South Beach Diet Fat Chicks on the Beach!

Closed Thread

Old 04-01-2016, 06:28 AM   #1  
Come on Spring!

S/C/G: 232/170/150

Height: 5'0" on a tall day

Default Friday, April 1 - No Fooling Around!

Good morning. April is finally here and fooling around with the weather. The weatherliar is talking polar vortex - they just love that term! No matter what happens, it's Spring - it has to be because my snow tires are off.

I'm off to the gym for 7:30 and need to talk to Linda about shortening my workout. Last time I was there for a full two hours. I think an hour should be enough because getting home at ten sure takes a hunk out of my day. Opinions? Maybe I could do the weights at home on alternate days?

Two of the Island cousins are coming from Ottawa for coffee tomorrow morning and then plan to go up the lake to the Island. I sure hope the ice is out. You can't see the Upper Lake from the Village but the creek is open and the water is rushing through the Mill.

Time to saddle up and get off to the gym. I actually have nothing else on my Friday schedule so may get my sewing table and desk cleared. (Just checked and it's trash day - a day late because of the Easter Monday holiday!)

Enjoy the day and don't be an April Fool!
Old 04-01-2016, 07:28 AM   #2  

S/C/G: 144/131/128

Height: 5' 4"

Oh Ruthie, weights are soooo good for you. And two hours?!? Good grief, that's pretty tough, especially because you haven't gone in quite a while. DD started track on Wednesday, and she is S-O-R-E!!! You should've put the wrong month for April fool's .

Today is DS's birthday! There I was, getting a C-section that was going pretty bad, and I wanted to make sure he was born on the 1st...he made it at 11:51 pm! We're not doing a lot for him, but he'll still be happy...the games he wanted for the WiiU, and we'll get him a laptop board as well. I do have a few errands today (good grief, didn't even consider dessert for him!), and his BFF is coming over for a sleepover, which is all that matters to him.

And to start the day off....DD's parent teacher conference. I'm not too worried about it, except she's an overachiever and a little type A . I wonder where she gets that from?!
Old 04-01-2016, 08:19 AM   #3  

S/C/G: maintaining

Hello, chicks!!! I have not checked in for a long time, but thought of you all today since it was the first of a month. No rabbit, rabbit?

I've been fine and thinking of you all. Life has just gotten in the way. And, to be honest, since I've been maintaining my weight long enough now, I can't really consider myself OP anymore. Although I suppose some would argue that is what PH3 is all about.

MIL is still at home, now almost 8 months post-stroke. Slowly declining. DH is getting less and less help from his siblings so lives there most of the time. I go out there on the days I don't work. He will get a nice break this month when we take our annual drive east to visit our son who is now in CT. His girlfriend has officially moved in and we'll be meeting her parents for the first time. I'm still working part-time at the clothing store and mostly enjoy it. My mom and I have upped our workouts with trainer to three days a week. With all my continuing body issues I do very little else but am starting to ride my bike indoors in hopes someday my husband will be around to ride outdoors with me again. Off to a new hairdresser today; mine retired so I've been growing my hair out since and DH has been coloring it for me. That's been interesting!

Anyhow, I do think of you often.
Old 04-01-2016, 08:49 AM   #4  

Height: 5' 7"

Good morning and Happy April Fool's day!

Thanks everyone for the pixie dust it worked, all I had was salad and veggies and stayed op all day. Today is wfh as I need to take DD2 to Ortho this afternoon, we have 3 interviews but I told my guys to just call me so I can listen to interviews.

The show was good last night and was done by 9 p.m. It was a comedian that used to be on the daily show.

Ruth 2 hours is way too long, my workouts last at most 1 hour. Maybe alternate what you are doing at the gym for different days.

Tywnn Happy Birthday to DS! Hope he has a wonderful day

Karen so nice to hear from you. Must be very hard on both you and DH to have to shoulder most of the responsibility of your MIL.

Have a great day everyone!

Last edited by Pearlrose; 04-01-2016 at 08:55 AM.
Old 04-01-2016, 10:30 AM   #5  
Come on Spring!

S/C/G: 232/170/150

Height: 5'0" on a tall day

Linda says I should be able to do the complete workout in an hour once I get the hang of it. So treadmill at 3mph for 20, then machines and then floor work and weights and stretching! She also gave me some balance/core exercises to do at home. *sigh* Please tell me it'll be worth it!
Old 04-01-2016, 04:16 PM   #6  

S/C/G: 162/145/145

Height: 5' 9 3/4

Ruth YOU ARE WORTH IT!!!!! You definitely will see results. IMHO agree to 2 hours three times per week for one month. If it is too much, you can always cut back a little. Your days are so incredibly full I worry you won't make the time for you.

Karen glad you stopped by so sorry your DH doesn't get much help with your MIL.

Tammy hope your son has a wonderful birthday

Pearlrose you should be proud you stuck to your plan. Way to go girl

As for me I took an hour off at the end of my tour as I had training this morning. Yeah that doesn't don't matter I got home later than normal. Stupid NYC pot hole swallowed me up! Fortunately I was able to limp over to a safe spot and wait the tow. You can't make this stuff up, but the spare had to be deflated to be removed from the wheel well. Apparently there is a design flaw with all the electronics. They block access getting the tire out. To quote Charlie Brown "good grief."

The class, very surprising, was BORING. John fell asleep during one of the presentations. It is nice being home super early. I'm enjoying my afternoon coffee on my front deck. I can't believe snow is predicted for Sunday here!

Hope everyone is having a beautiful day.
Old 04-01-2016, 07:40 PM   #7  

Height: 5' 5"

Evening, chicks! Just checking in.

Ruth, glad your trainer said things will streamline once you learn the routine. I have a hard time finding 1 hour a day!
Karen, good to hear from you, although it stinks DH's obligations are so great and his siblings help so little.
Tammy, my younger brother's birthday is also today. We ribbed him greatly growing up! Happy Birthday to your son!
Pearlrose, glad you enjoyed the show!
Jennifer, there are few things more frustrating than a boring or useless professional development. I feel for you!

Glad it is Friday although we are looking forward to snow this weekend. At least I have crocus blooming today!
Closed Thread