South Beach Diet Fat Chicks on the Beach!

Old 02-18-2016, 05:29 PM   #1  

S/C/G: 226/226/155

Height: 5'3"

Default Returned to SB, feeling strong, need encouragement

Well back to basics again. 3rd day on phase 1. I am excited to be back on this website and hope to get encouragement. Would love to hear any favorite recipes!PLEASE
Lotsahope is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-19-2016, 01:28 PM   #2  

S/C/G: 162/145/145

Height: 5' 9 3/4

Welcome!!! There are so many great and easy recipes here. One of my favorites is Creamy Mexican Casserole. I also like Kayln's Kitchen and Elana's Pantry for recipe ideas. I'm big on crockpot meals to help stay on point with my food choices. Checking in often helps me stay on track.
jekel383 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-20-2016, 08:16 AM   #3  

S/C/G: 144/131/128

Height: 5' 4"

I second Mexican casserole, it's in the Phase II, but you can make it without corn for phase I. Kalyn's kitchen is my favorite as well!

For breakfast, I would always make an egg casserole (my favorite was off budget bytes - a spinach and feta one), and then heat up a portion every day in the toaster oven. Favorite snacks were veggies and hummus and string cheese. I often made a batch of soup in the winter on the weekends (LOTS of good options there!) to eat during the week. Evenings...chili, Mexican crock pot, taco bake (this one's famous), Kalyn has a chicken chile layer casserole, and so many other good ones. Check in daily (we used to have an "on plan daily thread", it kind of disappeared), but even touching base with other SBDer's really helps!

Good luck!
TwynnB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-20-2016, 09:44 AM   #4  

Thanks for your response. I am learning my way around the site again so not really sure how to find Kayln's Kitchen. I have had a good week and glad to have my eating under control again. Looks like you have had some great success. Thanks again.
Old 02-20-2016, 09:46 AM   #5  

Thank you for your ideas. I will check out the recipes and start cooking!
Old 02-20-2016, 05:49 PM   #6  

Height: 5' 5"

Welcome back, Lotsahope!

Did you find the links to the other sites Tammy and Jennifer mentioned? Here they are:

http://www.kalynskitchen.com/

https://elanaspantry.com/

Again, check out the sticky section, especially the FAQs. You may find some of the answers you are looking for, but feel free to ask if you don't.
Beth19 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-21-2016, 09:47 AM   #7  

Lotsahope, I just did my weekend breakfast baking spree. Personally, I still make the mini spinach quiches from Dr. A's book, the egg muffins from kalyn's, and the PB ricotta muffins from the Phase 1 recipe section weekly. I find on work days I want a no-brainer breakfast ready. Kalyn's recipe is great because it is easy to make as many or as few as you want. I also have a Phase 2 muffin recipe from a low-carb cookbook which uses pumpkin and cranberries.

I've found all of these freeze well.
Old 02-21-2016, 10:52 AM   #8  

Again THANKS. Sometimes it is easy to feel isolated when you are dieting. I did find the websites they are great. I love to cook so finding some intresting recipes will help me stay on SB. I have already tried one!
Old 02-22-2016, 07:00 AM   #9  

S/C/G: 144/131/128

Height: 5' 4"

Ohhh, I forgot about PB muffins, I think the one I used is on this site. Kind of an odd taste (and I did add a handful of choco chips to mine), but very filling and easy to grab and go.

I think the hardest thing of SBD, and any kind of healthy eating, is that it takes a lot of prep. So, we had it down to an art of how to make it easier! Who wants to make salad every morning before work to bring for lunch?! (or buy one, that's expensive!)

Make sure you join us on the daily thread. You are welcome to post your menu there and ask questions. Like I mentioned previously, we used to have a separate thread for that, but it's been kind of quiet lately (I bet WW is the rage with Oprah lately...). People would post their menu, then have it critiqued (not enough dairy or beans, too much fattening stuff, blah blah blah) or get other ideas.

Glad you are joining us!
TwynnB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-22-2016, 05:00 PM   #10  

Tammy, is this the muffin recipe you were thinking of? It is my DH's favorite.

http://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/brea...s-ricotta.html
Old 02-26-2016, 08:39 PM   #11  

The muffins sound great, I think that i will try them this weekend. Thanks. Ill check out the daily thread.