Depression and Weight Issues Have you been diagnosed with depression, are possibly on depression medication, and find it affects your weight loss efforts? Post here for support!

Old 04-05-2016, 09:16 PM   #1  

Unhappy My binge story

Hi everyone, I'm new to the forum and would like to share my story. I used to be 120 pounds and I'm 5'2. I dropped down to 105, then 95. When I got back from vacation, I allowed myself one day of eating crap which escalated to the point where I've been binge eating over 3000 cal for 3.5 weeks. I feel disgusting. I would have ice cream bars (like 5-8 a day) as a binge on top of everything else. I'm 113 pounds now, and i have binged on almost half a box of raisin bran and 2 packets of oatmeal on top of my regular intake. I've spoken to my doctor about talking to a therapist which I hope to see soon. Right now Im stressed with school and I'm eating junk to cope. What hurts is that I'm talking to this guy who seems interested in me, but I think Im going to stop talking to him because he's going to see the weight gain. Binge eating is ruining my life. I don't know how I'm going to be skinny by July if I keep going like this. Any tips on what to do to stop binging, like what to eat the next day, etc.?
nohopeleft123 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-2016, 01:09 PM   #2  

Wow slow sub section lol.

Well I have been struggling with bingeing for the past 6 months. This is a first for me. I quit smoking 11/5..My Dad passed in January and that same week I started a very stressfull sales job. So it's not shocking that I have some issues/stress and food has been my outlet.

So...I just went to the doctor on Monday. She put me on Wellbutrin a anti-depressant and from what I've read here can really help with weightloss. It will also hopefully help with my stress and or emotional eating. She ran some blood test to rule anything out and I'm waiting for those results. Her hunch is I may need to be on a low dose hormone.

I would really suggest..highly suggest visiting your doctor and getting a full blood panel done and then visit with a psychiatrist who can prescribe some meds

I'm on amino acid therapy for sugar...google it...and that has been beyond AMAZING. So rarely discussed.

I wish you well
bchlvnmamma is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-27-2016, 07:32 AM   #3  

Default amino acids for sugar?

Hi, I'm totally new here. What you said about the amino acids interested me. I bought and skimmed through a book recently called The Mood Cure which discussed Amino Acids. I've been meaning to read the book and learn more about amino acids but haven't yet. Are you talking about an amino acid that will help with sugar cravings? What did you buy and how are you taking it? Very curious!
lemontwist is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-27-2016, 12:59 PM   #4  

A great book to understand binge eating is Brain Over Binge by Kathryn Hansen. I read the books about amino acids and mood, cravings. I tried some of the rec'd supplements but they did not help. Just my experience
Sundove is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-29-2016, 10:59 PM   #5  

Thanks for the reply and the info..
lemontwist is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-16-2016, 01:14 PM   #6  

S/C/G: 156/154/125

Height: 5'1.5"

As someone who is your height and went through something similar years ago, let me tell you that at 113 you are still very skinny!! So you shouldn't feel fat nor should you stop seeing that guy!

Take it easy, take it one day at a time, you got this!

Just make a plan, take control, you can eat delicious food and still maintain your weight and figure.

What resonates with me is that I felt the same way, I thought that at 116 I was a lost cause and that it would be impossible to get back to my original weight. This led me to keep binging and I ended 140+ and with stretch marks.

So please just realize that you are in fact skinny, period, and that all you need to take some deep breaths and make a plan, and be happy!

Last edited by happynottsgirl; 05-16-2016 at 01:15 PM.
happynottsgirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-05-2016, 09:32 AM   #7  

S/C/G: 175/172.8/105

Height: 5'2

Hello! I am sorry to hear that you are feeling down about your weight gain and wanting to lose it right away. It sounds like it's taking a toll on your self esteem and confidence. I see a lot of me in you and wanted to share my story.

I am 5'2 and trust me, I've 'been there and done that' to lose weight, including anorexia and bulimia, and it took me a while to just "accept" and love myself the way that I am. My weight went from 130 to 86 pounds to 160 to 110 and now 172. LOL and I am the same height as you. Anorexia messed up my metabolism and bulimia was a waste of food and made my teeth rotten (all the acid wreaked havoc on my pearly whites). I spent so much money to repair my damn teeth.

Anyhow, I remember in the past, I would cancel going on dates and hanging out with friends because I was worried i was too chubby. I was worried people would laugh at me or talk behind my back. But here's the thing- people have their own problems and the last thing they care about is making fun of my looks. Seriously, think about it- people are wrapped up in their lives to think about others.

A couple of things I've learned:

- You are beautiful just the way you are. God created you.
- Beauty is not based on numbers; it comes from within
- You can't please everyone no matter how hard you try- if someone doesn't like you because of your weight or looks, screw them. They're not worth your time. They're shallow and you shouldn't be around people like that
- Life is too short to worry about weight!

I know, it's easier said than done for me to say "get over it." After being in treatment in hospitals for anorexia, and seeing psychiatrists and taking anti-depressants (the reason why I gained weight FAST), I just had enough.

The whole binging thing is messing you up! Heck, I used to spend my whole paychecks on food just to eat it all at home by myself and throw up . One time, I ate a whole large pizza, alfredo pasta, and a box of cheeze it crackers all in one sitting, just to throw it up. And i felt like crap throwing up , wondering " did it all come out? omg, i ate x amount of calories and only half came out".

You are in a healthy range and I would kill to be your weight. But, if you want to lose weight, do the Atkins phase 1 - no carbs. Stop worrying what others think about you, especially that guy. Trust me, there are a ton of guys that want to be with you. Even at my heaviest weight now, I can still get dates. You just gotta say to your self " I am one sexy mutha effer and if you dont like me , that's your bad" and live your life.

When you get older, your mind would be wasting time on looks..you're more worried about finances. LMAO

Last edited by chubbygirl54; 06-05-2016 at 09:35 AM.
chubbygirl54 is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
binge eating