South Beach Diet Fat Chicks on the Beach!

Closed Thread

Old 06-13-2016, 06:35 AM   #1  
Come on Spring!

S/C/G: 232/170/150

Height: 5'0" on a tall day

Default Merry Monday Coffee

Glad the weekend is over and alleged "normal" life resumes.

It was a cold, rainy and miserable weekend but we got through Shirleyanne's Celebration of Life. I was amazed and quite disgusted with the way three of the "girls" went on and on about their minor health problems, especially in the circumstances when Shirleyanne had been fighting cancer for years. I just insisted on changing the subject. The ashes did not get spread since it rained but Shirl's DD and I will have our own celebration later this month - Andrea wants me to give her a crash course on splitting and pruning so she can maintain her mother's lovely garden.

Drove home in rain and cold and was so delighted with the welcome at the kennel from the dear doggage. We cranked up the heat in the house, had an early supper, snuggles with some TV and an early bed. Life felt so good.

Today we will see the sun and are heading into warm (even hot) weather for the rest of the month. I will be making my first run to pick up schoolwork for Delta Fair and life gets back in the groove. Now I need an invitation to a BBQ meal somewhere and it'll really feel like summer.

On we go, making Monday merry!
Old 06-13-2016, 07:08 AM   #2  

Height: 5' 7"

Good morning,

I am going into work for 4 day stretch this week. I have my mammo scheduled for this evening after work fun fun. I did get most of the weeding done yesterday, all around the house and front path. All that's left is around the garage, but that will be for another day.

It is another hot and sunny day today.

Ruth glad the celebration went well and I am sure you loved the welcome home from your dear doggies.

Have a great day everyone!
Old 06-13-2016, 07:43 AM   #3  
GlenwoodHotSprings

S/C/G: 275/179/179

Height: 5'5"

Good morning!

Got up early but spent the morning drinking coffee and talking with Kirk. He leaves for Alaska early Thursday morning. Now it's time to get into gear. I get dressed and make my smoothie I might have time for one more cup of coffee.

Happy Monday everyone!
Old 06-13-2016, 08:06 AM   #4  

S/C/G: 248/216/148

Height: 5'11"

Good Morning Everyone. Another busy week is here. Now that the charity event fun is over, time to get back to all the things I put on hold for awhile. We still have probably 3 days of sanding in our library and we need to get the window seat built. Hopefully I can get that all done this week. I also need to find a landscape designer. We have 1/3 acre and I have no idea what to do with out side yard. Have a great Monday everyone.
Old 06-13-2016, 08:14 AM   #5  

S/C/G: 162/145/145

Height: 5' 9 3/4

Good morning. Ruth sorry the weather didn't cooperate yesterday.

Pearlrose good luck today. I go the end of the month for my mammo ultra sound combo pack. lol sounds like a deal at the movies.

Debbie how long will Kirk be in Alaska?

Dana your fundraiser sounds incredible!

We had a great ride yesterday 42 miles followed by lunch at the diner. I was famished!!! I invited a coworker at the last minute. He skipped his club ride to join us. We ran into another Police Unity Tour rider from a local PD who joined in too. We kept saying it was a friendly ride, ha lies!!! Miguel, coworker, kicked my butt and really made me push myself. Everyone's riding style and abilities are different, but we regrouped at each end of the loop. Today I will go out for a ride alone. Later I MUST get my car inspected.
Old 06-13-2016, 09:25 AM   #6  

Height: 5' 5"

Good morning, chicks!
This is the start of state exam week at school so my days will be a bit more flexible, although filled with end of year paperwork. But I can't complain about that since once it's done I get my big vacay(!!). Trying to be productive at my desk but remember to get up to stretch and walk at least every hour.

Ruth, our weekend weather was so dismal that I did lots of inside chores and spent most of yesterday with the oven on making pot roast. I must say it was very tasty. I am looking forward to the forecast warmup for the rest of the week! I am glad your celebration went okay; she sounds like a great person.

Pearlrose, if the sun every comes out I have LOTS of weeding in my future also. Have a good day at work.

Debbie, your DH is quite the traveler! Didn't you just send him off somewhere else? lol I'm sure there is lots of organizing for you to do.

Jennifer, glad the ride went well.

Dawn, good luck on the landscaping projects. I remember how intimidating it was when we moved into our current house. The front lawn looked like the cow pasture it had been for years.

Got to go. Happy Monday to all!
Closed Thread