General Diet Plans and Questions General diet questions, support for various diet plans other than those listed below.

Old 03-26-2016, 12:13 PM   #1  

S/C/G: 197.5/197.5/140

Height: 5'2"

Default Lost, unsure, and questions

Happy Saturday everyone!

I'm sure there may be other conversations started on here that could answer/help me -please direct if appropriate.

I've tried 21 day fix, WW, and calorie counting. Years ago, old plan WW , I did great. Now it seems nothing will work. I have lost/gained the same 5-10 pounds.

I've thought about Ideal Protein, as my PCP is at a loss I eat healthy, make most foods from scratch, and eat tons of fresh veg. I'm concerned about cost, but nervous to just do alternative products (and not be successful).

I just am making a cry for help. I'm a mom of 2 boys, need to loose at least 40 (60 to get to healthy recc. Weight) and just don't know how to start or what plan to use.

Thank you for your insights!!
Bubsalub is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-26-2016, 04:29 PM   #2  

I'd say the best place to start is by gathering some data.

Keep a food log for a week - write down EVERYTHING you eat/drink including snacks/tidbits/food from your kids' plates, and if possible weigh it first (volume measurements are pretty inaccurate). That will give you a good idea of your average consumption.

From there, it may become obvious what changes you can makes. If it all looks good, then you may want to I start experimenting with different macronutrient ratios (eg. More protein, less fat + carbs, etc.) and making small changes (drinking more water, cutting out some treats, etc.)

Let us know how it goes, and welcome to the forums! 😊
Defining is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-26-2016, 05:30 PM   #3  

Yes, I've done calorie counting before. I've kept to and have lost/gained the same 7/10 pounds. I know I could definitLy increase protein. I eat a small breakfast (weight control oatmeal), salad (with low calorie or oil/vin), and dinner is usually lower carbs or a small portion.

I've tried, feel like I have, everything. It just is not coming off...or it is, but I gain it right back. I'm a healthy eater so this is SUPER frustrating. My doctor has done blood work everuthing is normal but she refered me to an endocrinologist (which I've called for an apt.) She also brought up the Ideal Protein.

I likeep cooking my own food and like making recipes healthy so I is a little scary. ...but I need to do something.
Old 03-26-2016, 05:33 PM   #4  

I LOVE weightwatchers. Did it back in 2009/10...have tried it since but end up with so many points left because I eat mostly healthy.
Old 03-27-2016, 08:57 AM   #5  

Yes, it's Easter morning. ..there is candy everywhere. Not eating it.

My prior success on WW I think had to do with going to meetings. It kept me accountable. I've tried it SEVERAL times both with meeting at my work and just online. I'd loose 2 them gain it back....all while staying on plan.

I worked with a nutritionist last summer doing FODmap to see if I had any food sensativities. I gained 25 pounds ....ugh. like I mentioned, I've stuck to a calorie counting diet and would gain/loose....it's so frustrating to work so hard at something and see NO results.

I'm almost desperate for something strict but have BIG concerns about how that would fit in with my family (two young boys. The hubs is up for whatever). I'm also VERY concerned about what happens AFTER I'd go off it.

Could I do WW but somehow adapt the Atkins/IP concept? Would it be better to just do IP to get the wrought off and then apply their maitnance????

Any help is appreciated.