Weight Loss Support Give and get support here!

Old 06-06-2016, 04:28 PM   #1  

S/C/G: 76/76/63

Default Two Week Fast Diary

Hey all. I'm planning on doing a two week fast starting today and I will record my experiences here for anyone interested in fasting. It will be two weeks consuming nothing but water (and perhaps the odd green tea).

This might sound a bit extreme and it is! It's definitely not something an unexperienced person should do. But it's not something I haven't done before. I've done quite a few fasts over the years and last year I did a two week fast - it was one of the best things I've ever done. I've also done lots of research in this area and know how to fast properly.

Unfortunately, early 2016 has been really stressful and I've gone back to bad habits. I'm planning to do this water fast not only to lose weight but also to give my body time to repair the damage that has accumulated over the passed few months. Some of the benefits I saw last time was a boosted immune system, increased energy, greater appreciation of healthier foods, improved eyesight, clearer skin and resolution of indigestion problems. I'm really excited to see the same health improvements this time around

Day One

Today has been relatively easy (the first day usually is). I had a big dinner yesterday so I haven't felt that hungry today. In terms of other symptoms, I've had a headache for most of the day which is my body withdrawing from sugar (I've been eating a lot of sugar lately). I'm expecting tomorrow to be much worse as usually day 2 and 3 are the most difficult but I'm determined to get through it !

Starting weight: 76.2 kg
Goal weight: 68 kg

NB: The goal weight is based on my experience last year. I was able to lose 8.5kg over the two weeks which is why I've made that my target but I'm not too worried about reaching it.

Last edited by unimaginative; 06-06-2016 at 04:30 PM.
unimaginative is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-08-2016, 06:49 AM   #2  

S/C/G: 215/188/150

Height: 5'4"

I've seen people do fasts and all it does is cause damage to your metabolism, long term. However much weight you lost last time, did you gain it back? Are you expecting a different result this time?
Palestrina is offline   Reply With Quote