Weight Loss Support Give and get support here!

Old 03-30-2016, 02:06 PM   #1  

Default Anyone Binge during certain times?

When I get home from work around 4ish is when I decide I want to Binge eat! So between 4-6:00 is my most horrible time for eating! I get home hungry so I grab something to eat, which is not horrible but after I finish that I think of what else there is to eat, and then I remember something that's so delicious that I remembered we had, I am not even hungry but I still want whatever it is that pops in my head. It's such a horrible habit to break. Does anyone else have this issue? lol please tell me I'm not alone!
Turner328 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-30-2016, 02:52 PM   #2  

S/C/G: 133.4/123.2/115

What I love is eating lunch around 2 or 2:30. It's substantial and I'm not starving later. Another option is to eat a snack on your way home or right before you leave work. You can even chew gum between 4-6 while you're prepping for your dinner. The last piece of advice is to change your routine. Going to the gym or running errands before going home could help to divert you for a while, then you'll be home for dinner.
Munchy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-30-2016, 10:55 PM   #3  

S/C/G: 213/157/153

Height: 5 ft. four inches

Something that helps me to avoid bingeing or over eating in the afternoon is to eat a protein snack about 3:30 p.m.

I make sure to throw away any junk food. I won't bring temptation into the house. If my husband and kids want cookies or chips I make them store them in a cupboard out in the garage.

I eat an early dinner as well. If I'm hungry afterwards, I drink decaf coffee or tea.
Valkyrie1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-31-2016, 08:03 AM   #4  
Which round am I at now?

S/C/G: 158/see ticker/140

Height: 5' 5-3/4"

If I leave hunger dissatisfied too long, I can really overeat. I'll be too hungry to cook and make bad choices. I plan snacks/mini-meals in advance and bring them with me; I always eat before leaving work. I support the 3:30 protein suggestion!!!

I really binge during emotionally unstable periods. It used to be horribly bad and now I can recognise it and adjust.
souvenirdarling is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-2016, 10:31 AM   #5  

S/C/G: 266/258/180

Height: 5'2"

I have suffered with binge eating for 7 years. Probably all my life but can pin point if for sure in the last 7. For me, it hasn't been about the food completely. It's been about my comfort zone and stress. Food makes me feel better. So very much food. The tricks certainly help, but like Turner328, I just keep eating. I'd have a snack at work before leaving. I'd have a snack in the car. I'd eat a sensible dinner. Then, when everyone was in bed, laundry done, kitchen clean, pets settled....I'd turn to my favorites and if I had thrown all my favorites out of the house I'd binge on whatever I could find. I quit my job in 2014 to stay home with our son which has been amazing. At home I've learned it wasn't my job alone that stressed me. Now I'm faced with food all day and the 2-4pm period is the danger zone. I agree with Munchy about the 2-2:30 lunch.
Today, I've been binge-free for 14 days. Maybe not a long time but feels like a huge accomplishment. I've been working with a therapist and friends and family to identify my triggers. For me, the answer has been to simply (although not simple) turn off the binge. I used to hate it when someone would tell me that. It sounds so simple and easier said than done. I've not conquered anything at 14 days but I'd love to talk more about this with you all. I'm feeling really great and like a new me. Not many people in my life understand. I've lost 3.5lbs since turning off the binge. There are several things I've changed to make this start working. Man, I really want it to continue. I really really don't want to fall prey to the binge. Maybe we can help each other?
Wannalose78 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-07-2016, 11:00 AM   #6  

When I was younger I suffered from binge eating a lot. It was strongly tied to emotional eating, which wasn't good.

It wasn't until I learned about how to curb my emotional eating, and how to deal with my emotions where I learned what my "binge" times were. My binge times were at night, when I'd stay up and ruminate about things and get stressed.I go to bed a bit earlier now and when I have the urge to binge, I sift through my emotional state.

It's hard to stop binging. It took me years.
arabesque is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-07-2016, 06:11 PM   #7  

Worst time for me is at night just before I go to bed.
I get soooooo hungry every single time I hate it -.-
SadWyndy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-2016, 08:26 AM   #8  

Height: 5'9"

NIGHT!!! And Late Afternoon a close second!! I go into Feast or Famine mode. I have NO problems eating sparingly/moderately in the AM/early PM. After 3 or 4, lock up your pantries!!

Last edited by Inkrid; 04-08-2016 at 08:27 AM.
Inkrid is offline   Reply With Quote