South Beach Diet Fat Chicks on the Beach!

Closed Thread

Old 05-11-2016, 06:55 AM   #1  
Come on Spring!

S/C/G: 232/170/150

Height: 5'0" on a tall day

Default May 11 and Hump Day Again

Good morning.

First hump of the day is over. I spilled coffee on my keyboard! Duh! Yesterday I lost half my post. I wonder what today will bring.

Fairly clear calendar today except for pet therapy this afternoon and that is never a stressful time. Yesterday was hectic. I have refused to attend any more evening meetings, as I can't sleep well after them, and that sure helps. I do like hitting bed before ten and sleeping through to 5 a.m.

Looks like a lovely day although a tad chilly. I am going to take my second coffee and a quilt and sit on the back deck in the sun for a while before I crank up the day. Come and join me?
Old 05-11-2016, 07:00 AM   #2  

Height: 5' 5"

Good morning, Ruth, and chicks to come! It's a bit chilly for deck sitting, isn't it? The last 2 mornings the frost on my windshield has been thick.

But it was a lovely day yesterday and I got to take my walk outside. Today I might try to sneak out on the early side and do a little weeding.

Ruth, glad you have stopped attending those meetings and that you are sleeping better. I haven't been sleeping well the last few nights; maybe I could stop attending work?

Ok, have to fly! Have a great day, chicks!
Old 05-11-2016, 07:06 AM   #3  

S/C/G: 144/131/128

Height: 5' 4"

Good morning chicks!

Ruth -Duh! I have cat hair all over my computer keyboard . You're lucky you can still use yours! BTDT.
Beth - a walk sounds lovely! You reminded me I need the family to weed the garden and prep it for planting. I think we're out of deep freeze time, but could be wrong...I think mid May is planting time here?

Yesterday was quite a long day, so today is a day of rest . I found an interesting recipe where you take chicken thighs (not SBD, but low carb for DH), brown them, then place lemon slices on them and cook them the rest of the way. So that's our dinner tonight! UGH- I just remembered I have a meeting to attend tonight for continuing education, on oncology (cancer). Too bad I can't have coffee that late...

Have a great day, chicks!
Old 05-11-2016, 07:27 AM   #4  
Working on healthy

Height: 5'5.5

Good morning Chicks Wednesday is always a hump for me. DH works Tuesday night so I'm running on less than 5 hours sleep. Testing this morning, so that will make t even longer. Friday we are taking the 6th grade hiking, so something to look forward to.

Ruth - I have spilled more coffee, wine, and other things on keyboards than I want to admit. I'm getting good at the clean-up.

Beth - No frost here this morning, but I did take the plants inside last night. I hope I can start leaving them in the greenhouse overnight soon!

Tammy- We prefer thighs here, even though they are not SBD friendly. They taste so much better. I made that red bean cabbage salad last night, but I was lazy. Used broccoli slaw instead of cabbage. It was tasty but did need more dressing. I think you introduced me to that one

Time to get going. Hope your hump day is gentle.
Old 05-11-2016, 07:38 AM   #5  
Come on Spring!

S/C/G: 232/170/150

Height: 5'0" on a tall day

Yes, it was chilly on the deck but the company was good ... birdsong, two loving dogs and wafts of scent from the wild plum that's in blossom. I wish spring would slow down a bit so I could enjoy it more.
Old 05-11-2016, 07:46 AM   #6  

S/C/G: 144/131/128

Height: 5' 4"

Oh Cyndi, I forgot about that recipe. Yum, yum!
Old 05-11-2016, 08:43 AM   #7  

Height: 5' 7"

Good morning,

It is a foggy morning here glad I am wfh for the rest of the week whew hoo. Today Charter is coming out I am switching to them for internet so we will see how that goes haven't turned off ATT yet. ATT is capping gigs this month and the way my family streams videos and we have all cell phones on wifi, etc we would go over the cap.

Today is just getting reports done for work. I am done with interviews hopefully for a while, (fingers crossed I will transition to new position before we need to interview anymore). I would have transitioned already but my boss is trying to get me a little raise so I am willing to wait and see if it will get approved.

Ruth I am getting a new laptop next week because my mouse on mine is starting to act wonky all the time. Hopefully your keyboard will still work. Glad you said no to evening meetings

Beth I think we have moved past the frost stage thank goodness.

Tywnn hope you have a good restful day other than the meeting this evening. That recipe sounds good, we occasionally have thighs.

Cyndi hope testing goes well today and it flies by quickly for you.

Have a wonderful day everyone!
Old 05-11-2016, 01:16 PM   #8  
GlenwoodHotSprings

S/C/G: 275/179/179

Height: 5'5"

Hi everyone!

I got a phone call last night which requires a rental project Thursday and Friday. So, this morning Kirk and I left the house before 6:30 AM and went to Denver to tackle all the chores. He got his wood, I got my haircut, did the banking, groceries, picked up dry cleaning and headed back home. Only 1115 in the morning and I may need a nap. I plan to take today super easy before tomorrow's project.

Checking in for my phone so I hope everyone's day is wonderful!
Closed Thread