South Beach Diet Fat Chicks on the Beach!

Closed Thread

Old 07-16-2016, 07:05 AM   #1  
Come on Spring!

S/C/G: 232/170/150

Height: 5'0" on a tall day

Default The Weekend - July 16 & 17

Finally the heat wave has broken after breaking all sorts of records here in the "frozen North"! We even got a bit more rain overnight - probably just the humidity dropping on us.

This morning we have a German film crew shooting at the Mill and Chris has been there for two hours with them setting up to grind. I am about to pick up the bread from Margo and then feed them bread, butter and jam with coffee for their break. Country hospitality!

There is still lots to be done for the schoolwork exhibit in the Fair Hall but I'm getting there. I may do a little bit there later today but am also going to save some energy for a dinner party at Catherine's tonight.

Enjoy your weekend, whatever it brings.
Old 07-16-2016, 07:31 AM   #2  

S/C/G: 162/145/145

Height: 5' 9 3/4

Good morning.

Ruth sounds like a lot of excitement at the mill today. Glad the heat broke. Looks like we will be in the heat wave a little longer.

Debbie so happy for your sister!!! Hope you get some pool time in.

Yesterday I was up and out super early. The Wounded Warrior ride was wonderful as always. Met some really interesting people. It was awfully hot and humid, but the soldiers didn't complain once and enjoyed the BBQ at the beach. The community really does a great job supporting the ride. I even went for a swim in the ocean. It's been at least 20 years since I've been swimming where I grew up (ok close to where I grew up). The salt water felt awesome and really lowered my body temp.

Today I'm going to Joe's. Tomorrow I'm home. Monday spending the day with my HS BF. Tuesday recover before going back to the grind at work. Hope everyone has a great day!
Old 07-16-2016, 07:56 AM   #3  
GlenwoodHotSprings

S/C/G: 275/179/179

Height: 5'5"

Good morning!

Thanks for getting us started, Ruth! I'm glad the heat has subsided for you a bit.

Jennifer, glad you had a great ride! Joy your fun days before heading back to the old grind.

Yesterday was another perfect day here. Almost a gallon of raspberries, Indian restaurant with my sister, getting a new motion light on the house and A little weed pulling too! I'm sitting in the cool of the morning enjoying coffee with the dog. I believe the troops will start heading back over today. My friend this morning, my sister this evening and I will go ahead and leave tomorrow early and go right to work. I believe there are still enough raspberries to do this again next week.

Happy Saturday!
Old 07-16-2016, 08:33 AM   #4  

Height: 5' 5"

Good morning, chicks!

Jennifer, so glad you enjoyed your ride and were even able to swim! Have a relaxing day as your recharge your batteries. Your job is so stressful it is important to take care of yourself.

Debbie, WOW on the berries! I am going out to pick our blueberries after my coffee.

Ruth, the storms missed us yesterday, although we had plenty of threatening clouds all around us. Today should be more comfortable so I will probably do some weeding as well as getting the blueberries in. I may have to look for a good muffin recipe...

Got caught up on laundry yesterday but may need to do a bit of cleaning today.

Happy Saturday!
Old 07-16-2016, 09:39 AM   #5  

Height: 5' 7"

Good morning,

Slept in despite the best efforts of my cat to wake me up It is a beautiful morning here again it will go into high 80s and then we climb in high 90s for the upcoming week.

I think I am going to go with DH to 6 Flags today for a bit to the waterpark, DD1 is oncall for EMS for the city until 3 and DD2 we let her go up to Chicago with one of our neighbors and she will not be back until tomorrow. DH and I went to see Ghost Busters last night after going out to eat.

Ruth sounds like you have a plan for the day glad your heat weave broke

Debbie wow you have getting a ton of berries that's awesome

Jekel sounds like you had fun, I love swimming in the ocean as long as I am staying close to the beach, don't like getting in cars with sand

Beth I got caught up on laundry yesterday as well and have been keeping up with cleaning on daily basis so don't really have anything to do Have a great day
Old 07-17-2016, 07:05 AM   #6  

S/C/G: 162/145/145

Height: 5' 9 3/4

Good morning all.

Debbie I too am impressed by the raspberries!!! There is nothing like fresh picked fruits and veggies. Hope you enjoyed some downtime before work today.

Pearlrose how was Ghostbusters? I really enjoyed the original when I was a kid. It's nice you and hubby have some time for just the two of you.

Beth we barely got any rain. Still hot and pretty humid here. Did you find a blueberry muffin recipe? Kayln's probably has some yummy ones.

Today I'm staying close to home. I did get some fresh veggies by Joes's but need a few more staples for the week. Not planned, but now on my agenda is a trip to urgent care. I got bit or stung by something Friday during the ride. Whatever it was did draw blood. It got me on my lower calf. It hurts to walk and my leg is pretty swollen. I've been doing the over the counter routine plus rubbing tee tree oil on it. Last time I had a bee sting I ended up with cellulitis and couldn't go to work because I couldn't wear my boots or socks. A little prednisone and an antibiotic cream might help again. Oh well

Hope everyone has a great day.
Old 07-17-2016, 08:10 AM   #7  

Height: 5' 5"

Good morning, Jennifer and chicks to come!

Jennifer, your leg sounds awful. Hope there is an easy treatment option.

Pearlrose, how was 6 Flags? It's cool you and DH go on these dates.

Debbie, I expect you are gearing up for work. Hope you have a good day.

Ruth, how was the dinner party?

Today I need to finish weeding the flowers. I got some started yesterday but then a quick shower sent me inside. And I"m off to Kalyn's to look for recipes!
Old 07-17-2016, 08:28 AM   #8  
GlenwoodHotSprings

S/C/G: 275/179/179

Height: 5'5"

Good morning!

I traveled over this morning. No traffic. LOL. I got the car unloaded, smoothie made and cat box cleaned. Now quick hello with a cup of coffee.

Jennifer, i'm sure sorry to hear about your night. I sure hope it improves today.

Happy Sunday everyone!
Old 07-17-2016, 09:01 AM   #9  

Height: 5' 7"

Good morning

Had a nice day yesterday, today will be staying at home and doing stuff around the house and waiting for DD2 to get home. I already got a quick walk in this morning. It supposed to go up to 100's with heat index today.

Jekel sorry to hear about your leg, I hope urgent care is able to give you something that will help. I liked Ghostbusters.

Beth hope you find a good recipe at Kalyn's, I need to do some weeding but will need to do early if I get out there

Debbie glad you didn't run into traffic, have a great day

Ruth hope your dinner was fun.

Have a wonderful day everyone!
Closed Thread