Old 02-14-2016, 01:22 PM   #1  

S/C/G: 73kg/60kg

Height: 166cm

Default Introduction

Hi everyone, I'm new here!

I have been trying to lose weight, rather half heartedly, for a while- or maybe just permanently (I'm not sure!). We recently moved to a small town and are living on a smallholding where I actually do some physical work but I still managed to pick up a couple of kilos (maybe around 6 pounds?)

I reached my point today when my mom asked why I don't wear control top underwear all the time. Not too sure she meant well but it feels like the last shove I needed.

I am hoping that with some support from this group I might reach my goal weight and maintain!

I am hypothyroid and extremely addicted to sugar. I'm thinking about cutting the sugar (especially processed) cold turkey, anyone had thoughts on this?

Hoping to see you all around! ❤️
Nixie06 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-14-2016, 06:45 PM   #2  
Which round am I at now?

S/C/G: 158/see ticker/140

Height: 5' 5-3/4"

Welcome Nixie!

I think cold-turkey is tough and not sustainable long term - that's how it is for me, anyway. I have "rules" - black coffee, no sweet drinks, no "cheap sweets" - only excellent quality desserts on occassion and totally guilt-free, and all the dark chocolate I want. It keeps my weight down and is a habit now, no effort, and I crave less and rarely have binge problems. I would recommend cutting out one thing at a time so that you can have "replacement" habits or treats to implement
souvenirdarling is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-15-2016, 10:09 AM   #3  

Hi Nixie06!

I am new too, and similarly got comfortable with my weight and eating and was horrified when I finally weighed myself to see numbers on the scale that I had never seen before! A few pounds crept on after I traveled for three months for work and gave myself liberty to eat as I pleased, but the real kicker came after a 6-week course of steroids. WOW. The weight seemed to tack on overnight!

I started counting calories and consistently exercising about 10 days ago, but my period totally derailed me a few days ago. Now I feel as I am starting again for the second time.

I joined this forum for support and hope that you find it to be supportive as well. I wish you the best and hope you see results soon!
charmmy is offline   Reply With Quote