South Beach Diet Fat Chicks on the Beach!

Closed Thread

Old 02-08-2016, 06:24 AM   #1  
GlenwoodHotSprings

S/C/G: 275/179/179

Height: 5'5"

Default Monday, February 8 Beach Chatting

Good morning!

I'm tired but not too grumpy this morning. Coffee is ready but I haven't poured any yet. I'm heading that way.

Work this morning and I'm sure it will be an all-around chatty day. My boss sent me a message last night asking me to wear Broncos gear to work. I wrote back and said I don't have any "gear". Perhaps the only person in Colorado LOL i'm over the game. It's just a game and I am more excited about my coffee maker returning by UPS today. It's been a long three weeks. I still don't know if they repaired my original or just replaced it. I hope they replaced it it will be a surprise, anyway.

Upstairs before I leave for 15 minutes of tax work. I'm determined to get that off my plate ASAP.

After work I take Bing to see his cardiologist. Ouch. It's going to be a long day.

Have a great day everyone!

Last edited by Lexxiss; 02-08-2016 at 06:30 AM.
Old 02-08-2016, 06:56 AM   #2  

S/C/G: 144/131/128

Height: 5' 4"

Good morning Debbie! I hope Bing checks out okay. I don't have gear from anyone either (this is Steelers country! DD kept asking last night when the Steelers are coming on, LOL). We were invited to a party last night so we went, but it was for the food and company . I thought it was for the commercials too, but they were horrible! (we did leave at half time)

I should finish up my taxes (pretty good, since I didn't work half the year!) and get some groceries. It's actually kind of bad grocery shopping on Monday, because they're out of half the stuff from the weekend, they still haven't restocked it. You think they'd do that Sunday night, but noooOOOooo!

Hope everyone's Monday is tolerable...
Old 02-08-2016, 07:34 AM   #3  

Height: 5' 5"

Hey there! Quick fly by since it is almost time for work.

I watched about half of the game with DH, but I must say the commercials and half time show were not very good this year. I went to bed before the game was over.

Debbie, the last few years I was really motivated to get my taxes done quickly due to needing to file the fafsa but this year I get to procrastinate. Maybe I will do them when we have the break for President's Day.

Tammy, good luck at the store today. I find it irritating when the store is slow to re-stock.

Got to fly. Have a good Monday, everyone!
Old 02-08-2016, 08:00 AM   #4  
Come on Spring!

S/C/G: 232/170/150

Height: 5'0" on a tall day

Good morning! Still struggling along on Windows 7 but will move to 10 eventually.

Tea at the Chateau was fabulous but dreadfully expensive, With tax and tip it came to just under $100 per person! I think it was worth it since Tayler was just thrilled. She took food pictures which I may or may not pass on.

Today is a recovery day from a very long Sunday. I was up at 4 a.m. and didn't get to bed after 11 p.m. on a day that included four hours of driving. I am not going out for the usual coffee session and have a great excuse to skip a 9:30 meeting in another town since they sent it out as scheduled for Tuesday and just changed day, time and town via email at ten last night!

Time to get it in gear. Angus, our cousin dog, is coming for a sleepover later today in preparation for his longer visit at the end of the month when his family goes on a cruise.

May your Monday be merry and bright.
Old 02-08-2016, 08:17 AM   #5  

S/C/G: 144/131/128

Height: 5' 4"

A HUNDRED BUCKS A PERSON!?!?
Old 02-08-2016, 08:48 AM   #6  

Height: 5' 7"

Good morning,

Today is back to Phase 1 for me, I was not good with food choices all weekend, boo. Bread is my undoing.

Today is wfh, I also have PT and an another adjustment, I must say I am almost 100% better, but will finish out the PT scheduled til next week just to make sure.

Debbie, I have not gear either but my family does lol. Hope Bing doctor appointment goes well

Tywnn glad you got to spend some time with friends, it was just DH and me at home watching.

Beth I always did the Fasa first thing in January because you can estimate income to get it going and in line. For state of IL it was necessary because of a grant that was first come first serve. I am off the hook for a few years since DD2 doesn't start college for 6 years : )

Ruth wow that was some expensive tea. Glad to hear the experience was worth it.

Have a wonderful day everyone!
Old 02-08-2016, 08:59 AM   #7  

S/C/G: 162/145/145

Height: 5' 9 3/4

Ruth those are NYC prices!!! Ouch!!! Glad you enjoyed it though. You certainly had a long day!

Debbie I hope Bing's appointment isn't too costly. I have an accountant do my taxes. We got audited when I was married thanks to my own screw up. I feel better letting someone else do them.

I agree with the commercials. Although I did like the Prius ones. Neither Joe nor I follow football, but we had quite the little spread here. We hung in there all the way to the end. Mainly because I was in a pool at work. I am super excited to report I won the final!!! I've never won anything in a Super Bowl pool. At dinner Joe said he had a feeling, I laughed it off. The night before I went to dinner with my college girlfriends. My BF really lives check to check with nothing extra. Over the years she has backed out at the last minute because she didn't have money to go. These dinners have become my treat to her. I discretely put money in her purse or pocket when no one is looking. Joe said because I always try to pay it forward and be generous good fortune came my way. I won $1500. I plan on splurging on some much needed clothes, a trip to Home Depot to fix up DS's room and maybe something for cycling (a fitness tracker). The rest I will put away just incase I owe Uncle Sam this year.

Well I better get moving. Meeting DS at the dentist. Thankfully I will be paying with my Flexible Spending Account from work.

Have a great day!
Old 02-08-2016, 09:01 AM   #8  

S/C/G: 162/145/145

Height: 5' 9 3/4

Hi Pearlrose you snuck in on me....Glad you are feeling much better! No FASA for me either this year.

Debbie can't wait to find out if they sent you a new Keurig
Closed Thread