Closed Thread

Old 08-22-2003, 07:20 AM   #1  
Duchess Tiger Lily

Talking Tgif!

BBIAMTP
Old 08-22-2003, 07:34 AM   #2  
Duchess Tiger Lily

I'm so happy to say that my computer is back up and running. I have been having some issues with it, like the way it was sending out some of the emails I wrote but not others, and downloading some of the emails I got but not others, and not letting me post here. But I guess I can forgive it, because it's all over now.

Everything is still going well pgwise, surprisingly enough for me. Thanks to you girls for your words of support on here, PMs, and emails. I am lucky to have friends like you.

Lemme see...sounds like we've all been having lots of bad days lately from the posts. Maybe it can help if we take some things that ARE going right in our lives and post a few of them for our topic of the day.

Things going right in my life:

I love my family so much! Drew is the best husband ever, and Aaron is the goofiest kid and can crack my up when I'm at my crabbiest. And the hugs and kisses from that little boy -- they just never end, not that I want them to! I love it!

This pregnancy is going better than any of the rest of them have (including Aaron!)

I love my van -- it's so comfortable, compared to our old Grand Am that I used to drive, and it's just really a fun vehicle with a great stereo system

I have really funny pets-- they are a joy to have around and they just always crack me up with the funny things they do (for example, how funny is it that the dog won't eat when anyone is watching her? And that one of the cats has to get two feet in the water dish before she'll drink?)

I have a really wonderful network of friends, both in my real life and here. I don't know what I'd do without either support system. Thanks again, girls!

BTW, Lori, I did see your link, but I can't get to your pictures, and I'm dying to see little Sara...can you repost it or give me an alternate way to get there? I'm not sure why this isn't working for me.

To whoever was asking about home loans (was it you, Kim?): When we decided we were ready to buy, we gathered our last two months of paperwork. Pay stubs, bills, bank statements, investment statements, everything. We then went to a mortgage broker (who can shop around to all the banks and therefore get you the lowest interest rate out there without you having to do all the legwork) who walked us through filling out the paper work. She then gave us a couple of preapproval letters (one said we could buy for the amount that we felt we wanted to spend, one said we could buy for our whole amount that they approved us for, one said we could buy for an amount right between these). These are nice, because if you want to make an offer, you show the sellers the letter that fits the price of the home (but not too much more, or they will get upset if you give them a lower offer) and they know you are capable of carrying that kind of loan and are much more likely to accept your offer over someone who isn't preapproved for mortgage. So then you have all the time in the world to look, but you're ready when you find the house. I would also get yourself hooked up with a realtor early in the game. They can call you if a gem in your price range turns up, yet you can still browse at all of the open houses that you want. That's not to say my way is the only or best way, that just happens to be the way we did it, and it worked well for us.

Looking forward to hearing about all of the WONDERFUL things going on in everyone's life right now!!!
Old 08-22-2003, 09:09 AM   #3  
Canadian Chick

Default Bright & Early!

Its the wee hours of the morning here. I had to get up to drive dh to work & now can't go to sleep. I really don't need to be up for another hour. Yesterday I went over my points Its b/c I am am taking a continuing education course & the food is not in my control. The work we're doing is pysically demanding & so by lunch I was starved & ate too much of what they were offering then I got home starved & dh had made pizza. I hope today will be better but I somehow doubt it b/c I have another day left of this course. Its a really awesome course where we incorporate hot or cold stones into the massage or myofascial treatments. I'm excited about it. Of course the best part of the course is that we get to be bodies for our colleaques to work on. Yesterday I had two full body treatments after I had given two

Not too much going on this weekend. MY MIL is spending the night tonight on her way to a wedding somewhere. I have to work tomorrow. I'm supposed to work Sunday but am taking it off b/c with this course I already am going 6 days in a row without a break & if I don't take Sunday off I would be going hard until next Friday-much much too long. The bonus if DH has Sunday off too (a rarity). I don't know what we'll do but I'm sleeping in some

Jayne, great topic of the day! I'm so glad to hear your pg is going better than the rest! I pray that this baby comes with no problems or complications.

