

S/C/G: 233/229/160

Height: 5'2''

Hi guys, I'm new to this site. Not new to the struggles of losing weight. I lost 74lbs in the past and life happened to me, too. Now I'm trying to find the motivation to start over and felt like I could relate to the starting over. I'm actively working on a food and fitness plan. I'm hoping this site can help keep me accountable because that's what I have the most trouble with. I'm still trying to figure out how to do all these avatars and stats. Bear with me. We all have to start somewhere, right? What better time than now. I'm tired of being tired.
MeShell is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-18-2016, 09:38 PM   #5  

Hey guys,
New to this site too. Figured I need all the help I can get. Like many of you I have lost weight and gained it back multiple times. Doesn't help that I am the only fat one out of all my friends! Why did I miss out on those skinny asian genes!.....actually truth be told I believe it is a myth. Those girls just eat when we go out. When they are by themselves they don't eat anything.....anyways, I digress.

So here is to starting over! For the last time!!!.....again!....

Putting it out there that I need to get rid of 40lbs.
I am going to the gym 3x this week. Only eating out once for the rest of the week.
areyes1982 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-17-2016, 01:39 PM   #6  

S/C/G: 200.4/195.1/130

Height: 5'5"

Brooks, I am right there with you! In 2006-2008 I was 130lbs. Bad food choices have pushed me to @200lbs. I am so frustrated and disappointed with myself. I am going to do it this time, get back to 130lbs and when I do I am never going to let this happen again! Ever.
EastCoastAva is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-20-2016, 01:14 PM   #7  
Smiley abuser

S/C/G: 300/198.0/175

Height: 5'7"

I got down to 175 from 300 and ran three times a week for a long time, then life happened to me too. I got all the way back up to 208 this year before I realized how much weight I had put on and how awful I felt. I am going to get back to 175 first, and then continue on my way to down 150 (or at least somewhere close to it), which was my ultimate goal previously. I am going to forgive myself for getting back up to 208 though, this year was really crazy. I mean it was not necessarily pizza 3 - 4 times a week crazy, but stuff happens, right?

My initial goal was to get to under 200 lbs for Christmas when I started last Sunday, but now I am down to 200.4 already (mostly just fluid whooshes though). I am going to count calories because that is what worked for me last time, and I am also going to go easy on the carbs because they give me crazy cravings for more.

We can do this, ya'll!

Last edited by RunningWild; 11-20-2016 at 01:33 PM. Reason: A word :)
RunningWild is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-22-2016, 11:36 AM   #8  
Quitting is NOT an option

S/C/G: SCG: 224/218/130

Height: 5'1

Preach! Week 1, day 3 for me. We can do it!
FlipFlop Love is offline   Reply With Quote