Living Maintenance general maintenance topics and discussions

Old 04-04-2016, 06:08 AM   #1  
Super Moderator

S/C/G: 239/173/165

Height: 5'9"

Default Maintainers Weekly Chat April 4 - April 10

Had to clear snow off the cars yesterday. Snow is predicted for today. Happy Spring - wherever you are, LOL.

My joy was to fill (late) Easter Baskets for the adult kids with fruits and nuts. No candy! That's always great fun. I learned why my DS no longer wants Cadbury creme eggs: seems that somewhere in high school he went to CVS the day after Easter and bought a whole bag of them. He put then in the freezer and had one a day. Now he can't stand the sight of them, LOL.
BillBlueEyes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-04-2016, 09:25 AM   #2  

S/C/G: 173/in progress/140ish

Height: 5'8"

I've never liked the Cadbury eggs, so I guess I'm safe. Reese's peanut butter eggs on the other hand...

I'm a bad pet sitter. I'm sitting my DD's two cats and her dog. One of her cats is adept at using the dog door, so we're pretty vigilant at keeping the insert in the door to render it useless. But DH takes the insert out so the dogs can use it. At some point yesterday, that cat got out and we didn't notice. We put the insert in when we went to bed (and obviously did not take inventory). When I woke, I worried that we had forgotten the insert, but was relieved to see it was in. Then I went to feed the cats and I heard a meow. Yep, darn cat was out on the patio and had obviously spent the night out. Thankfully he's okay. He was certainly happy to be let back in!
alinnell is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-04-2016, 11:25 AM   #3  

S/C/G: 178/134/125

Height: 5'6"

Quote:
Originally Posted by alinnell View Post
I've never liked the Cadbury eggs, so I guess I'm safe. Reese's peanut butter eggs on the other hand...

I'm a bad pet sitter. I'm sitting my DD's two cats and her dog. One of her cats is adept at using the dog door, so we're pretty vigilant at keeping the insert in the door to render it useless. But DH takes the insert out so the dogs can use it. At some point yesterday, that cat got out and we didn't notice. We put the insert in when we went to bed (and obviously did not take inventory). When I woke, I worried that we had forgotten the insert, but was relieved to see it was in. Then I went to feed the cats and I heard a meow. Yep, darn cat was out on the patio and had obviously spent the night out. Thankfully he's okay. He was certainly happy to be let back in!
Hopefully my pet sitter is better than you! Just kidding! Good thing the cat knew to stick around!

I am on Spring Break and have been in Houston since Friday. My stomach virus really messed up my system and its still not even close to normal almost a week later. Saturday we went out with a realtor looking at houses with dd. Sunday we drove ourselves to scout out some areas. Some in her price range look awful! We are going back out with the realtor this afternoon again. We found one yesterday that looked great but we only saw the outside. Praying we find the perfect house for her to make an offer!

Saw my best friend since high school and her hubby Saturday night, and staying with in laws. So far so good.

I wanted to do bikram but my schedule isn't the priority and my tummy is iffy. My in laws live in a beautiful neighborhood with lakes that have paths around them. So as much as I hate running, I've run 2 out of 3 days and walked them with dh the third. I'm so sore!
traveling michele is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-04-2016, 05:34 PM   #4  

S/C/G: 152/???/132/33

Height: 5'4"

Working in the snow today. Very disheartening but expected. Still normal to get one last storm here in April. I hope yesterday's was it - over 10 cm of snow dropped and the wind was blowing it all over the place.

Tonite the temps drop to minus 10 C -

Dagmar
Mudpie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-05-2016, 12:04 PM   #5  
Workin' It

I used to love Cadbury creme eggs. They are way too sweet, now. I do still like Cadbury mini eggs A LOT. I avoid them at all costs most years.

Most of the schools around us are on spring break now, it makes the traffic a lot better. My insurance open enrollment is next week, so I'll be on the road a lot. Sadly, I couldn't get it scheduled for the better traffic week. LOL
Shannon in ATL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-05-2016, 06:20 PM   #6  

S/C/G: 184/132/125

Height: 5'5"

I agree, Shannon, those Cadbury eggs are way too sweet. And Allison, I agree that I could eat a dozen Reese's eggs!

I'm finally done with my radiation! No more daily appointments. My skin is red in areas, but doesn't bother me and should start getting better soon.

Last Fri & Sat I went to Carrizo Plain National Monument to hike and see the wildflower bloom. It was really something! Here are my photos. I haven't hiked with my camera in a long time. It felt very satisfying to use it again. I decided to eat healthy food at the campground, so at home I prepped everything I'd need for a stir fry and made cauliflower fried rice to go with it. In the morning I had veggies and eggs. All desserts were left at home. I think it was the first time I didn't gain weight during a car camp.

My next appt is April 18 with the medical oncologist to determine my chemo schedule. I think the whole thing will take 3 months. While I'm not looking forward to it, I am no longer dreading it either.

Last edited by HowlinAtTheMoon; 04-05-2016 at 06:29 PM.
HowlinAtTheMoon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-06-2016, 09:27 AM   #7  

S/C/G: 173/in progress/140ish

Height: 5'8"

Beautiful flowers, Alice! Glad your treatment is over.

I'm winding down and concentrating on my upcoming vacation. It's less than 6 weeks away now. But we have so much to do in the mean time. I'm entering in a golf tournament this morning (scheduled for early May) and we have several big dinners to attend as well. And I have hair and nail appointments and a doctor appointment. Busy, busy. I also have to record a video for my MIL showing her the correct way to feed my dogs. She can be really scatterbrained so I think a video as well as written instructions is the way to go.
alinnell is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-06-2016, 03:14 PM   #8  
in development

Height: 5' 6"

Alice, what a lovely place. Thank you for posting such great photos. Flowers are very difficult to photograph, I think - see below.

Btw, are you happy with Smugmug? A colleague and I are going to set up an image bank for our latest project (gardening columns) and I've been wondering what to use.

(And just great to hear that the radiation treatment is over.)

Last edited by silverbirch; 04-06-2016 at 03:29 PM.
silverbirch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-06-2016, 06:49 PM   #9  

S/C/G: 152/???/132/33

Height: 5'4"

Beautiful place Alice. And gorgeous flower shots.

I won't post the poor frozen shrivelled things in my yard that were going to be crocuses.

Dagmar
Mudpie is offline   Reply With Quote