Closed Thread

Old 08-24-2003, 03:31 PM   #1  

Default TFL - Week of Aug. 25th, 2003

It's Sunday nite, and we're sadly anticipating our last week here in Austria. The trip has been fantastic and continues to delight us each and every day.

Tomorrow we head for the highest point in Austria called the Glossnocker. We intend to overnight somewhere and visit a couple of other points of interest in the area. Then it will be three days of hiking and biking close to home before we take the big trip across the pond early Saturday.

I think I've been fairly successful in maintaining my weight - mostly because of the constant activity. If nothing else, this trip has proven to me the benefits of consistent, strenuous exercise in weight maintenance. Of course, it's been much more than that - a vacation that will stand out for a long time to come.

I'll check in when we get back home. In the meantime, hope you're all still enjoying what's left of summer. Where did the time go?
Old 08-25-2003, 01:05 PM   #2  

Height: 5'7"

Susan: It sounds like you're having a wonderful time! The time sure does go by fast. It's hard to believe school will be starting.

Today has been hectic, as it usually is the Monday prior to classes beginning. We had our final orientation and with it always comes a lot of changes, additions, etc. This is the program that gives me the most grief. On an up note the day is half over!

The weekend went well--the wedding was nice and the food was good. I was able to make a lot of good choices so I feel good about that. I'm working on staying at my target and it's difficult. Last week I did well and this week I've been doing equally good. I'm hoping for a loss at the scale. I'm continuing to walk and am planning on getting more movement in now that my "walking buddy" will be able to join me. I don't mind walking by myself but it's nice to chat while walking.

The weather here is gorgeous--sunny & warm and the nights have been cool. Hard to believe that Fall is around the corner.

Has anyone gone to a meeting? The new Flexpoints should work out good for members. At first I wasn't sure if I liked it (I didn't like the descending balance) but now that I'm into the tracker I like it a lot.

Hi to Scoutruns, Domina, Lala!
Old 08-25-2003, 03:00 PM   #3  
Ready to Offer Support!

Hi, all

Just popped in to say "Hi" while I was on the board to write in the on-line journal.

"Where did the summer go?" is right - the kiddos started school last monday. They are already counting the days until Winter Break. (Since it has been 97 degrees here all week, can't say as I blame them!)

Have a great week, all!

AustinGal
Old 08-25-2003, 03:25 PM   #4  

Hi everyone!

I work a Sunday WW meeting, so was the first one in our area to introduce the new FlexPoints stuff.

It was generally well received in my group of 50 or so. One gal really expressed dismay about the new Quick Track journal. I'm not keen on the different sized pages, which is why I'm enjoying the 12 week tracker instead.

I work another meeting tonight - with a great group who's generally really positive. I'm sure they'll be excited to have something different to focus on.
Old 08-25-2003, 06:42 PM   #5  
si, si signora

Darlings,

I am sooo over the fact that it is darn chilly in the mornings. It does warm up some, but fall is clearly on its way! Yikes.

Susan, sounds like you guys are really having fun. If you see my brother in Austria this week, say hi!

Had a great weekend of doing nothing really, went to cirque, a wedding, gardened and napped. It was very stress free.

This weekend brings us to Berkeley and the stresses of a house in a different state. The only good thing is that we may go out to dinner. Other than that, its nose to the grind stone.

Melissa -- things will calm down and you get to see your handsome son on campus (HSOC?).

Austin -- hola, where are you journalling?

Scoutruns? You must be inland a bit, my parents are complaining about fog.

Okay, gotta try and deal with work. I think I need a motivational speaker.

lala
Old 08-26-2003, 08:33 AM   #6  

Austingal: Hi! Good to hear from you! Hope things are going well with the start of the school year.

Scoutruns: I worked a Sunday meeting as well and most of the members were excited about the new FlexPoints--I think it will help them and give them a fresh look at things. I generally work Tuesday evenings but I'm alternating with another receptionist since they don't need both of us. I'm working another meeting on Thursday for the semester. I'll be a busy WW receptionist for the three months. I don't mind because it keeps me on track. I'm not a big fan of the paper trackers but I do like the 12 week one. It'll be interesting to hear comments on Wednesday when I go to my "regular" meeting.

Lala: I want a nice relaxing weekend *sigh* it's not going to happen this weekend--it's our big Germanfest and I'll be busy running around. The up side of that is I don't get to eat a whole lot. Things have calmed down quite a bit since yesterday--DS has been taking advantage of some activities for the incoming freshmen (dances, picnic, graffiti party, etc.) so he's been busy. It'll be nice seeing him around campus. I'm sure I'll see him in between classes when he has a big break. I'm encouraging him to get involved and it seems like he's doing just fine. I like the HSOC (handsome son on campus euphemism--took me a minute to get it this morning )

It's warm & humid here again and storms are in the forecast for today. I love a good thunderstorm!

