Featherweights For those with just a few pounds, or trying to lose those last few pounds.

Old 04-03-2016, 02:04 PM   #1  

S/C/G: 242/150/140

Height: 5'7"

Smile 7kg in 10 weeks diary

Right, I have decided to try and loose 7kg (about 15 and a half pounds) in 10 weeks.

This is vanity weight loss as my BMI is 23.1 at 5'7" and 67kg at 53 years of age...female and menopausal!

The reason? I fly to the UK in 11 weeks and I want to knock the spots off everyone who hasn't seen me for a number of years. I started at 110kg (about 242 pounds if I remember right, anyway you can convert it yourself if you are interested ) and my body composition will never be what it was pre obesity, however, I can look better than I do now!

The trip is a huge incentive, and I thought I would keep a diary here to help keep me accountable. Every little helps!

Today is Monday 4th April. On Saturday 2nd I ran a big trail race, took just under 3 hours and didn't disgrace myself. I was in the bottom half of the race but well in, there were plenty of people behind me. However I am still stiff and sore today, so just a walk for exercise today I think.

So here goes! 7kg in 10 weeks, a challenge indeed, but even if I only lose half of that I will still be slimmer...right?

Auto
autodidact is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-03-2016, 02:18 PM   #2  

S/C/G: 200/see ticker/138

Height: 5ft 3

best of luck!
i have 9 and a half weeks till my holiday and im trying to lose 17lbs in that time
Rechyl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-03-2016, 07:55 PM   #3  

Hi rechyl, we can do this together!

Where are you going?

Auto
Old 04-04-2016, 05:29 AM   #4  

Day 1 is over, and not too bad.
Exercise, 1 hour of walking on the beach with the dog...slowly as I am still stiff from the weekend.

Breakfast. Porridge with frozen berries and bananas (made extra for a snack later)
Lunch. Rice with kidney beans and vegetables.
Supper. Curry, mostly pumpkin from the garden with extra veg lying around the kitchen. Rice.

Snack. Cold porridge (yum!)
And...opps....4 chunks dark chocolate......
Old 04-04-2016, 01:14 PM   #5  

im going to Puerto Rico in Gran Canaria.

Are you counting calories or just being careful or following a plan?

Im counting calories and i can have about 1400-1450 a day but at least one day a week ill try to eat around 800 if i can.

im still trying to get over a chest infection type thing so i cant do anything strenuous but im doing some pilates nightly and then ill get back to the gym 3 times a week once im better.

Last edited by Rechyl; 04-04-2016 at 01:15 PM.
Old 04-04-2016, 04:23 PM   #6  

Ohh...fun trip! I'm just going home to see my mum and sister.

I eat a plant based diet. I never count anything because I get major triggers if I do (in the past I have counted calories, fat, carbs...if you can count it I have!)

I never really solved the whole weight loss/gain cycle until I went whole food plant based. And believe me I tried EVERYTHING! I was even zero carb for an entire year and lost almost nothing. Now I just eat whole food plants. I don't weigh any foods or count. If I do want to do a push, like now, I lower the calorie density, and eat under 600 calories/pound. So for now, no flour, bread, nuts, coconut etc. all fruit/veg/beans/whole grains. If I want to do a REALLY big push...and I might if I need to speed things up, I do the potato hack for 5 days.
But I don't count.....it really really messes things up in my head

Auto
Old 04-04-2016, 04:29 PM   #7  

potato hack?

Sometimes i get a bit obsessive but im working on that. I've realised i cant completely eliminate any food because as soon as i tell myself i cant have it, its all i can think about. For me, counting calories means i can trade if i really want to but it also makes me realise "treats" come at a cost.
Old 04-05-2016, 02:07 PM   #8  

It's so interesting what works for different people. You wouldn't like the potato hack then! As the Martian movie taught us, potatoes are as close to a perfect food as we can get, plenty vit C, loads of minerals and other vitamins, all the amino acids even if a tad low on a few...and very low on one I think. Anyway one only does the potato hack for 5 days...not going to drop dead of nutritional insufficiencies in 5 days!

Basically you eat nothing but potatoes for 5 days....you can eat them anyway you like, boiled, mashed, even baked and then cut into chip shapes and baked again to approximate chips....which is how I eat them. If you like in the states you can get hash browns which are just the grated potatoes, no additions and put them on a grill.

No oil....ever on the hack, no butter, no sauces. Bit of salt and pepper if you like, sprinkle a herb or a spice but the idea is to be bored....very bored indeed, so don't make them too exciting! You will never be hungry, you can eat a potato! But you will be bored! It also resets your fat and sugar receptors all without hunger or setting off starvation mode.

As for me...day 2 was a bit of a bust. Starting again today...day 3!
Old 04-05-2016, 02:33 PM   #9  

yesterday i had 1250 calories so it was a good day food wise.
i have 294 left for today after dinner.

The potato hack sounds .......fun. not for me i dont think.
i dont mind repeating food every night or lunch for a week but not for everything.

It is funny that people can vary so much in what they like/can cope with/works for them.

What happened today to derail you? Was it something you can avoid in future?
Old 04-06-2016, 05:08 AM   #10  

I baked scones for the family. Nice healthy scones...but then I ate....FIVE!

Today was better.
Breakfast. Porridge made with water with frozen berries and banana.
Lunch. Baked potato and left over curry
Supper. Stir fry and rice.
Snacks. Cold porridge and grapes straight off the vine. We have buckets of ripe grapes right now.

Do you eat anything you like...as long as it is under the count? Or do you try to eat 'healthy'?

And how is the chest infection? Feeling any better yet?

Auto.
Old 04-06-2016, 01:15 PM   #11  

i love scones! my favourit is date and treacle with apricot jam on.

i was under again yesterday and i have 339 left for the day. Im starting to be under more than i should be but to be honest i just cant eat more without it being junk and i dont want junk right now.

i try to stick mostly to healthy but if i really want something i will work out how to fit it in. for example, i know im going out this Saturday for a meal and drinks so im saving up my "spare" calories i dont use each day this week for that - i have 1100 so far. I dont always do this but if i really want something or have a special day i will.

Today ive had
Breakfaast: yogurt and banana
Snack: grapes and blueberries
Lunch: home made soup
Dinner: different home made soup thats more like casserole that has chicken and SOOOO much veg and some lentils in it
Other: 2 cups of tea with milk

since i have 339 calories left i might have one of my special christmas chocolates or something.

Im still coughing and congested - its been 4 weeks... im fed up with it.
Old 04-10-2016, 06:56 AM   #12  

this weekend has been baaaaaad. My man is up from London so ive drank like a fish....
Eating hasnt been the problem but drinking has.
Old 04-12-2016, 02:01 PM   #13  

i went back to pilates tonight - finally well enough after almost 5 weeks.

Stayed under calories yesterday and have about 375 left for today with no meals left
Old 04-13-2016, 03:23 PM   #14  

i ended yesterday under my allowance which is great.
today im not sore after Pilates which is also great.
Im under for today and probably wont eat anything else before bed which is also great.
Old 04-16-2016, 11:14 AM   #15  

you still out there auto?