Closed Thread

Old 08-18-2003, 10:59 PM   #1  
Inchworm

Default 50 or more week Aug 18

If you have 50 or more pounds to lose, or are losing, this is the group for you! So jump on in and join; you'll be sure to get a warm welcome!
Old 08-18-2003, 11:06 PM   #2  
Inchworm

Jan! The first day has got to be hectic! I'm sure you will get them in shape in no time!

Thanks bluvsu for your good wishes. Yes, I am proud of dgd. she is the last of 3 dgd's that we have raised. So we are especially glad that she is doing so well.

I spent the day at the Long Beach Aquarium of the Pacific with 3 dgk's We all had a great time. (except for all the freeways coming and going!) they were thrilled at petting the sharks and seeing amazing things. My personal favorite is the Seadragon! an awesome little creature . (A frilly seahorse type thing)

Visiting dgd leaves for home tomorrow morning, so must go make sure she is packed!...as wellll as getting my things together for Thursdays departure! WOOHOO! looking forward to a great vacation!!
Old 08-19-2003, 01:03 AM   #3  

JOYce, thanks for starting the new thread. You have been very busy lately, glad that you and the dgk's had such a nice time at the aquarium today. We still have never been, and I do want to go. Probably we'll wait til school's back in, to try to avoid the vacation crowds.

Jan, I know what you mean about living a little more frugally in order to afford high electric bills. It is more important to us to have the a/c on when necessary and skip going out to dinner several times during any given summer month. That's one place we can really cut back, although we don't go out that often. It certainly isn't a "necessity."

Make it a good, OP Tuesday, everyone!
Old 08-19-2003, 09:18 AM   #4  

S/C/G: 220/197/160

Height: 5'-3"

Hi ladies:

Was down 1.2# at my w/i last night which was OK with having alot of social functions lately. Still alittle crazy up here with the power shortage - no a/c at work, limited lights, gas shortages.
But it is getting back to normal. I don't have a/c at home anyway and my house stays pretty cool so that has been fine. Major appliances to be used after 8 PM.

Anyway, hope everyone is doing well & talk to you soon.
Old 08-19-2003, 03:15 PM   #5  

Bandit2, way to go on the 1.2# loss yesterday! You're really doing well. I hadn't realized until just now that you are in Ontario--that's too bad about the power outage/shortages. Hope you are staying cool at work, with no a/c. Hope it is back up and running very soon.
Old 08-19-2003, 03:24 PM   #6  

JOYce, how sweet of you to take your dgk's to the aquarium! Sounds like everyone had lots of fun.

Linda, I agree, a/c is a very high priority! Heat can just sap one's energy so quickly. I wish DH didn't have to be out in it so much, but such is the ranching/farming life.

Bandit, way to go on the 1.2 loss! I was wondering how things were going with the power outage; glad things are starting to get back to normal for you.

It has been a busy start of the week here, of course, with classes beginning. I have a sweet group of kids, and look forward to working with them. Some of the students who took my multimedia class last year signed up for the web class this year, so I guess I didn't scare 'em off too badly! It's good having a few "veterans" around.

DH and I have been doing our walks daily, though today it was on the treadmill; it's already in the high 70s before dawn, and muggy too!

Guess I'd better get back to work; lesson plans to do! Hope everyone's having a great week!

Regards,
Jan
Old 08-19-2003, 11:32 PM   #7  

Jan, I'm glad that you have such a nice bunch of kids -- you say that every single year (your attitude has a *lot* to do with it!). How I would love to meet you! JOYce didn't respond with a "yes" when I asked her if I could ball myself up in a corner of her suitcase, so I guess she just can't spare the room. I have already told her that I want to hear every detail of her visit with you, your dh and dd. Are your WIs on Fridays? I'm pulling for you to be free again.

I have my WI tomorrow, I don't feel as though I have gained anything, I am hoping I lost a bit. I have been eating higher up in my range for the past week, adding extra points by putting walnuts, raisins and black olives into our daily salads. Tonight we had salads with leftover (and heated) bbq beef we'd had a couple of nights ago for dinner. It was *yummy.*

Have a good, OP Wednesday, everyone!
Old 08-20-2003, 09:44 AM   #8  

S/C/G: 220/197/160

Height: 5'-3"

Good luck Linda on your w/i.

Things are fine up here. Warmer than usual in the office, but thats OK - usually too cold with the a/c on anyway.

Did a small load of laundry last night (just the basics).

