South Beach Diet Fat Chicks on the Beach!

Closed Thread

Old 04-06-2016, 05:18 AM   #1  

S/C/G: 162/145/145

Height: 5' 9 3/4

Default Wake Up Wednesday Beach Chat 4/6

I'm up wide awake and super early. Anyone care to join me for coffee?
Old 04-06-2016, 05:30 AM   #2  

I am quickly supping my black coffee before drinking the last third of the swill. I did manage to shave and bathe Coconut yesterday and one very quick errand. The prep still had not given me results. Many forums suggested Miralax, the same active ingredient in the prep. They were right! No side effects at all. Hopefully this goes as planned today. Here's a laugh, I am up two pounds since beginning the prep. I know it shall pass, no pun intended.

Nichole your menu looked good. Did you consider adding some protein to your breakfasts? For me, if I eat a really good breakfast it helps me manage the day. Maybe adding a coup,e of slices of turkey. Are you hungry throughout the day? What type of work are you looking for?

Welcome Concon! When I fall off the wagon it is usually big too. The key is not giving up from one day's choices.

Time to chug a lug! Looking forward to lunch afterwards with DS. He wants to go to Applebee's which us fine by me. I am planning on being off plan today. Mama wants a burger, no bun lol
Old 04-06-2016, 05:55 AM   #3  
Come on Spring!

S/C/G: 232/170/150

Height: 5'0" on a tall day

Darned new PC! Just lost my post. Another coffee needed. Off to the gym at 7 so may have to wait until later.Hit ENTER now, Ruthie!
Old 04-06-2016, 06:27 AM   #4  
Working on healthy

Height: 5'5.5

Good morning I'm up but not perky. The flu is still dragging on, just a low-grade fever and lots and lots of sleep, enough to interfere wth my normal routine. DH is fighting it too. He decided to call out last night and had soup ready when I got home from work. It made my day. Kids are still testing, afternoons are chaotic, and I started working in the afterschool program. It is hump day and our s**w is melting, onward to the weekend

Last edited by CyndiM; 04-06-2016 at 06:28 AM.
Old 04-06-2016, 06:44 AM   #5  
GlenwoodHotSprings

S/C/G: 275/179/179

Height: 5'5"

Good morning!

Thanks, Jennifer, for getting us started this morning! I hope you have a great lunch after all the cr*p you've been through.

Cyndi, keep getting better! It's garden time soon!

Ruth, continued kudos for recommitting to the gym!

Welcome to our daily, Nicole and concon!

everyone else!

It's quiet morning here! Super windy out but it's supposed to be 70 in Denver today. We put the bike on and do some errands while I'm there. Court tomorrow for the eviction. I've got a chore list going. On my agenda, clean the living room carpet. Kirby was sick yesterday. I hope he's better today.

Have a great Wednesday everyone!
Old 04-06-2016, 06:58 AM   #6  

Height: 5' 5"

Good morning! Quick flyby on my way out the door. I like to touch base in the morning to help keep my focus.

Although......tonight will probably be off plan. It is DH's birthday and if he wants to go out, we will; I will just try to use some moderation.

No time for personals; just Happy Hump Day to all the chicks. I'll be back later!
Old 04-06-2016, 07:06 AM   #7  

S/C/G: 144/131/128

Height: 5' 4"

I'm just laughing at Debbie telling Jennifer to have a great lunch after all the cr@p she's been through. Shouldn't it be all the cr@p that's going out?! LOL!! (for the new chicks, Jennifer is having a colonoscopy, if you hadn't figured it out! We're a close group here....)

It is 23 out there right now! WHAT THE HECK!?!? Although, it was a very, very mild winter. I guess the farmer's almanac actually got it wrong this time. It looks like it will be warmer in Denver than it is here today! That's crazy!

Ruth - I HATE when that happens! Hope your work out goes well.
Jennifer - Good luck today. I am absolutely dreading having that done, in part from my low blood pressure. I'm honestly not sure I could handle it. We'll see...
Cyndi - I hope you and yours feel better soon! Is Cricket a good nurse? That was sweet to have soup waiting, which one was it?

I kind of dislike Wednesdays, my daughter has choir before school, so I drive her and pick up a friend at 7:30....brrrrrrr this morning! But then I have the rest of the morning to myself . My probe is stuck in my oven, good thing my friend with the heart transplant is the appliance repair man, he said he'd come over and fix it . After I try to fix that on my own first, I'll finish taxes and get those out, we're getting a decent return since I didn't work much last year. (and for those who didn't know...if you have private disability, if YOU pay for it, it is not taxed; if your EMPLOYER pays for it, you do....huge difference in income! Yay me, I paid for it!)

Enjoy Hump day! (Mike, Mike, Mike!)
Old 04-06-2016, 08:03 AM   #8  

S/C/G: 223.5/225/165

Height: 5'4

Good morning-

Yesterday was a struggle hunger wise but I made it. I realized I needed to start with protein. This is today's menu:
Breakfast: Eggs and low fat string cheese

Lunch: grilled chicken salad with almonds, low fat blue cheese crumbles and oil and vinegar

Dinner: Maple mustard chicken with cauliflower, side sald, and cilantro lime cucumbers

Snacks: celery with cream cheese
chocolate peanut butter ricotta

-2 cups of coffee with ff milk
-32 ounces of water (need to increase as time goes on)

Jekel338 - Last night was very bad hunger wise. I am hoping by adding more protein and some snacks help today. I am looking for either teaching work or office work. Just need something at this point. I am waiting to hear if I got a third grade teaching job. I should hear by next week. Over 35 resumes sent out and called for 2 interviews. My dream is to start selling my sewing and not have to work at all. I am working on that one.
Old 04-06-2016, 08:21 AM   #9  

Nicole - when I was good, I would make a breakfast casserole (the spinach feta off of budget bytes was my favorite, I think I added mushrooms), I would make it early in the week and warm it in the toaster oven daily. (microwaved is gross!!)

