South Beach Diet Fat Chicks on the Beach!

Closed Thread

Old 02-25-2016, 04:30 AM   #1  
GlenwoodHotSprings

S/C/G: 275/179/179

Height: 5'5"

Default Thankful Thursday, SBD Chat Feb 25

Good morning!

I'm thankful for you all, thankful to have lost weight and gotten healthier, and that I've found a lifestyle to sustain my losses. I like my life today.

So Kirk left about 15 minutes ago and I'm jokingly calling us officially separated. LOL i'm not going to mess with the road closures and I doubt that he will return until things are back to normal. According to our department of transportation that might be a while. One day at a time.

I didn't do much yesterday but today's a new day. I was being a little hard on myself but I am remembering I have a pretty serious cold, still. Taking it easy is OK. I don't plan on going anywhere today except for to the store for bananas. I think I will alternate between getting some small paperwork projects done and napping. It's cold in winter he out and I don't have much I have to do.

Pearlrose, glad your conference went well and I hope the flights are OK.

What's on your agenda today? Stop and say hi.

Have a great Thursday!
Old 02-25-2016, 06:17 AM   #2  
Come on Spring!

S/C/G: 232/170/150

Height: 5'0" on a tall day

Good morning, Debbie and Snoozers to follow. I've been awake since 3:30 although the Jazz alarm didn't go off until 5.

This morning I am very thankful that the weather forecast was wrong and we have plain old rain instead of the freezing rain and snow predicted. I have to meet my bookkeeper at 8 in Athens (the next town) to pick up some forms she has prepped for the summer students - T4s are record of earnings and employees must have them by the last day of February. If I get them signed and mailed out today, we're good. Madeleine and I will have breakfast together which will be a nice start to the day.

Lisa will be dropping in later with AngusDog's food, toys, treats, bed and pillows which will be exciting for my two except their Cousin Dog won't be here until tomorrow when the humans drive to Albany to catch their plane. Angus gets along really well with my two and is madly in live with wee Millie. He's 48 pounds to her 12 but she usually wins the play fights. Jazz just ignores them and sleeps.

After school today, Mackenna, Joanne's daughter, is interviewing me about the Mill as a school project, and there will be the usual drop-ins.

(People ask me if I get lonely living by myself. Ha! I am thankful to have a busy life but sure would like a day or two with nothing happening. I hear my Mother saying "Be careful what you wish for, Ruthie!")

Happy Thankful Thursday, whatever it brings.
Old 02-25-2016, 07:10 AM   #3  

Height: 5' 5"

Good morning, chicks. Ruth, we still have the freezing rain here.....and we're on another delay. They did close school yesterday and I'm waiting to see what happens next this morning. The predicted midday warm-up never happened; our thermometer hovered at 31.8* all day yesterday and supposedly there is colder air coming.

Debbie, I went back to read the old posts about the road issues; what an inconvenience! Sounds like you have a plan to deal with it. And I hope your cold gets better soon. I recently had one that took 2 weeks to move on. Have a good day.

Ruth, drive safely and enjoy your day.

I'm going to sip some coffee while I wait to see what happens with my day. Seems to me I was just gloating over our unused snow days and now they're disappearing!
Old 02-25-2016, 07:15 AM   #4  
Working on healthy

Height: 5'5.5

Good morning It's a fly-by morning. We had a rough night between sick kitty clean-up, thunderstorms, dog up and down, and the rising river no one slept much. Back to school today after a snow day yesterday. Should be fun
Old 02-25-2016, 08:24 AM   #5  

S/C/G: 162/145/145

Height: 5' 9 3/4

Good morning I am thankful we did not lose power last night nor did any Windows shatter. We had winds over 60mph last night. Reminded me of the Wizard of Oz. Things were flying by my windows. I do need to fix my garage overhead light before work. It actually spun around and the top came off. I didn't sleep well yet again last night. But today we are quite mild which is a nice change.

Pearlrose have a safe flight home.

Beth be careful if you have to drive. Maybe they will cancel school again today.

Debbie glad you are listening to your body, be good to yourself. You deserve it! Hope your cold passes quickly.

Ruth I think it is nice you have so many visitors. Although I'm sure you appreciate your quite time which is rare lol.

Cyndi hope the kittie feels better. How close are you to the river?

I did manage to get a couple of things off my to do list yesterday. I replaced an outlet in my new workout room. Spruced up the other outlets with new covers. I should change the remaining outlets to match, but was losing daylight. Very proud I replaced the GFIs in both bathrooms. Apparently they can go bad. I always get nervous when working with electricity. Dropped my bike off for a tube up. Picked up DS so he could borrow my car for a few days. He hit a deer Friday night and his car is out of commission until he makes some repairs. He has to replace the headlight assembly, grill, bumper and the turn signals. He ordered his parts from an online junkyard which saved him big bucks! Nothing going on here just taking it easy before work.

Hope everyone has a great day.

Last edited by jekel383; 02-25-2016 at 08:24 AM.
Old 02-25-2016, 07:52 PM   #6  

S/C/G: 144/131/128

Height: 5' 4"

I'm tired reading your post, Jennifer.
Closed Thread