South Beach Diet Fat Chicks on the Beach!

Old 02-16-2016, 01:21 AM   #1  

Default Not a veggie fan any ideas? 😞

This is really hard for me because I have tried and tried to like vegetables. Of course the ones I do like contain the most carbs, naturally. I'm now five days in the phase 1 and have lost 2 pounds. I feel like I need to be eating more veggies, having read the book, but I just can't figure out what to eat. It's super frustrating.

I was excited to try the cauliflower mash that everyone raves about, but then couldn't get over the taste of the cauliflower itself and I used lots of spices in it. I keep trying to find something I can use to dip for yogurt, but don't like celery or peapods.

I'm just sad because I know veggies are the backbone of healthy eating and dieting. I have learned how to eat some basic salads, however I always like the salad dressings little too much 😉

Is there anyone else out there that is not a veggie fan? Do you have any tips about how you can do this diet, or how you got yourself to like some of the veggies?

Thanks so much
mexigrl64 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-16-2016, 08:14 AM   #2  

S/C/G: 162/145/145

Height: 5' 9 3/4

I wasn't a veggie fan either. I add lots to chili and soup recipes. This way they take on the taste of what they are being cooked in. I love red pepper strips with hummus. For me, I had to experiment with veggies and try new ones that I never tried before. I still can't seem to enjoy tomatoes, yet I'll used diced ones in just about any recipe. I love mashed cauliflower and use it when I make shepards pie. Mushrooms however can't stand no matter what I do to them lol
jekel383 is offline   Reply With Quote