This is a great topic of the day. Because we are having so many struggles right now I find myself reminding myself of what we do have that I know we'll get through this somehow. Anyway I am really thankful for my husband. He takes such good care of me & he shows his love for me constantly. I am so blessed to have him in my life. I am also blessed with family. My family, sho I definitely count as friends & his family who I am coming to love more & more. I am thankful to love in a peaceful country where we are safe & people are loving. I'm thankful to have a home to come home to, food on the table, a car to drive (even if its not anywhere near new). I'm thankful to have clothes on my back & to be able to go to sleep at night without fear. I'm thankful to know God is looking out for me & that He'll never forsake me. We are so blessed.

KT did you watch AR last night? I was so sad for Jeff & David. Reichen & Chip were the last ones I wanted to win. THey seemed so obnoxious & not very sportsmen-like but oh well. I wish the next one was starting right away but its not

Hope you all have a wonderful day!
Old 08-22-2003, 09:57 AM   #4  
One Sick Puppy

Height: 5'6"

Default Good Morning!!

I think that I deserve just a few minutes away from my hard work to stop in and say hello. (Of course, I've only been here an hour...)

Just a quick note about a couple of things I've heard about the new WW plan. My mom was talking to her leader about the new plan and the leader had only good things to say about it. As you know, the leaders go on the new plan to make sure that it works and to familiarize themselves with it. Well, this lady told my mom that leaders (who are the maintenance part of the program and eating more points than the weight-loss part of the program) lost 5 lbs or more. If they're losing when they should be maintaining, that says something, right? Also, Kierie was asking about some sort of a special--I think that when the new plan rolls out, there won't be any registration fee, so that's some money you'll save.

Jayne--So glad to hear that the pregnancy is going well. I've been thinking about you a lot and hoping that all goes well for you. You have so many wonderful things in your life, which makes you lucky, but what makes you even luckier is that you recognize those wonderful things!!

Rina--That sounds like my kind of job!! Maybe I need to re-think my career choice.

The question of the day is what is good in your life. A few things that I can think of: I have an almost brand-new car that has great A/C and that I love. I have a hobby that I can totally lose myself in. I have people that care for me.

OK, that's it for now. It's taken me forever to type this post, so I'm sure others have posted. I'll try to stop back in later.
Old 08-22-2003, 10:03 AM   #5  
Shopper Extraordinaire

Great topic Jayne! I am in such a better state today. I went out to dinner with one of my gf's which is always therapeutic and then went to ladies fellowship at church which was really great. Things I am thankful for.....

My husband. I truly have the most wonderful husband who messes up at times but admits it I love that about him.

My church family. Their support is tremendous.

Good health.

A roof over my head WITH ELECTRICITY! Last wks black out made me realize how much of a modern woman I am

An understanding merciful God!

Wow I am soooo blessed!

Well back to work! I will BBL!
Old 08-22-2003, 10:27 AM   #6  
Cockeyed Optimist

I think I'm responding backwards, but oh well.

Becky - glad that the evening's activities got you out of a blue mood.

Jess - hope you are getting enough sleep to go with all the hard work.

Rina - thanks for sharing descriptions of your continuing ed. class - I enjoy hearing about it.

Jayne - First, I find myself wishing on every penny I find and every evenings first star for this baby. Second, you suck! I was really kind of relishing wallowing in a horrifically crabby mood this morning and now you've gone and ruined it! Hee.

Blessings.....

A kind, supportive, loving partner.

A home.

Jobs with enough income to pay the bills and have some luxuries.

A few really good RL friends and all of you.

A body the despite the need to lose weight, is amazingly healthy.

Siblings and parents that are friends as well as family.

The beginnings of relationships and understanding with CB's family.

Hope you all have good days!
Old 08-22-2003, 10:29 AM   #7  
Eve's Mom

Yay! it is Friday!I am sooooo happy for the weekend. I have a TON of work to do today, but then I don't have to work all weekend. The next few weeks of work will be psycho.

I don't konw what is wrong with me lately - I am sooooo hungry!! I don't know what is up! I just seem to have a growly tummy all the time. It's been a very bad TOM and very painful, so maybe that has to do with it. yesterday was the worst, but today seems to be more under control.

