Weight Loss Support Give and get support here!

Old 06-26-2016, 09:16 PM   #1  
Thin Girl in fat Girl bod

S/C/G: 267/215/200

Height: 5'6

Default belly fat

All I'm reading all over the internet is that you cannot and will not lose belly fat unless you perform cardio. Even walking, they say you have to get up to 3.5 to 4 mph on a treadmill or out walking to even burn enough calories to burn belly fat.

Then tell me this. Over the past say...5 months...I've lost 50 lbs...and some of it has been in my lower belly, because my pants are looser. I didn't do anything different. I lowered my calories sure, but , the only exercise I got was walking around the block.(1 mil) ..at about 2mph if that. only a couple days a week....

Now I know that calorie deficit had something to do with it, but not all.....so you can't tell me that if i walk 3/4 to 1 mile a day on my treadmill at 2-2.4 mph...EVERY day, that my lower belly fat won't get smaller..and by the way it's not the soft squishy bellyfat, it's the hard rollof belly fat.
CarolNEmily is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-27-2016, 02:31 PM   #2  
Shorty getting fit

S/C/G: 162/132/119

I've never heard that belly fat needs a certain level of cardio. I'd question the credibility of those sources. ALL exercise can potentially contribute to a calorie deficit and engage muscles.
Chunkahlunkah is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-27-2016, 02:46 PM   #3  

S/C/G: 253/ticker/175

Height: 5'6"

Bodies lose weight differently. I for one always see a lose in my hands first, as stupid as that is. For some people belly is the last place, so it seems harder, but losing fat is really the same process all over. Calorie deficit burns fat. Where it comes from is up to your body. Very little (or nothing) you can do about the location.

If you were at like 10% bf and were trying to drop down to 7% for a competition, yeah, you might need to go hardcore. But then you be on a bodybuilding site.
MonteCristo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-27-2016, 03:10 PM   #4  
Shorty getting fit

S/C/G: 162/132/119

^ Yup, it's more that the final spots retaining weight need a bigger calorie deficit blast from intense cardio, than it is anything special about belly fat. Belly, butt, thighs...that most stubborn spot will vary for people.
Chunkahlunkah is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-27-2016, 07:36 PM   #5  

"Cardio is the only way to burn belly fat"? Who told you that rubbish, Weight resistance training IS the most effective way to burn calories imo. Doing a measly 40 minutes of running and you stop losing calories as soon as you stop running. Do an intense 40 minute weight lifting session and you burn calories for up to 48 hours - burn calories in your sleep. Weight lifting also gives you curves, which everybody loves. Good luck

Last edited by JamieAlison; 06-27-2016 at 07:36 PM.
JamieAlison is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-27-2016, 08:30 PM   #6  
Thin Girl in fat Girl bod

S/C/G: 267/215/200

Height: 5'6

TBH I wish we had a pool here, I'd be in it all the time, even one here at my house I'd be in it all the time....I HATE EXERCISE...I've been forcing myself to walk on the treadmill the past 2 nights, but it doesn't go very fast and I can only do it for 3/4 mile burning 100 calories before I just can't go anymore because I HATE EXERCISE. I do a 12 min arm weight lifting exercise thing....but I have noticed that for the other weight lifting stuff, like legs, and core...they have you doing lunges and squats and all that with weights....I can't even do that without weights....
CarolNEmily is offline   Reply With Quote