We are being extra careful with lights, TV, computer etc. turning everything off when not in use (the way it should be all the time)

Sticking to my programme. Hope everyone has a great day.

Bye for now.
Old 08-20-2003, 11:50 AM   #9  
Inchworm

Default Pangs of guilt!

....or Just much thankfulness as I sit at my computer with fan going overhead and laundry going in the garage, reading of your situation, Bandit! My! the things we take for granted!
It sounds like you are handling the situation very well.
I do try to be a bit careful, like turning off lights etc that are not in use. and the 'biggy' for me is turning off the AC before I fire up the kiln at night. I have to really think about how important those items being fired are, before I decide to turn off the cool!!

I must get going, trying to get things in order before I leave tomorrow. and 11 yr old dgd and I are going to go to tea today before her dad picks her up this afternoon.

Old 08-20-2003, 08:48 PM   #10  

Thanks for your good vibes, bandit2 -- I lost 3.6 this past week! I am so happy. About six pounds to go til I am back down to goal.

I've been very careful the past week; journalling faithfully and weighing everything . It surely did make a difference. We've been having so many salads, light meals are so welcome in our hot and muggy weather.
Old 08-21-2003, 08:10 AM   #11  

Hello Everyone:
Just wanted to say hi and wish everyone well. I am now doing the New Flex plan with WW. I officially get my materials on Sunday but from others around the country who have gotten them and shared. I have been trying it out. I LOVE IT!!!

I see a nice loss already this week. I will try and get back here Sunday to tell you the official numbers. But it looks at about 3 or 4 pounds. I am also going to get my 50 pound magnet on Sunday. Never thought it was possible. Summer was slow for me losing. But any loss is better than a gain.

Things are still rough at home. Do not expect to be done with everything till around the 1st of the year. But I am keeping my hopes up and my prayers with God.

Have a great day all

B
Old 08-21-2003, 03:08 PM   #12  

Hello, Bluvsu2, I was smiling as I read of your wonderful loss so far -- how cool to be getting a 50# magnet! (That sounds funny.) That is so much to have lost, I admire you for it. Keep relying on the Lord to get you through your situation at home. My prayers are with you. Looking forward to your next weight loss report.
Old 08-24-2003, 02:57 PM   #13  

Hi everybody! JOYce and I are here in Texas having a great time visiting together, and would have logged in sooner if my Internet provider at home were acting right; I think maybe the recent email virus got to them! So we're both here at school logging in. JOYce came in Thursday afternoon, we spent Friday just relaxing, went out for Mexican food and watched a movie; Saturday at a Women's Health Conference in San Antonio and shopping at the River Center, and today we went out to the ranch. Tomorrow we're heading to Victoria, and the next day back to San Antonio to check out some sights. Wish everyone else could be here too!

Linda, congrats on the 3.6 loss!! That is just wonderful! Joyce passed along your hug to Dad, and he was very happy! Thanks for the good vibes re: the weighin. Ours is usually Saturday, but we did the conference instead yesterday, so next Sat. we'll go and learn about the new Flex plan.

Bandit, glad things are going so well with program! Hope the power situation is resolved soon. Did it affect your email and Internet quite a bit too?

Bluvsu, good to see you! I am picturing you receiving your fifty pound magnet today; be sure to tell us all about it! I hope things improve soon at home; like Linda said, faith will help you get through any crisis.

Hope everyone is having a lovely Sunday!

Regards,
Jan
Old 08-24-2003, 03:09 PM   #14  
Inchworm

Hi Y'all!
Just checking in from Texas!!! The greatest vacation ever!
Experiencing Southern hospitality to the 'UT'most!! and staying OP while doing it!
Jan and dh are gracious hosts, and great cooks, I told him this morning that I expect to turn on t.v. someday and see him as the host of a cooking show.

blu, congrats on your 50 pound magnet!!WOOHOO!! You go girl!!!

I will be going home next week with new inspiration and motivation to STAY OP!! It really works!
Jan and her dh both look just great! and they do not deprive themselves of yummy things.

I'll be talking to y'all later!
Old 08-24-2003, 11:24 PM   #15  

Jan I'm so glad that you and JOYce are having such a good time together, that is wonderful! This is to JOYce also: Thank you so much for passing that hug to Jan's dd; I am so pleased that you really did it. How about starting back up at WW when you get home, hmmmmm...? Looks like Jan and dh are real role models, wish I could be there too, to get further motivation! Have a great visit, you two.
Closed Thread