Dieting with Obstacles Those with special health concerns such as diabetes, fibromyalgia, pregnancy, etc can post here for extra support and help.

Old 01-09-2016, 11:53 PM   #1  

S/C/G: 210/210/165

Height: 5'8"

Question new mom of 1 year old who still keeps me up!

Help! I NEED to get back in shape. I'm back up to my lifetime max weight, my first baby is almost one year old!! He is so sweet, but he sleeps with us and he still wakes up to eat at least once, and he is teething a lot lately. working on tooth #6.

i need to know that you can successfully lose weight, while not getting the preferred amount of sleep. I probably sleep 11pm/midnight, to 7am roughly. and at least one disturbance at 4am.
sometimes, if he sleeeps through the night solid, my body still pops me out of bed at 4 out of habit Dx

I'm hoping to stick to my low calorie, nutrient dense diet that has always worked for me. Cutting out caffeine, sugar, white starches, junk, etc. A pretty healthy diet. Even if i don't lose weight, this diet should be great for my complexion.

So have any of you guys lost weight easily/successfully while dealing with interrupted sleep?
Thanks! any help is appreciated. I'm gonna still try though, i start over every day.
RookaWins is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-14-2016, 07:13 AM   #2  

S/C/G: 210/210/125

Height: 5'5"

I had a restless baby with colic who was up and down at night and I was my thinnest ever at that time. I guess sleep deprivation just made me haggard. You didn't say if you were breast feeding or not. I was, and I think that's one reason I went down to 103 pounds.

I was reading some sleep science last week that said it's very natural for many people to be awake at night for an hour or two, so I just wouldn't worry about it anymore if I was you.

I'm not up on the latest child care advice, but I would think it might be better for all three of you to begin getting the baby used to sleeping on his own. That way, if he awakens at four he might just fuss quietly a little bit and go back to sleep, rather than wake you up. A more solid routine would probably help you with your diet plan, too.

Your plan sounds mighty ambitious for a busy young mother. Might you just try giving up sugar? It's winter! I want you to have your coffee!

PS I had my baby in 1968 so take my advice with a big grain of salt. Haha. changed a little
FluffyFat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-26-2016, 12:43 PM   #3  

S/C/G: 133.4/123.2/115

Yep! I have never been much of a sleeper. I've maintained weight loss for many years by making my time work for me. I batch cook and freeze so I always have a quick meal at my disposal. We are a family of planners!
Munchy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-27-2016, 02:06 AM   #4  
pick your hard

S/C/G: 240/192/145

I am a new mum too with a 3-month old, breastfeeding and waking up twice during the night. I am trying not to gain these months as breastfeeding makes me ravenous. My diet is fairly good but still I need to be better prepared (salads and fruitsalad in the fridge at all times) and find the time to run more. I don't mind the lack of sleep but the lack of time. I wish the weather was better so that we could go for a walk at least. I saw a video of exercising with your baby maybe we should give that a try! All the best
Kitcherella is offline   Reply With Quote