Weight Loss Support Give and get support here!

Old 01-19-2016, 11:23 AM   #1  

Default Am I doing this right?

I was 154, and only lost 4 lbs so far. I am currently 149 and I need to get to 105-119 to be in my healthy weight. I am breaking my goal down and lose 10% of my body weight first, so that is around 15 lbs. I want to lose this in 3 months (so that will be around April).

Based on what I want, does this work?

Diet: 1,200 calories

Exercise: 45 minutes of interval training (2 minutes walk, 2 minutes jogging) 6 days per week.

What do you think? Can you share what worked for you? I am going to add in resistance/strengthening work out once I lose the first 15 lbs, probably around March. This way, I am not going to get discouraged by the scale. Plus, I don't have much time.

Do you think this is workable?

Last edited by KitKat85; 01-19-2016 at 12:10 PM.
KitKat85 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-19-2016, 03:00 PM   #2  

S/C/G: 214/160/140

Height: 5'4

Hi Kitkat! I think what's best is whatever works for you. 1200 calories every single day would be super hard for me, but I see people on here with much lower daily caloric intakes. Also 6 days a week of 45 dedicated minutes each day would be setting myself up for failure. What works for me is cutting out anything sugar-y or sugar-y tasting (like Diet Coke). I've also found that I really need to limit my bread intake because bread makes me crave carbs. Right now I'm doing couch to 5k, but before I was trying for five days each week to get in 10k steps on each of those days(definitely not all at once).

Welcome and good luck! Your plan sounds good to me but I think you should be open to tweaking if you need to. It'll depend upon your body's reaction to your current plan and your ability to stick with it.

Last edited by Treasa; 01-19-2016 at 03:02 PM.
Treasa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-19-2016, 05:05 PM   #3  

S/C/G: 257/230.0/156

Height: 5' 8"

If you haven't done 1200 calories in a long while, you might find it difficult at first. I know, you'd rather the weight off quickly, but that doesn't always happen. I am using the Noom app to track my calories, so it adjusts when I have activity and you can set it for however fast you'd like to lose weight from turtle to cheetah. I tend to set mine between rabbit and cheetah, I tried cheetah for a few days and was constantly hungry. Perhaps work your way down to 1200 and see how you do. Same with movement, if you haven't moved a lot of late, 6x a week when you first start your body may rebel. Work in some days of rest or a lighter work out every other day to let your body repair itself. I am just letting you know that w/all good intentions you need to be a bit flexible with how your body and mind respond to it all, I am finding sometimes it doesn't go as you planned and you need to flex with it all. Good luck!
lemonthyme is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-2016, 03:23 PM   #4  

I'm new to this plan. In phase 1 for 4 weeks. I eat 1 protein packet a day two on the weekends. I always count my protein 12 oz a day. Counting 1 for a packet. I eat 4 cups of veggies and drink all the water. My friend has been seeing s coach for 8 months and told me to just make sure I eat the 12 oz of protein and 4 c veggies a day. And water. Then I keep reading we must get 3 protein packs a day for the best and fastest results. Could someone please verify if it's ok not to have all 3 packets a day if counting the protein. Thank you��
Jenbhappy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-2016, 09:12 PM   #5  

S/C/G: 188/185/164

Height: 5'8"

KitKat, I don't have the willpower to count calories, but for anyone who does, I think that sounds like a very successful plan! Good luck!

Jen, I don't know what plan you are on, but if it requires 3 packets of protein a day, it may be trying to prevent you from becoming hungry and being tempted by high glycemic index carbs, which can cause cravings. It'd rather you get plenty of protein instead. My guess is if you are not hungry when you eat fewer than 3 packs a day and you are consuming at least 1200 calories a day, you're okay. But again, I'm guessing. You'll probably want to check with someone who does your specific plan. Good luck!

Last edited by Jacqui_D; 01-24-2016 at 09:23 PM.
Jacqui_D is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-2016, 10:12 PM   #6  
Jillian stole my abs!

S/C/G: 195.8/138/140

Height: 5'5"

Being an old hand at this, time based goals, are not particularly beneficial.

Not trying to rain on your parade, that is not my intent.

We need to find a sustainable, healthy lifestyle, that we can live with, for the long term.

Have you put any thought into how you are going to maintain what you are thinking long term?

We need to find balance.

1200 calories/day, is not long term balance.

45 minutes a day, walking, other assorted, workouts, done with never missing, is not balance.

Due to experience, I can tell you, we need to balance our long term, healthy lifestyle habits with balance. We do not know on any given day, what life might throw at us.

It happened to me this spring/summer, when my mother almost died. Long story short, it was a long summer. There were a lot of days, when I had to pick only one healthy thing I could do. Some days, it was food, some days it was activity, there were a few days, just finding 15 minutes of me time was a struggle.

But amidst all the chaos, I hang onto, just one little thing, one little thing I could do for me each day.

I am happy to say, I am still maintaining! It has not been easy.

But it was the little things, not the big things, that kept me going, and kept me positive, that I had the tools I needed, to keep it up!

Thank you, to my great family! And thank you to my Weight Watcher group/family, and my co workers! All of these people were there for me!
shcirerf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-2016, 11:34 PM   #7  
TVC15

S/C/G: 154.6/154.6/130

Height: 5'8

Quote:
Originally Posted by KitKat85 View Post
I was 154, and only lost 4 lbs so far. I am currently 149 and I need to get to 105-119 to be in my healthy weight.
If you don't mind my asking, what is your height?
thinwhiteduchess is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-25-2016, 12:16 AM   #8  

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jenbhappy View Post
I'm new to this plan. In phase 1 for 4 weeks. I eat 1 protein packet a day two on the weekends. I always count my protein 12 oz a day. Counting 1 for a packet. I eat 4 cups of veggies and drink all the water. My friend has been seeing s coach for 8 months and told me to just make sure I eat the 12 oz of protein and 4 c veggies a day. And water. Then I keep reading we must get 3 protein packs a day for the best and fastest results. Could someone please verify if it's ok not to have all 3 packets a day if counting the protein. Thank you��
Are you by any chance doing Ideal Protein diet? If so, here is the IP forum~hope this helps

http://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/ideal-protein-diet-236/
Sundove is offline   Reply With Quote