General chatter Because life isn't just about dieting. Play games, jokes, or share what's new in your life!

Old 01-16-2016, 12:26 AM   #1  

S/C/G: 280/ticker/170

Height: 6,1

Question Travel

Share a favourite travel memory, anyone?

As I'm stuck in the frozen north at the moment, I'm thinking a lot about a few weeks I spent in Greece a few Summers ago. A memory that's standing out at the moment is overpaying for a beach umbrella on my first day on Corfu....I found out the next day that if I'd walked further down the beach I'd have gotten one for half the price.

Still...super blue water. Just the right amount of shade. Books. HOT hotness. Sand. Icy drinks. Sigh.
Bookmark is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-17-2016, 09:06 PM   #2  
Knocking down walls.

S/C/G: 278/ticker/125

Height: 5'4"

Corfu sounds nice!

Visiting Chicago for the first time is one of my favorite travel memories. I was about 19 and had never been to such a large city by myself. I was pleased to find that I could confidently make my way around. I particularly enjoyed visiting the Field Museum, Adler Planetarium, and Chicago Shakespeare Theater, and going for a boat ride on the lake. The little stained glass museum at Navy Pier was neat, too.
theox is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-17-2016, 09:35 PM   #3  

S/C/G: 280/ticker/170

Height: 6,1

Sounds great. That's something I love about traveling solo, too...finding my way around completely unfamiliar places. It's adventuresome.
Bookmark is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-22-2016, 09:26 PM   #4  
TVC15

S/C/G: 154.6/154.6/130

Height: 5'8

I traveled to Amboise in the Loire Valley of France in the summer of 2008. When we got off of the bus, we were told "Go get your lunch." The streets of the town had been taken over by a farmer's market. I strolled with my friends through the market. We got fresh goat cheese from a local dairy farmer, giant cucumbers, and a French hot dog made at a kiosk with a baguette and Dijon mustard. I love that town, I love their regional wine, and their castle. Amboise has always been my favorite.
thinwhiteduchess is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-2016, 09:58 AM   #5  
Warrior Princess

1st photo is Providenciales, Turks & Caicos Island 2014

2nd Montego Bay, Jamaica in 2015

Last edited by novangel; 01-24-2016 at 09:59 AM.
novangel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-09-2016, 12:45 PM   #6  

Quote:
Originally Posted by novangel View Post

I would love to go to Turks and Caicos! Looks beautiful! I'm going to Negril, Jamaica in October, can't wait !
Jenny_G is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-26-2016, 09:37 PM   #7  

S/C/G: 250/240/170

Height: 5'8"

When I got my degree, I was suddenly unemployed, because my job was a student job. Having failed to prepare for this at all, I went to the unemployment office and applied for everything I could, including a hotel job in Yellowstone Park... Then got a letter a few days later saying I had a week to get to Yellowstone and start my new housekeeping gig! I had never been out of Oregon/Washington by myself before, but I stashed my stuff at a friend's house, hopped on a Greyhound bus, and went on an adventure!
A_the_Bear is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-27-2016, 12:04 PM   #8  
Warrior Princess

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jenny_G View Post
I would love to go to Turks and Caicos! Looks beautiful! I'm going to Negril, Jamaica in October, can't wait !
I will be in Negril in November!!
novangel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-15-2016, 09:18 PM   #9  

S/C/G: 247/180.6/145

Height: 5' 8"

My favourite memory has to do with a conference in St Maarten, and essentially the series of events that took place over the four days I was there... greeting people from other countries, meeting my current boyfriend, having a school marching band play us a special tune. It was the most fun I'd had in a while.
SleepyOwl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-16-2016, 10:54 PM   #10  

Quote:
Originally Posted by novangel View Post

I really want to go to Jamaica....maybe it will be a reward trip!!
drtm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-17-2016, 12:14 PM   #11  

you know? if you have the opportunity to go to travel then GO! and don't even think about it. my biggest dream ever is to lose some weight, I am fighting with my weight loss problem for more than 3 years now and every time it seems that I am losing. anyways, after my weight loss dream, travel! no money in this world can change my dream about traveling and losing weight (though I think that with money I can achieve both, unfortunately I was born into a poor family).
Cristyna is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-23-2019, 06:02 AM   #12  

I love my norway trip, what lovely places I saw there.
sophiaedward64 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-15-2020, 05:00 PM   #13  

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bookmark View Post
Share a favourite travel memory, anyone?

As I'm stuck in the frozen north at the moment, I'm thinking a lot about a few weeks I spent in Greece a few Summers ago. A memory that's standing out at the moment is overpaying for a beach umbrella on my first day on Corfu....I found out the next day that if I'd walked further down the beach I'd have gotten one for half the price.

Still...super blue water. Just the right amount of shade. Books. HOT hotness. Sand. Icy drinks. Sigh.
Wow, it was really great, according to description. That is the reason I try to work with the same travel agents. For instance, when I was in Siberia in winter of 2018, I was so thrilled by the view... They were great!

Last edited by MerellBrown; 06-02-2020 at 09:32 PM.
MerellBrown is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-18-2020, 11:07 AM   #14  

With such a situation in the world with this virus, now you will not go much somewhere. It is better to wait, and then go on a trip.
MaryTones is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-12-2022, 03:13 PM   #15  

It's cool to travel. I wish I could do it as soon as possible.
nicoll is offline   Reply With Quote