Daphne - thanks for the clarification on the new points system - I feel better now. I think I will probably do better on it too...I lose the most when I eat at about 26-27 and have one or two bigger days in between.

Jess - that is awesome that the leaders were losing! I think I'll WI on Monday (as I am totaly avoiding it today, I KNOW I am up and I want a few days to get rid of TOM and not have a huge gain.) to see the new material. I am excited!!

Jayne - I am glad to hear this PG is going so well!! Something must haveclicked this time. Good topic of the day....

Things going right...

Carmen is growing and happy and healthy - she might not need surgery for a few years!!

My other sister is finally Pregnant!

My mom is finally happy in her own pad!

B/f is talking marriage and kids in the next 2 years! AND it's not hypothetical!

I go to the gym at least 2x/week and I ran a 5K!!

My job, though stressful, is secure and I like the work.

My car is paid for, my degree is paid for!!

I have good friends and a good support system here on the web.

OK -that is enough - Jayne - I was becoming glass-half-empty but this list is smacking me upside the head!! Good idea!!

Rina - your course sounds awesome!! Come to Calgary and fix me!

Hey Becky - I am glad to hear you ended up going out last night - sometimes when we want to hide in bed the best thing is to socialize. We are women, after all....

OK I have to get to work or I'll never leave today. I'ts my sister's b-dayso I am trying to get to the gym as it'll be a high point dinner!!

So far I am OP - I had cottage cheese and fruit for breakkie!

CIAO BBL
Old 08-22-2003, 10:37 AM   #8  
Cockeyed Optimist

Belle - I'm jealous of your weekend. I'm only on day 6 of a 14 day stretch without time off.

My company just issued a new dress code policy.

Under "Unacceptable Dress"........"Not wearing undergarments."

Hilarious. How will management know if I'm not wearing underlovlies? Will there be surprise inspections?
Old 08-22-2003, 11:19 AM   #9  
Bono Fanatic!

Thumbs down 2 days in a row!

Hey ladies... I decided I would post again today before classes start again on Monday and my life get turned upside down.

Laura - I owe you an email... it's coming soon. I think it is hysterical that your company had to point out that undergarments were required. Must be too many braless ladies running around that office!

Belle - So glad to hear that Carmen is doing well!

Becky - I agree that dinner with a girlfriend is one of the most therapeutic activities there is. Glad you enjoyed it.

Jess - Make sure you take time to do something for yourself while working so hard.

Rina - I pulled a muscle in my neck last night and can hardly turn my head this morning. Sure would be nice if I lived near you and you could work some of your magic!

Jayne - Put me on the list of people wishing you a safe and healthy prgnancy. I'm glad to hear you feel so well.

Lori - Congrats on Sara!!

Let's see.... things that I am thankful for...
- My parents, who raised me to think for myself and make my own decisions
- My sister and brother, who are my 2 favorite people
- My healthy and happy niece and nephew
- My independence, that has allowed me to truly find happiness alone. I firmly believe you can't find happiness in a partnership until you are truly happy with who you are as an individual.
- My education, that has opened more doors for me than I would have ever thought possible.
- My ability to support myself comfortably
- My health and physical abilities. If you had ever told me 5 years ago that I could run for 2 hours straight, I would have thought you were nuts. It is amazing what the body is capable of if you work at it.

I am already an optimist, but it is nice to actually list what you are thankful for occassionally.
Old 08-22-2003, 11:31 AM   #10  
Duchess Tiger Lily

Oh, I can't tell you how nice it is to see all of these positive posts! I believe that this is just what the doctor ordered for us.

JenK, I've missed you, my running goddess!! I'm glad to see that you are happily busy with school and work. Is your firm going to take you on as a lawyer once you're finished, or does that remain to be seen?

Laura, I guess you're going to have to take up that "style" of wearing low-rise pants with high-cut g-strings sticking out the top, just to make sure no one's gonna go snooping down your pants. I dare you to ask your boss how the company will be enforcing that!

Belle-girl, sounds like you've got some really great things going on in your life these days -- I'm so happy for you. I'm glad that bf is starting to talk family and that your mom isn't a worry for the time being. Little things like that really eat at you (they would at anyone,I think!), and it's nice to see you free from them.

