Exercise! Love it or hate it, let's motivate each other to just DO IT!

Old 07-07-2016, 10:35 AM   #1  

S/C/G: SW: 323 CW: See Ticker GW: 180

Height: 5'8

Arrow C25K Running Program, Anyone?

Anyone doing the C25K program?

I've done it twice in the past and LOVED it. It worked too, not only weight wise, but it definitely built up my endurance to running

I really would love to start it up again, but not sure if I can d/t my hap hazard work schedule (and I'd have to run on the treadmill at the gym, bc temperatures here are pushing 105 degrees with the heat index.)
JesikaBeth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-07-2016, 02:54 PM   #2  

S/C/G: HW 212/148/130~174/139/130

Height: 5'4

Love it! I am now 2 workouts away from completing the C210K, and it's amazing. I've been doing it on the treadmill since the really warm weather started, and still sweat my buns off! C25K and C210K really work. I haven't thought of myself as a jogger or runner for decades, but now I do!
guacamole is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-10-2016, 01:20 PM   #3  
Hello!

S/C/G: 215/168.4/159.8

Height: 5' 5"

I'm doing it right now - I'm on week three at the moment. I do really like it, even in 90 degree heat (so long as it's not also very muggy). I tend to do it in the evenings after work. I am already dying on 3 minute jogs though, so I don't know if I'll be able to do the whole thing straight through without repeating any days. Or maybe it's just a mental block, I don't know. But week 5 springs 'run 20 minutes straight' on me! We'll see how that goes!

On a sort of side note, does anyone here know if running everyday is not good? Not serious running, just like 2 miles a day (which is what I would like to do eventually). I've read some things that say things like 'runners always get injured when they run everyday,' but I wouldn't be a "runner" necessarily. Like, I wouldn't be running 18 miles a day (just 2), and my goal is just a 10 minute mile as far as pacing. Would that be okay to do daily? It seems pretty moderate to me, but I don't know. Any feedback would be helpful.

Last edited by Penny105; 07-10-2016 at 01:20 PM.
Penny105 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-06-2016, 07:05 PM   #4  

Height: 5' 8"

I have complete c25k 2 times in the past. I love it! I just need to keep jogging so I can quit repeating the program.

I am now doing a very similar program that my DH wanted to try. We have lots of hills in my area, so getting started again is always tough on my shins...I end up feeling like my muscles have become cement blocks. Once I reach that feeling, I stick on that day until I can get through it with out pain.

Last edited by envelope; 08-06-2016 at 07:06 PM.
envelope is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-30-2016, 12:41 PM   #5  
Feel the burn!

S/C/G: 228/228/180

Height: 5'4"

I'm starting my second round, after stopping in March of this year. Hopefully second time will be the charm, and I can move on to the 5k to 10k program!
Inferno is offline   Reply With Quote