Old 03-19-2016, 09:36 PM   #1  

S/C/G: 205/183/145

Height: 5'3"

Smile New to this site

Hello! I am new to this site. An online friend told me about it, and said she gets a lot of support here.
I joined WW in January of this year. Need to get healthier, and feel better about myself.
Would love to get to know some new friends.
CarolinaWhitney is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-19-2016, 09:54 PM   #2  
Susan

S/C/G: 200/170/130

Height: 5' 5"

Hi Carolina! I see you've lost 22 lbs. since January...good job! I think you'll find this to be a very supportive site.

Tuscany is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-20-2016, 02:55 AM   #3  
Fishing for a plan!

S/C/G: 225/225/155

Height: 5'8"

Hello Carolina, and Welcome!

Congratulations on your fantastic weight loss since January! I just joined 3fc in January and have found people to be very supportive and friendly. I had read about changes in weight watchers, that there are no longer points or something? Anyway, whatever it is, it seems to be working for you.

God bless you,

April
LurchMomma is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-03-2016, 01:04 PM   #4  

Whitney from Through the Hedge, is that you?
This is the best place!
Annie from Texas

PS Be sure to visit the Chicks Up For A Challenge forum, especially the monthly challenges hosted by GardenerJoy.

Last edited by Tabbycat; 04-03-2016 at 01:07 PM.
Tabbycat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-17-2016, 08:06 PM   #5  

S/C/G: 255/255/200

Height: 5' 6.5"

I clicked on this post because I am new too, I just joined today and am trying to figure it all out. I am 61, live in a rural area in Virginia and work full time at a very stressful job. I am a stress eater and I seem to be hungry all the time. I need to find diet buddies I can share with. I love MommaLurch's quote: "Get busy living, or get busy dying." - Stephen King (Andy Dufresne - "Shawshank"). I've lost 35 pounds this winter, and managed to maintain the weight loss until we went on vacation a couple weeks ago, I gained five pounds that feels like fifty....and can't seem to start losing again....
Kathy54 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-01-2016, 03:48 PM   #6  

Question

Hi, I'm new here, too, and also looking for support and feedback from others' experiences. I'm using WW and having a hard time with points plus. How are others managing? I find I'm hungry a lot, too.

Stress has gone way up at work and this last week I've been eating and don't want to continue this way and gain back the 25 I've lost. I have more to go! How are others managing?

Thanks,

Ashli
Ashli is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-01-2016, 07:44 PM   #7  
Let's get started ....

S/C/G: 197/.../165

Height: 5'10"

Ashli,
I went through a rough patch during April. I was hungry, I started eating more and the more I ate; the hungrier I got in the end. I stopped because I did not want to undo the loss of 15 lbs. It was soooo difficult to leave the fresh baked bread alone and not cut a second or third slice.
It was all related to my stress level at work, I found a way to de-stress through swimming after work. I pack my swim stuff and go to the pool straight after work. The stress is still there but I seem not be effected by it as much. And I am not hungry anymore.
chocolate cheesecake is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-02-2016, 06:11 AM   #8  

S/C/G: 205/183/145

Height: 5'3"

I understand just how you all feel! I am also a stress eater, and yesterday was very stressful. Pastor of our church suddenly resigned! I did well at lunch, but I ate a bunch of little snacks, and a piece of cold pizza.
So, today I start again. We all handle stress differently, but remember, every day is a new chance to be healthier.
i am now done 28 1/2 pounds. Still have a ways to go, but we CAN do this!!
As for the hunger on any weight loss program (not just WW)- I eat lots of veggies and clementines, and make sure I get protein in the morning. It helps.
CarolinaWhitney is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-03-2016, 05:38 PM   #9  

Hi, everyone, and thanks so much for your kind replies. I'm hoping that it helps to talk about it. I used to do that on the WW site but they changed it so much that it's not useful anymore. Anyway, I did think of you all last night (late night is was most often gets me).

Ashli
Ashli is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-05-2016, 05:18 AM   #10  

Height: 5'8.5"

Hello to all three of you newbies and

I am an old timer but have not been in the forum for ages so just getting back in and finding places to become involved. I look forward to "seeing" you around the forum.

Misti in Seattle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-05-2016, 09:06 AM   #11  

S/C/G: 217/179/142

Height: 5'2

Hi Misti! I used to see your posts all the time and wondered where you'd gone. Good to see you back!
Wannabehealthy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-05-2016, 10:34 AM   #12  

Height: 5'8.5"

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wannabehealthy View Post
Hi Misti! I used to see your posts all the time and wondered where you'd gone. Good to see you back!
Hi Carol Sue

Good to see you! I kept thinking there must be others here from "way back when" -- I see Diana is still here too.

I am trying to figure out what threads are best for me now and looking forward to jumping back into things. The good news is I weigh four pounds more than I did three years ago (!!!) (after having just recently lost 13 pounds though) so I am still down 77 pounds. First time I have ever been able to maintain, due to a complete change in eating habits and exercise.

I look forward to seeing more of your posts.

Misti in Seattle is offline   Reply With Quote