Becky, I really hear you on the whole church family thing. As a pastor's daughter, the church family was the only extended family we ever had around (we moved so much!) and now that I'm without extended family around here, they've really come in for me as well. I love that your hubby can admit it when he screws up. Mine still can't (although neither can I, not to him, so who am I to talk?)

Rina, your conference sounds amazing. I had the hot stone therapy for ciatica when I was pregnant with Aaron. It was the only thing that helped. Of course, at $50 an hour, I couldn't afford much of it...but I did love the times I had it. Massage therapists are some of the most necessary people I know!

Thanks to all of you for your good wishes and thoughts. I am really touched, and it helps me to think of that when I start to panic about it.

I better get some groceries and do my errands (library, drop off various things, pick up various things, you all know the drill) and come back and clean my messy house. It's driving me nuts! So I better get busy and do something about it instead of complaining, right?
Old 08-22-2003, 12:03 PM   #11  
Started IP 1/8/13

Height: 5'7"

Morning all

Jayne, great topic especially with the week I've had -

My blessings -
My health, which has been getting better and better since I've lost weight - 3 years ago my cholesterol was 237, just had it checked and it's now 176! (I feel like that Cheerios commercial)

I love my friends and family, can always count on them!

I have a great entry-level job, which will help me to move on to something related to my major, and offers overtime occasionally which is very helpful!

I have an apartment, and finally a roommate, after a year of living all by myself..

I'm sure a thousand people have posted since I started this, so it's time to move on...

Have a great weekend everyone! Jen, it's nice to "see" you on the board again!
Old 08-22-2003, 01:14 PM   #12  
KO
In Pursuit of Divatude!

hey girls my blessings are
My family who tho wacko and drive me crazy love me immensely and make me laugh
My fiancee for loving me and telling me I look gorgeous every time i come down the stairs
My friends for loving me and putting up with me
My dogs for giving the best snugs
Me for accepting me as I am and moving on with life

We discussed finances and did the math last night and it will be too much of a squeeze to do the house
but thats good b/c I wasnt really ready
I have to head out the door but I will bbl
Love
Kierie
Old 08-22-2003, 02:54 PM   #13  
A Yankee in Virginia

Hey girls! I can'r respond to everyone because the editors have been ever-so-annoying lately. Yesterday was such a bad day at work I won't even describe it.

But I can think of what I'm thankful for! What a great idea!

I'm thankful for:
~ Getting to ride on the new police boat on the Chesapeake Bay for three hours this morning for a story! (Weather was absolutely beautiful)
~ My husband, who is just the greatest guy on the planet and my private cheerleader
~ My sister, who's about to finish massage therapy school and is giving me a massage when I go visit her next week! She and I are very close
~ My mom and step-dad - wonderful parents
~ My dogs, my furry children, who always make me smile. Nothing that a dog hug won't help.
~ Only three more hours until I can go home!!!
Old 08-22-2003, 03:05 PM   #14  
Never Quit!

Thumbs down Hi Everyone!

Wow is it H-O-T here in NY! We are waiting for the rain to come because they promised us a wonderful weekend. Weigh in is Saturday, so we'll see how it goes. We will also formerly find out about the flex point thing...so I am crossing my fingers.

I am sorry it has been a bit, but I have been pretty bummed these days and greatly discouraged . I won't bring anyone down though and let you know what is going well:
I've been on program most of the week
I've started the Firm II tapes and LOVE THEM! Thankfully there wasnt' any money lost on them.
Mom/Dad & Sis all joined WW to get themselves in shape and that helps me breathe easier.

Other than that, I am just thankful it is Friday It makes me happy, happy, happy.

Laura - Too funny wiht the dress code. I was cracking up over here !!!

Rina - Your new endevours sound wonderful. My girlfriend is a masseuse and she loves it.

Ladies...sorry I didn't get to everyone. I promise to be better next week.

Best wishes and catch everyone next week!

~Cuba
Old 08-22-2003, 03:07 PM   #15  
Never Quit!

Default One last thing...

I have a Hubby from HEAVEN !!!

~Cuba
Closed Thread