Gotta get moving here and tackle this folder of stuff for freshman 4 week grades. Have a great day everyone!
Old 08-26-2003, 08:36 AM   #7  
Ready to Offer Support!

Howdy, all

lala - wish it was cold in the mornings here. Right now (7:30 am), it is about 75 degrees here in Texas. It will be in the 90's before too long.

IAs for journaling, I just started an on-line journal thread for yesterday in this forum, like we always used to do. But, I noticed that you hadn't done so for a couple of weeks - the last one you wrote was on Aug. 11. Is there somewhere on 3FatChicks that you are journaling these days?
Old 08-27-2003, 08:15 AM   #8  

Height: 6'0"

Hi all!! I know I haven't been here lately, but it's because I've been so busy at work and I just gave my notice here as I got a new job. I really excited about it. I'll have a lot of responsibility, but I also got a nice pay raise. (Hurray).

I haven't been to WW to see the new program. I'm interested, but I think I'll just stick with what I've been doing as it works.

Susan--I'm so glad you're having a nice trip. Some day I'll be there.

Have a great one.
Old 08-27-2003, 12:57 PM   #9  

Hey Everyone

I was posting around in some thin threads so I decided to mosey around and ended up in here lol

AustinGal : school started huh? school don't start here till September 4th. my friend who is a english teacher in Indiana.. they had a tornado warning just yesterday on her 2nd day back to school lol

97 degrees huh? I feel for you lol.. course I heard on the news that we might be in for one of the worst winters to date (coming)

.. as if NY didn't have a bad one last year *sigh*
Old 08-27-2003, 01:32 PM   #10  
si, si signora

Hi ladies,

For some reason it feels like Thursday. I don' t know why.

I am really liking the new program. I am journalling and feeling like I am going to very much enjoy those flexpoints tomorrow at our group lunch.

Nothing new here, as usual, just as I get comfortable with life at home, I leave for Berkeley. Grr, oh well. Its also home, but not the same.

Domina -- Congrats on the new position and the extra pay. Think of all those green fees!

Annex- welcome!

Austin -- I'm hoping you'll continue to join us.

Melissa -- Just when they start up for school, there comes the break. I hope things go well next week.

Susan -- Welcome back to the North American continent!

okay, gotta think and write an abstract for another meeting.

lala
Old 08-27-2003, 02:33 PM   #11  
si, si signora

Oh I must add --

Against my better judgement , I went to ann taylor last night. I had bought a few skirts and tops (size 8) this summer to wear to work and functions. I saw a skirt I really liked, but I think I'm going to wait until Sept 10 to see if it fits in a smaller size. I could really like it in a size 6 (I really think they have changed their sizing). If it fits then, great, I'll take it to Paris. If it doesn't I'll wait and buy it for my trip to DC in October!

I am totally excited about getting back and kicking butt.

okay, back to work.

la
la
Old 08-27-2003, 02:35 PM   #12  

Height: 6'0"

Lala, hmmm, yes, greens fees. Thanks for the congrats.

What I want to know is this: does thinking burn extra calories??
Old 08-27-2003, 02:36 PM   #13  

thinking don't but sleeping does
Old 08-27-2003, 03:33 PM   #14  

Hi everyone!

Welcome Annex!

Domina: Congrats on the new job! The new plan gives more flexibility--you don't have to bank as you already have "35 flexpoints" in the bank to use as you wish.

Lala: I really like the new way of journaling; at first I wasn't too sure but after 2 weeks I'm really enjoying it. It's a different twist on keeping track of things. I really like the idea of having the points there if I need them.

I've been religiously keeping track and am a little peeved with the fact that I stayed the same this week--I should've posted a loss of some sort especially since I only used 10 of my FlexPoints.

Not much else happening around here--classes are underway and so far everything seems to be going smooth. I'm working at WW tomorrow evening. From what I've heard the meetings have been growing as the week progresses.

Happy Hump Day!
Old 08-28-2003, 02:57 AM   #15  

Hi everyone. Vacation is winding down - we leave for home early Saturday morning. We've had a wonderful time and while I'm not anxious to get back to work, it will be good to be home. I'm especially looking forward to a WW meeting to see the new program and the flexpoints system. You've piqued my interest!
Closed Thread