Closed Thread

Old 08-21-2003, 09:42 AM   #1  
Miss. Brat

S/C/G: 262/262/140

Height: 5'3"

Default Thursday almost TGIF!

OK I was last to post and now I am the first? I think I am going back to bed!
Daphne
Old 08-21-2003, 10:22 AM   #2  
KO
In Pursuit of Divatude!

Hey Ladies
Still waiting to see if she liked our offer grrr she wasnt to positive on the phone to DF
gotta clean today b/c the cable guy comes tommorrow bbiab
Old 08-21-2003, 11:13 AM   #3  
Divine Gal

Good Morning ; hope everyone has an excellent day. I will try too.

*hugs*
Lynnie
Old 08-21-2003, 11:30 AM   #4  
One Sick Puppy

Height: 5'6"

Just popping in to say hello. Jen-L, welcome back!! I'm so glad to see that your kids are both doing so well and I definitely want to see pictures!! I must have missed when you posted pictures before.

OK, I gotta work, but did at least want to say welcome back to Jen.
Old 08-21-2003, 11:30 AM   #5  
A Yankee in Virginia

Daphne: You crack me up. "I was so happy I could pee." Made me smile on what so far has been an yucky day. People in my office make b*tching an art form around here, and it's in full form today. I already want the day to be over and it's not even noon. I'm also thinking about using my WI pass at my WW meeting tonight. I haven't done well at all this week, and I think I'm up a few pounds. (HOW can that happen in a few days???) My stomach has also been hurting. Unfortunately, that doesn't stop me from eating.

Good luck today, Lynnie! Sounds like we all need a little kick in the rump. I know I do.
Old 08-21-2003, 12:46 PM   #6  
Proud Canadian

Wow, slow day today. I had last night off from 2nd job and got rid of the whiney cat that's been keeping me awake. So it was nice to sleep all night and it's nice to have open windows again. I've decided to find a meeting and get back into it for September, I thought I'd be better over the summer but I totally sucked and didn't get anywhere near my pants. it's so hard when I have no time to plan and cook. I tried the low carb thing and it just made it worse so, back to the old tried and true. I hope everyone has a great day! I'll check in later to see if more people have shown up!
KT
Old 08-21-2003, 12:54 PM   #7  
Shopper Extraordinaire

Wow, it is an epidemic. Crappy day for me too. My job is sucking even more. WE just re-negotiated our contract and their proposal SUCKED and yet it got voted in. Huh??? I don't get it. Needless to say that along with my killer sinus headache has made me an emotional wreck SO dh said to meet him and we would go out to lunch HOWEVER instead of being sympathetic he actually said "you can't feel sorry for yourself, blah blah blah!" He of course apologized and realized he was being an insensitive
#%$&* But damage was done and now I want to curl up and go to bed. I was going to skip dinner with my girlfriend and ladies fellowship at church but I decided if I truly wallowed all night under my covers I would probably just add to my depressed state. So that is my day. I hope I didn't depress anyone it is just that venting here has become somewhat therapeutic at this point.

Kim hope your day gets better. I feel your pain!

Kieri~Good luck on the offer!!

KT~ Good decision.

Daphne, Lynnie Jess HI!
Old 08-21-2003, 01:12 PM   #8  
Miss. Brat

S/C/G: 262/262/140

Height: 5'3"

OK we need our Question of the day still I see. So wht was the last thing that you bought that was a splurge?

I spent money last night on the WW digital scales along with the last 2 issues of WW magazine.
I also bought candles from the candle party.
Might not be exciting to anyone but me but it was with my meeting an almost 70 dollar day!
Daphne
Old 08-21-2003, 02:07 PM   #9  
Proud Canadian

I have the best ever slurge - for my birthday, I bought myself a Kitchen Aid mixer. It's very nice, I like it a lot but haven't been home enough to use it.
KT
Old 08-21-2003, 02:08 PM   #10  
A Yankee in Virginia

Becky: Hee. Men being insensitive. The other day I was whining to DH about how I'm not enjoying being a reporter any more and I feel so unmotivated and his advice to me? Just do it, Kim! Yeah, if that were so easy ... Actually, I've been a busy bee at work this week, which is good, because there's a big meeting this afternoon to talk about byline counts. This actually terrifies me, because I'm a general assignment reporter, which means I don't have a daily reporting beat, like schools or police, etc., and I don't write as many stories. This is my fifth newspaper and I've never had a byline requirement before. Had I known all this, I probably wouldn't have taken this job. Add to that the fact that a massive newsroom reorganization about to happen might mean I end up in a different position.

