South Beach Diet Fat Chicks on the Beach!

Closed Thread

Old 06-01-2016, 07:22 AM   #1  
GlenwoodHotSprings

S/C/G: 275/179/179

Height: 5'5"

Default Hump Day Beach Chat, June 1

Good morning!
Old 06-01-2016, 07:28 AM   #2  
GlenwoodHotSprings

And good morning again! LOL. I have been MIA a few days. Don't know if I even got to say that my coworker that I work with on Mondays and Tuesdays quit late Sunday night. Turn things around and I had to open Both days. Monday was super crazy busy and yesterday not so bad.

Today I take mom to her monthly eye appointment in Denver. I'm going to take my little car to get snow tires taken off. I guess it's about time. It's been raining here and the afternoons which is nice. Keeping things watered but I haven't finished a weed cloth Chip project. I need to leave at 8:15 this morning but I'm priming myself a coffee to go out and get this section completed before I go. It's already late so I think it's doable.

Rabbit rabbit rabbit!
Old 06-01-2016, 07:39 AM   #3  
GlenwoodHotSprings

I also wanted to say welcome to SpammieB! Posting here every day has been my best choice in staying committed with my lifestyle change. The past three years have been super stressful for me and my daily check-in always reminds me that I have some goals of my own. We've gotten to know each other quite well and I really appreciate the friendships formed here.
Old 06-01-2016, 08:10 AM   #4  
Come on Spring!

S/C/G: 232/170/150

Height: 5'0" on a tall day

Late because I locked my machine last night again. Solution: unplug everything and go have a coffee or two.

Now I'm on my way out the door with the weekend loot from the Mill - don't worry! Just off to deposit it because today is the day we meet with the new treasurer to start the transition and I get some of my life back. Sure hope that happens as our silly President has drawn up a huge agenda which may scare her off.

So nice to have a lovely day to start the month.
Old 06-01-2016, 08:18 AM   #5  

Height: 5' 7"

Good morning,

I love short weeks, I am wfh today have to take DD2 to art class this afternoon and then do ortho appointment. I officially accepted the new position so now we can put in for my replacement. Have a meeting with my manager this morning so we can work out transition plan. I am getting another laptop since the first one was a lemon so I am happy there as well.

Debbie sounds like you have a lot of running around to do today.

Ruth yeah for transitioning over treasury duties hope the president doesn't scare her away.

Have a great day everyone!
Old 06-01-2016, 10:28 AM   #6  

S/C/G: 162/145/145

Height: 5' 9 3/4

Quick late morning check in.

Ruth so happy the new treasurer starts!!!

Debbie hope they find a replacement soon. Money is nice, but your time is way more important.

Pearlrose glad work should be easing up for you.

As for me, my boss is out for 4 weeks with a boot on his foot. We have our annual Union golf outing Monday. So guess who is trying to get even more crap done this week! Can't wait for this to be over!!!! Need to get in to get payroll approved, track down a missing ID card, deal with a subpoena and a to do list that never ends. Tomorrow I have a funeral and a meeting. Hoping John can go to the meeting. Friday is an all day training class. Saturday I had to take off so they can install the AC. Yup that didn't go as planned lol. At least I know what I will be eating this week. All meals prepped so I just need to grab and go. Speaking of which I better jump in the shower.
Old 06-01-2016, 07:07 PM   #7  

S/C/G: 245/229/175

Height: 5'7"

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lexxiss View Post
I also wanted to say welcome to SpammieB! Posting here every day has been my best choice in staying committed with my lifestyle change. The past three years have been super stressful for me and my daily check-in always reminds me that I have some goals of my own. We've gotten to know each other quite well and I really appreciate the friendships formed here.
Thanks so much for the welcome Lexxiss. I look forward to gettng to know folks better.
Old 06-01-2016, 09:12 PM   #8  

Height: 5' 5"

Good evening, chicks!

Sorry I have been MIA. I spent the 4 day weekend helping DS1 move from his college digs to his big boy apartment; it's in the same city where he attended college which is about a 4 hour drive from me. Can I just say that hauling boxes up and down flights of stairs in 90* heat counts as quite a workout?! Plus the house was a wreck (think 4 college boys living there for 2 years). DS, one of the roommate's mom and I scrubbed the place while the roomie finished moving. It was sparkling clean when we got done but I was tired!

On top of that my dad is in the hospital in the same city and he had surgery yesterday. I spent Monday visiting him before I came home. Work yesterday ended with a late meeting after school. At least I managed some garden time this afternoon as this weekend I will return to my parents' to spend the weekend with my mom. So busy!

Ruth, how awesome to pass on the treasurer job.
Debbie, being short-handed must make things crazy at work!
Jennifer, I don't know how we lived without AC.
Pearlrose, congrats on the new position.
Welcome to SpammieB!

I'm ready to wind down for the night. I need to meander through the recipe section and find some inspiration for dinner.

Last edited by Beth19; 06-01-2016 at 09:13 PM.
Closed Thread