South Beach Diet Fat Chicks on the Beach!

Closed Thread

Old 05-13-2016, 07:03 AM   #1  
Come on Spring!

S/C/G: 232/170/150

Height: 5'0" on a tall day

Default TGIF, I think. May 13

Rain and Friday the 13th after the warmest day of the year. The rain will cool things off for the weekend.

As usual, my yesterday didn't go as planned - the lads showed up unexpectedly to prune out my dead cedars and there were lots of other interruptions so I didn't get groceries for tonight's dinner or get the guestroom bed made up. Never mind. I'm pretty sure brother Dave know how to make up a bed - he IS PHD! On the other hand ...

First day with staff went well. Matt and Alisa have worked with us before and really know the ropes. Matt is setting up the schedule for blacksmithing and Lisa has the Mill scheduling worked out right through to the end of August, The two brand new staff start Monday.

Although we are not open for the season yet, things are happening already with a bus tour arriving at noon today and then the Settlers Trek here two days next week. Official opening day is the 21st and we also have a cabaret that night.

Time to gear up for a long day.
Old 05-13-2016, 07:27 AM   #2  

Height: 5' 5"

Good morning! I'm at work a few minutes early since DH's truck needed to go to the shop and we had to coordinate rides...

Yesterday was just beautiful; 80-ish and sunny. I was able to spend much of the afternoon outside. Today, we are looking at rain and an ugly weekend. Oh well, it isn't snow.

It will be a busy weekend as DS1 is graduating. And I am SO excited: he signed a contract for a real job! Yeah!

Other than that, just another Friday at work. I am hoping the 13th brings good things.
Old 05-13-2016, 08:27 AM   #3  
GlenwoodHotSprings

S/C/G: 275/179/179

Height: 5'5"

Good morning!

Thanks, Ruth, for getting us started this morning!
Glad to hear there is nice weather on the East Coast!

Beth, congrats on your DS graduation!

We were supposed to go to Glenwood on Wednesday but when the project came up I told Kirk I needed him to hang here because I needed to use her big vehicle for hauling supplies yesterday. So he is off this morning with Kirby. I won't see either one of them again until after I return from Las Vegas. The project is going well. I hope we will be finished today. I'd love just one day off.

I'm going to go have another cup of coffee outside on the porch then take an hour nap. I dug some dandelions in the grass as Kirk was leaving. That's my contribution to the yard today.

Happy Friday the 13th everyone!
Old 05-13-2016, 08:31 AM   #4  

Height: 5' 7"

Good morning and Happy Friday!

The Sun is shining and I think it will be sunny all weekend so I am happy. Finally got the email with the VIP sale for Six Flags season passes so I will be purchasing those today.

Doctor appointment went well, she ordered an ultrasound so we can figure out why TOM is visiting daily, she asked why I didn't come sooner and I was like hoping it would clear up on it's own.....

Ruth I hope your visit with family is a fun event

Beth your right rain is better than snow unless it comes with tornadoes and hail

Have a wonderful day everyone!
Old 05-13-2016, 08:32 AM   #5  

Height: 5' 7"

Debbie we were posting at the same time....good morning
Old 05-13-2016, 06:39 PM   #6  
Working on healthy

Height: 5'5.5

Hello Chicks We are waiting for our dinner to be done, so I have a couple of bonus minutes I am so glad it's the weekend. the kiddos are in end of the year countdown mode, and not too interested in anything school. I'm just glad I can get into my garden. I think it's time to plant like a fiend

DH made an interesting half veggie burger last night. He used the good, local farm grass fed beef and cut it with lentils. They were actually very good burgers, healthier, and half the cost. We will definitely try them again, but with a little more seasoning. If anyone wants the recipe, I'll ask him for the link.

Coffee is long past, but if anyone would like to join me for a celebratory glass of wine, I'll pour Happy weekend
Closed Thread