South Beach Diet Fat Chicks on the Beach!

Closed Thread

Old 05-16-2016, 06:35 AM   #1  
Come on Spring!

S/C/G: 232/170/150

Height: 5'0" on a tall day

Default Here we go! Monday again.

Good morning and it's a rather chilly one. I'm rather glad I didn't get a chance to buy and plant anything over the weekend because it was at freezing when I woke this morning. Things are supposed to improve mightily during the week with sunshine and above normal temperatures ... at last!

Off to orient two new employees this morning. Poor guys don't realize they are heading into a chaotic week with TREK, seasonal opening this weekend, new chairs and tables arriving Friday and set-up for a Cabaret night Saturday! I hope they survive until next week's relatively sane days. I hope I survive the week too!

Time to spread out the rhubarb and apples in the huge pans to see if I need more of either. I plan to bake them this afternoon, cool them overnight in the car and finish the cooking at the Town Hall tomorrow morning. Four other women are doing the entree (a beef veggie stew) and I will just need to pick up out bread from the baker mid-afternoon.

The TREK wagons and walkers will arrive late afternoon complete with pipers. The Mayor and Town Crier will welcome them at the Mill and then they will be piped into the Hall for dinner. I sure hope some of our Delta folk join the trekkers for dinner since we will have a ton of food.

Time to crank up the day, allowing time for another coffee before I start employee orientation at 9.

Enjoy - whatever the day brings.
Old 05-16-2016, 06:46 AM   #2  

S/C/G: 162/145/145

Height: 5' 9 3/4

Good morning everyone!!! I missed you!!! Apparently the weather was better at home then during the ride. I unplugged from life for a few days which was nice. Things were a little different this year. Unfortuntately there was a tragic accident which resulted in the death of a retired officer from Chapter 1. We are going to the funeral tomorrow. It was great to reconnect with so many wonderful people and meet new ones too. I do need to catch up on all of last week's posts. Hope all is well.
Old 05-16-2016, 07:04 AM   #3  

S/C/G: 144/131/128

Height: 5' 4"

Good morning chicks -

Ruth, it is 36 here right now (brrrrr....) but beautiful and a high of 63. I would bet our temps are going up this week as well. Did you recover from your weekend?

Jennifer - LOVED seeing your pictures! You're so freakin' awesome. So tragic about the passing of one of your own though.

Time to fess up chicks - I found out last week I've been given the go ahead for another surgery, this Thursday. I was happy at first because it gives me one more chance to improve, then completely freaked out for a couple of days thinking I was out of my mind - the surgeon will be surprised if it helps but is willing to try. It's a heck of a surgery to go through just to try, but what are my alternatives? So, I will do an errand or two a day which is about my max anyways and rest otherwise for the big day. I'll be not far from Cottage so maybe she and I will go on the roller coasters afterwards . (Hershey Park is right there, like - you can see the rides from the hospital window - but alas....I shall never ride a roller coaster again!)

I don't want my week to get any more exciting than that .
Old 05-16-2016, 07:06 AM   #4  

Height: 5' 7"

Good morning,

We are back to rainy and cold weather today. I am getting ready to go into office shortly. Nothing else on my agenda for today.

Ruth at least we are above freezing here, I am sure you can't wait until this week is over. Hope everything goes smoothly

Jekel welcome back glad you were able to unplug for a few days. Sorry to hear about the accident.

Have a wonderful day everyone!
Old 05-16-2016, 11:58 AM   #5  

Height: 5'6"

Good morning and happy monday all... more like a friday for me, last day of work before a few days off.

Hope everyone has a great day!
Old 05-16-2016, 07:46 PM   #6  

Height: 5' 5"

Good evening, chicks. I had a busy, chilly, exciting weekend attending DS1's graduation. 39* with wind and a threat of rain; do we have an inside option for the ceremony??? Noooooo....Outside unless the weather is "dangerous" or "extreme". I'm guessing it felt pretty extreme for those foolish ladies in short skirts, bare legs and open toed shoes!! Me? Toque, wool socks, gloves, the works. At least it stayed dry. Anyway, I'm proud of my boy.

Unfortunately we came home to family stuff. So now there's that to look forward to.

At least the sun came out today and gave us hope of warmer weather!

Tammy, praying things go well.

Jennifer, glad you had a good trip, but sad to hear about your colleague.

Looking forward to a good night's sleep.
Old 05-16-2016, 08:01 PM   #7  
Working on healthy

Height: 5'5.5

Good evening Chicks Another Monday in the books, kids wound-up, weather cool but not rainy. I am not complaining!

Ruth - I love rhubarb. Wish mine would grow better.

Jennifer - Welcome back Unplugging is a very good thing. I should do it more often.

Tammy - crossing my fingers that something improves things for you.

Rose & Rivergirl

Beth - Sounds like the smart event attire. What a crazy spring!

Off to watch something on Netflix, relax a little, then early to bed. I never seem to catch-up on sleep.
Closed Thread