PCOS/Insulin Resistance Support Support for us with any of the following: Insulin Resistance, Syndrome X, Polycystic Ovarian Syndrome, or other endocrine disorders.

Old 05-23-2016, 03:47 PM   #1  

S/C/G: 346/309/200

Height: 5'6"

Default Victoza and Metformin

Hello! I'm insulin resistant, PCOS and hypo thyroid. I never struggled with PCOS much before having children. I conceived very easily with all three children and now my hormones are all out of whack and I have lots of cysts. Good times.

At any rate, I have been overweight my whole life. I have lost just under 40 lbs since November using diet, exercise and medication (topomax) and am now using Victoza and Metformin. I have a bunch more to lose, but I'm hopeful moving forward. It's always been hard for me. I started with Victoza .6 and am now on 1.2. Next week I will be on 1.6. 1000mg of Metformin. I'm weaning off of Topomax since it can cause seizures. I never got too high on that one since it can make you so tired. The beauty of that one is that it eliminated my pop addiction. I can't drink it anymore. I haven't had one in 6 months. Hoping to share stories and journeys with those with similar circumstances.

I have three kids, three and under, so it's time to finally make the change.
HRHPhD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-23-2016, 05:26 PM   #2  

S/C/G: 189/186.8/160 (restart)

Height: 5'5"

Welcome! The board is a bit slow, but it's a good place to get information. Good luck with the weight loss and finding a path to your health!
Rana is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-24-2016, 06:57 AM   #3  

S/C/G: 346/309/200

Height: 5'6"

Thank you!
HRHPhD is offline   Reply With Quote