I had been doing OK with work the past couple of weeks ... but now I'm a little stressball.

Daphne: Was it PartyLite? That stuff is so expensive and I confess, I like Yankee Candle better. But my co-workers have been going nuts with the candle parties lately and I've gotten a few things over the past few months.

But my splurge: This isn't a huge expense, but I rarely will go clothes shopping just for the sake of shopping. Usually I'll see something in Target and pick up something for myself (I haven't liked to shop since I've been heavy.) Anyway, I went into a dept. store two weeks ago to buy some Clinique stuff, and decided I wanted a pair of shoes. So I went and found some. It was fun ... and I also got them on sale for $22!

KT: I have no tolerance for low carbs. Gosh, I love carbs! And that's part of my problem ...
Old 08-21-2003, 02:45 PM   #11  
Eve's Mom

Exclamation NEW WW PROGRAM NEXT WEEK

I went to buy a journal at WW today adn they said they aren't making them anymore. They said next week is a new program! Has anyone heard of this yet? Or perhaps I missed a previous discussion?

They said it'd still be points but with big changes....hmmmm....now I really want to know. I hope it isn't too much change...!!!

B
Old 08-21-2003, 02:54 PM   #12  
Shopper Extraordinaire

Splurge hmmmm....mine is a little embarrassing. DH had an old gameboy that he got out and he had Tetris. I became a little bit addicted but the old gameboy was on it's last legs so it was difficult to see. WELL last wknd during the black out he bought me a Gameboy Advance SP which has color and a light so you can play it anywhere I know it is dorky but that would be my splurge. It was $100.

Kim thanks for the reminder that it is not just MY husband. I don't do well with the whole "suck it up" pep talk. He feels horrible about it now though. HE SHOULD
Old 08-21-2003, 03:03 PM   #13  

Hey everyone,

I'm trying to catch up on the threads, but sorry to not address everyone individually. Ditto on the crappiniess, although it looks beautiful outside (sometimes I can walk past an office with on open door to get a glimpse of the outside world). My housing situation is still the same, nothing is on the market!! I got approved for a HUGE loan, like 5 times my salary, which is ridiculous. Just to give you an idea of the market in DC, a 750sq ft condo in the building next door to me went for $212,000. ONE BEDROOM!! So that's what I'm looking at ladies....it sucks. Anyway, I am now living hobo-style, as I like to call it. I brought a can of baked beans in to work for lunch, and I spent the other night skipping happy hour to roll up some pennies for extra spending money. Gotta love it. My job is totally pissing me off, and all I've been doing is stuffing my fave with the free chocolate that this lady keeps in her office here at work.

Anyway, to chime in from yesterday's convo, Laura, I also think you should keep things separate. My friend just went through all this crap of putting her BF on her cell phone plan, buying him all sorts of crap, lending him $$....and they broke up and now she's screwed. Her reasoning was that she figured they'd be together forever and it would eventually become "their" money. Not saying your man would be as scummy, but if the accounts are just to split bills and purchases then why not just split them from individual accounts, like roommates do. My real opinion on it is that the man should pay for everything, and your money should be all for you A girl can hope, right?

Splurges are all relative I think, and I do love to shop and life here is just expensive in general ($80 for haircuts).....but my biggest unpractical splurge was buying a $180 pair of Gucci sunglasses this past winter. To put it in persepctive I spent only $20 more on my (new) couch at Ikea. Yes, my priorities are messed up, what can I say.

Oh, and I've heard the scoop on WW....not that I even do it, but from what I've heard, everyone will get a set # of points per day - say 24. On top of that you'll have a bank of points, say 35, to use throughout the week. Instead of adding up points it will be more like subtracting, and there wouldn't be extra banking. I think activity points are also out the window. This is just what I hear though.....
Old 08-21-2003, 03:08 PM   #14  
One Sick Puppy

Height: 5'6"

Yep, they're coming out with a new WW program. I've heard similar to what Lexxy said. I'm hoping that with the new program comes free registration-that's more money I can spend going to meetings.
Old 08-21-2003, 03:20 PM   #15  
Eve's Mom

Wow thanks for the info - I had no idea - hadnt heard anything in Canada here (well not me anyway). That sounds hard...but then again, I thought points would be hard, so who knows.

OK Lexxy - that is ridiculous. we paid $135000 Cdn for our 900 sq ft 2 bedroom condo! Yikes girl!
Closed Thread