South Beach Diet Fat Chicks on the Beach!

Closed Thread

Old 01-07-2016, 07:48 AM   #1  
Come on Spring!

S/C/G: 232/170/150

Height: 5'0" on a tall day

Default Thursday Clucks - January 7

Good morning. The tree is down, most of the Christmas stuff is upstairs, the stove is making the back room cozy for the sleepy Jazz and I am NOT going to brave the cold to lug a small amount of trash out to the road! What a rebel!

Since I have two back to back meetings tomorrow, today has to be the day I go to town for a few things and to spend some gift cards. I also need to hit a fabric store for some quilt binding fabric. Want to bet I come out with more than a quarter yard of mauve cotton? (I can't believe there is not a single scrap of mauve in my collection - probably because it's not one of my favourites!)

Millie just proudly showed me her loon stuffy that I rescued from total evisceration yesterday. Apparently she knows how to get up onto my sewing table which I thought was a safe spot to stash Loonie while I figure out a repair.

What's happening in your neck of the woods today? And can you smell the chicken stock I've got burbling away?
Old 01-07-2016, 08:00 AM   #2  

S/C/G: 144/131/128

Height: 5' 4"

Oooohhh, chicken stock. what are you going to make with it? I wouldn't lug the trash either! Ppppthhhh!

I speak to the surgeon today regarding my MRI results, keep your fingers crossed! Other than that, just little niggles here and there. Debating if we should have chili or leftovers...
Old 01-07-2016, 08:14 AM   #3  
sophie

Height: 5'4"

Good morning

Isn't it amazing how with so much stash we are always missing something. I have boxes full of knitting needles and somehow I'm always missing the right type.
Tammy. I vote for leftovers. Make it easy on yoursel.

not much new here. I sort of cleaned up my workshop. I hesitate to all it a studio because its in the basement although I do have my looms, sewing machine, serger and all my books and supplies there. Right now I'm weaving some scarves from bamboo. Also hosting the next meeting at the guild room and thinking of what I should bake for the oldest hippies around. But first a walk in the mall
take care
Sophie
Old 01-07-2016, 08:15 AM   #4  

Height: 5' 5"

SSShhhhhhh...... I'm at work right now

It wasn't too chilly this morning; after a sub-zero morning 20* feels perfectly balmy. So I was a big girl and lugged out the trash. Both the trash and recyclable bins were overflowing with stuff left from Christmas and having those extra kids in the house.

Ruth, I made turkey soup with the carcass last week and it was probably the best tasting soup ever. I will have to remember to let DH go crazy with the spices more often. Enjoy your shopping trip.

Tammy, good luck at the doctor's today. Personally, I would go with chili, but that's only because I have some in the freezer already. I think we are having leftover pot roast.

Other than that, I am getting my hair cut after school today and plan on dropping off a bag at Goodwill. They have a recycling bin there for un-wearable items and I have a bag for that as well.

Got to go! Have a great day, chicks.
Old 01-07-2016, 08:59 AM   #5  

Height: 5' 7"

Good morning,

I am at work about to start my 8 a.m. call so got to make this quick. I did not get any Christmas decorations done yesterday, was wiped out after first day of PT.

I will try this evening or tomorrow, need to before the weather gets cold on Saturday so I am not outside freezing bringing things down.

Hope everyone has a great day.
Old 01-07-2016, 09:23 AM   #6  

S/C/G: maintaining

Good morning. Raining here again. I'm working a longer shift than usual today so heading in shortly. It has been rather crazy in the store and we are still getting lots of returns. Should probably start taking ornaments of the tree today. With DH around I haven't been motivated to do it myself. But maybe I'll take a gradual approach.

Good lucky, Tammy.

Have a great day, all.
Old 01-07-2016, 02:33 PM   #7  
GlenwoodHotSprings

S/C/G: 275/179/179

Height: 5'5"

Hello!

It's not morning anymore. I had to deal with some tenants not paying the rent issues very first thing this morning. Then I just seem to get involved in other things. I've committed to staying home today since I am waiting for a UPS delivery containing the medication. I think it must be nap time. I've been catching up on chores but nothing too serious. I think snow is coming this evening. Whatever. I'm just counting the days until spring.

Oh, forgot to mention-I've been rereading the South Beach diet book. The original blue one. So interesting for me to gain some new insights after all these years.

Last edited by Lexxiss; 01-07-2016 at 02:34 PM.
Old 01-07-2016, 07:51 PM   #8  
Working on healthy

Height: 5'5.5

been one of those days Tomorrow is Friday!
Closed Thread