Weight Loss Support Give and get support here!

Old 04-11-2016, 11:38 AM   #1  

Question I just can't lose it!

Hey there friends, I've been following the 3FC forum for a while but today I knew I needed to create an account because as of this moment - I'm super frustrated!

Back in 2011 I lost a great amount of weight (80KG's) and for the 5 years I've managed to keep it off really well! Since the end of last year I've done a lot of moving and travelling and with all that I managed to gain around 8kg's which I'm not too happy about but it could always be worse!

Since the beginning of Feb I decided I needed to get back on track and so I decided to go back to making sure that my eating was on track again.

1) I went back to strict eating according to my weight-loss plan - no help!
2) I got my Thyroid retested and it's normal.
3) I even went on a short vegan challenge for a while where I shed around 1kg in a month! (what a bore!)
4) I went to the doctor for help and he prescribed a injection that I needed to take twice daily for a month to boost my metabolism, LITERALLY NO HELP!
5) Make sure I do a good amount of cardio 4 days a week.

I am also on anti-depressants but the Doctor that I visited mentioned that they're a not the type to interfere with my weight. I did a bit of research on them and it seems to be the case, they've got no weight side effects.

I'm thinking I should book a follow up Dr's appointment and see what he says, I'm really frustrated at this point because I'm being super good. After all the weight-loss from a few years ago being on a diet is the last of my worries because it's actually easier for me now that I'm settled down again.

I'm just so confused at this point, like what am I doing wrong? It's driving me crazy that I'm not seeing any results! Any help out there, or anyone that's experienced this before?
sky101 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-11-2016, 12:50 PM   #2  

S/C/G: 133.4/123.2/115

For me, I've maintained for years. I always track, but I start estimating and that causes me to maintain. When I'm 100% in with weighing every food item, I usually lose - slowly, but I see at least a tiny movement on the scale. Is it possible that you're underestimating your calories in or overestimating your calories out?
Munchy is offline   Reply With Quote