South Beach Diet Fat Chicks on the Beach!

Closed Thread

Old 01-21-2016, 07:00 AM   #1  

Height: 5' 7"

Default Thankful Thursday chat Jan 21st

Good morning,

I am thankful for no more snow for a bit.

Yesterday drive in was not fun! Next time I will reschedule interviews. At least the drive home was normal as they had time to take care of the roads. Another in office day last of the week. One more interview to go for this position.

I am sure DD2 will have school today, she finds out if she made the team she said there a ton of girls trying so we shall see what happens.

Looks like there is quite the snowstorm headed east

Have a wonderful day everyone!

Last edited by Pearlrose; 01-21-2016 at 07:01 AM.
Old 01-21-2016, 07:09 AM   #2  
Come on Spring!

S/C/G: 232/170/150

Height: 5'0" on a tall day

Default Thankful Thursday - January 21

Good morning. We are very cold (it IS Canada) but sunshine is on our menu for today.

I am thankful to have a day with no meetings or appointments - time to catch my breath and, maybe, do a quick trip to town as I still need a few things including a garbage pail on wheels. (I need that in about ten minutes when I do the trek to the road.) Luckily I checked last night and found that the lid was frozen onto the darn thing so brought it in the house to thaw.

The footcare appointment went OK yesterday although the hammer toes are still giving me grief. The nurse practitioner checked to see if I was on the surgery list and the answer was yes - referred in August 2014! She even checked with the doc's office and he is now booking April 2014 referrals. Of course I'd like it done next week but .... looks like fall!

OK - finish this coffee, lug the trash and then enjoy mug #2. I hope you can join me.
Old 01-21-2016, 07:12 AM   #3  
Come on Spring!

S/C/G: 232/170/150

Height: 5'0" on a tall day

Hi, Rose. I'm thankful you made it to work OK yesterday. I hope your DD2 made the team.
Old 01-21-2016, 10:08 AM   #4  

S/C/G: 162/145/145

Height: 5' 9 3/4

I was up early then went back to bed. I needed it.

Debbie your ride sounded scary in good conditions! Glad your fur baby is doing better.

Pearlrose keeping my fingers crossed for DD.

Ruth I can't believe you have to wait so long for surgery! Is there a shortage of podiatrists or an epidemic of hammer toes???

As for me, I am thankful my life is good. I'm really thankful I made my breakfast and coffee quickly. The utility company is working on the electric. We lost power the other day while I was at work. Hopefully they won't have to turn off the power again. Keeping my fingers crossed I don't have to take a cold shower today lol
Old 01-21-2016, 01:57 PM   #5  
GlenwoodHotSprings

S/C/G: 275/179/179

Height: 5'5"

Hello!

I was in charge of getting mom to the pool this morning now I plan to nap before heading to her dr appt, that is unless my sis takes her. I will set the alarm then see what happens! It's beautiful sunny here although cold.
Old 01-21-2016, 05:01 PM   #6  

Height: 5' 5"

Good afternoon! I am thankful on this Thursday for so many things: DH who retired last June but still gets up to make me coffee and start my car. The sunshine today; the cold is easier for me to take when it is sunny. The fact that the blizzard is supposed to miss us this weekend (sorry Tammy ) Starting 2016 6 pounds lighter than 2015. And the chicks!

Ruth, you need to get one of those rolling dumpsters! Makes life MUCH easier.

Pearl
, glad you made your drive safely yesterday. to DD.

Debbie, keep warm!

Jennifer, how often do you work those double shifts? Is that a weekly thing?

Have a good evening, chicks. tomorrow's Friday!
Closed Thread