My snacks were often a cheese stick or hummus and veggies, so higher in protein to hold me better. Since you don't say volume, just make sure that you're having 2 cups of veggies. You can also add beans (chick peas) or similar to salads for a little more holding power. When you say salad, are you meaning tomatoes, cukes, etc too?

Good luck on your job search! It is really hard to get a teaching job here, probably because I live near Penn State.

Good morning Beth! Enjoy your day!
Old 04-06-2016, 09:01 AM   #10  

Height: 5' 7"

Good morning,

Wow a chatty bunch this morning, love it!!! I ended up picking DD2 up from school yesterday around 10:30. She doesn't have a fever opposite really lower than normal temp but has cough and red eyes and runny nose and her joints ache so I kept her home again to let her sleep it out. Luckily I am wfh today, I may make tomorrow a wfh day as well instead of going in.

Still working on reports and such, power struggle between the higher ups as to what they want on them, so much politics the higher up you go in an organization

Let's see if I can fit in all of the personals before my 8 a.m. call

Jekel you sure woke up early, I was going to mention miralex as that is what they had me use, a whole bottle mixed with 64 ounces of liquid and then some pills and it sure does work. hehe Hope the procedure goes by quickly and enjoy your lunch afterwards

Ruth I hate when I lose my post, enjoy your workout

Cyndi I sure hope DD2 doesn't have the flu, I did not give her a shot this year

Debbie enjoy your outing to Denver and hope you get a bike ride in

Beth happy birthday to DH

Tywnn yeah for tax refund, glad I have all of them behind me for the year

Nicole your menu looks good but you should never be hungry. You might try eating something if you get hunger pangs unless it's just carb cravings which are bad the first few days. Like everyone else mentioned beans and dairy are good for helping with that. I find I really like sf jello as well

Welcome to Concon as well.

Have a great day everyone!
Old 04-06-2016, 09:39 AM   #11  

Tywnn- I am getting 2 cups of veggies with lunch and dinner. Also, my salads have cucumbers, tomatoes, celery, spinach, and lettuce.

PearlRose- I am going to get some SF jello. I forgot I could have that. Hummus too. I am fine during the day but at night, I get the cravings or hunger not sure which they are. I just want to eat and feel hungry. It is not like I want something specific.

Have a great day everyone. It is sunny here in NY so I am going to take the dog to the dog park before the rain comes in tomorrow.
Old 04-06-2016, 10:04 AM   #12  
Come on Spring!

S/C/G: 232/170/150

Height: 5'0" on a tall day

You know having new Beachers is certainly making me think more about what I've been eating. The scale has been stuck for a while and too many bad carbs are sneaking in. Skipping breakfast is a bad habit that has resurfaced. I must make some sort of d egg and spinach thingie and smarten up. Thanks for helping me get back on track, Nicole and Concon.

Good gym workout this morning and my wonky knees even allowed me to get down on the floor and do a plank - a proper one, not the "easy" one. Now to work on holding it longer.

Anna and I are tackling only one interview this afternoon and are not hopeful about this one. The young woman was probably nervous but spoke in a very child-like voice and punctuated every sentence with a giggle. Not good when the job involves constantly dealing with the public, in person and on the phone.

The thermometer says 37ºF but the wind chill is terrible. Snow is in the forecast. I knew that'd happen as soon as I took off the snow-tires! My two spoiled dogs are curled up together on the cream satin chair I just had recovered and I feel like joining them. Instead of that I'm going to make soup for lunch - clam chowder with zucchini instead of potato - but first I'll check out the news. Did I ever tell you I adore the Donald? NOT!!
Old 04-06-2016, 01:55 PM   #13  

CHICKS!! Did you see this recipe today? On the facebook feed for budget bytes. New chicks, if you haven't seen her site, or Kalyn's kitchen, they're a couple of favorites. Kalyn's is almost all south beach friendly, only some of budget bytes are.

http://www.budgetbytes.com/2016/04/t...umber-salad-2/

Makes me impatient for summer gardens!!
Old 04-06-2016, 03:10 PM   #14  

Thank you for the tip Twynn. I am going to check out those sites right now.
Old 04-06-2016, 04:05 PM   #15  

Well I still had cr@p in my system!!! At least the dr could see better than last year. No polyps or structural issues I just have a super sluggish (no pun intended) colon. I do get a 5 year pass who hoo! Maybe by then the prep will be even better. Tammy my BP is low, not as low as yours, but the prep really elevated. it. I was 140/90 when they first started monitoring me. My resting HR was 44, thank you cardio! By the time Inkeft I was down to 110/60 which is closer to my normal. Is usually hover just under 100. I ate like a fiend afterwards lol. Won't even say what or how much, but the prep is still doing its thing lol.

Nichole your menu looks great today. Let us know if adding protein helps. You definitely should not be hungry on SB.

Ruth awesome job planking! I get more motivated every time we get a new chick too.

Tammy do all ovens have a probe? I'm not sure what that is.....or did you stick something in your oven silly girl lol

Pearlrose I hope DD feels better.

I'd write more but still feeling sleepy. I'm napping while watching old TV shows from my youth. Chips and Emergency are back to back! Maybe I'll stay home again tomorrow lol

Happy hump day!
Closed Thread