South Beach Diet Fat Chicks on the Beach!

Closed Thread

Old 03-17-2016, 06:10 AM   #1  
Come on Spring!

S/C/G: 232/170/150

Height: 5'0" on a tall day

Default Top o' the Mornin' to yez

an' the rest o' the day to yerself!

Time to throw the corned beef into the crock pot and start the St Patrick's Day celebrations. The green beer will be flowing in the pubs today. My Dad used to put green food colouring in the toilet tanks before bed on the Eve for a morning surprise and mother always made green cream of wheat porridge for breakfast on this day.

A busy morning ahead as my two furries go to the doggie spa for spring clean-up at ten and I have a command performance at my doctor's office right after that. I expect a stern lecture about not taking my meds and looking after myself and he is absolutely right. Time to examine my priorities and make some changes.

But right now I need another coffee - no Baileys in the house which is a good thing.

So happy feast of St Patrick to yez all! And tread on the tail o' me coat!
Old 03-17-2016, 06:50 AM   #2  
GlenwoodHotSprings

S/C/G: 275/179/179

Height: 5'5"

Lol Ruth! You are so cute! A definite Irish smile on my face even before coffee!

I'm having a difficult time getting back into the swing of things Food included. Think I'll go to the pool and head back over the hill today. It's easier to get my food act back together over there.

Have a great Thursday everyone!
Old 03-17-2016, 07:07 AM   #3  
Working on healthy

Height: 5'5.5

Good morning Just a quick fly by this morning. The car is off to get an oil change and tires switched. Of course, it's now supposed to snow Monday Oh well, I'm sick of hearing the studs this year. I'll try to stop back in tonight.
Old 03-17-2016, 07:11 AM   #4  

S/C/G: 144/131/128

Height: 5' 4"

I had no idea why you picked today's title, until I opened the thread. Too bad I'm not Irish with all the red hair in my family, right? Ruth, you have some great memories from your childhood!

Debbie - hope things are okay and you can get back on track soon. Enjoy your trip to the pool and I hope it resets you

I *still* haven't made it to wegman's, but I'm thinking I will tomorrow after meeting a friend tomorrow. Today is recup from yesterday. I did finally get to go see a recliner that was on Craigslist. I sweet older man was selling an electric recliner, which means it's a lift chair too, but who knows if that will come in handy too. It turned out to be a lazy boy with only a few smudges on it, AND....OMG....heated seat and back!! I am in absolute bliss! He was asking $250 for it, I didn't even try to talk him down in price, because it was a good deal to begin with. I am sitted up on my throne now!

No corned beef and cabbage tonight, we really....just don't care for it. I think we'll be having some chicken concoction, the kids all enjoy it and it's cheap, easy, and mostly healthy .

Enjoy your green filled day!
Old 03-17-2016, 08:00 AM   #5  

S/C/G: 162/145/145

Height: 5' 9 3/4

Everyone is Irish on St. Patrick's Day. Oh how I wish he was around to chase the drunks away, they are very similar to snakes. This is an all hands on deck day for us. We always got hammered north of the city with fights and nasty drunks. Hopefully we will fair better in the city, but I doubt it. No corned beef and cabbage here. I despise it lol. No Irish Soda bread either. Apparently I cannot control myself and ate two loaves in less than two weeks. I'll wear my claddagh ring today since I won't be wearing "the green."

Ruth your post made me smile. Please listen to the doctor. You are too important to us to not make yourself priority number one.

Debbie I have a hard time adjusting after being away. Can't wait to see some pictures. Enjoy the pool today.

Tammy so happy you found a recliner!!! Sounds absolutely heavenly. Hopefully you will never need to lift feature unless you are felling super lazy, which is ok. Wegman's would be an outing for me. I loved the one we went to in PA. Maybe it's for the best I don't have one here as I woukd be a daily fixture.

Seems like Ground Hog's Day (the movie) here. Same old routine day after day. Hope everyone has the luck of the Irish today!
Old 03-17-2016, 11:11 AM   #6  

Height: 5' 7"

Good morning,

I had an early meeting so did not have time to come and post here as I needed to drive lol. I made sure DD2 had something green to wear to school today. My green is my jacket and purse, more teal but hey close enough.

Nothing on the agenda this evening other than researching hotels for the second part of our trip in June. I already booked conference hotel but need to book a different one for the reminder as that one is too expensive to continue staying at after conference plus I need to use a different credit card for the second part.

Ruth thanks for starting us loved it!!! You have great memories. Please follow the doctor's orders and take care of yourself. First you have to take care of yourself and then everyone else.

Debbie I am sure you will get right back on track with your food. Enjoy the pool

Cyndi hopefully the snow you will get will just be mild and no need for snow tires

Tywnn that was a score, enjoy it!!! I don't like corned beef either

Jekel maybe this year will be different and there will not be so many drunks.

Have a great day everyone!
Old 03-17-2016, 05:57 PM   #7  

Height: 5' 5"

Happy St Paddy's Day!

Jennifer,
I'm with you on Ground Hog's Day: funny how almost every day I have to get up and go to work.But after a couple of groggy/sleepy days I feel like I have adjusted to the time change and was able to be really productive today. I like that feeling. And tomorrow is Friday.

Tammy, the recliner sounds awesome. I could use heat and massage myself!

Cyndi, I'm ignoring the chance of s**#% in the forecast. I'm going with spring instead. I have some daffodils that are bravely poking up their heads.

Debbie
, hope things are going well and you are getting back in the groove. Glad you enjoyed your trip.

Ruth, hope you listened to your doctor's advice.

Pearlrose
, it's fun to look forward to a vacation. Where are you going?

Tonight is our anniversary so we are going out. I cannot guarantee I will behave but will try not to go too crazy!!
Closed Thread