Weight Loss Support Give and get support here!

Old 01-05-2016, 10:09 PM   #1  

S/C/G: 187.4/183.4/137

Height: 5'6"

Default Workout routines? Please share yours!!

I'm looking to start working out at home. I have dumbells but that's it. What are some work outs I can do at home that don't require a ton of equiptment? What are your routines? Please share with me, I'm lost what to put together!
BVMarie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2016, 10:35 AM   #2  
Heading Downtown...

S/C/G: 225/165/165

Height: 5'8"

I don't currently workout at home... Although I do have a lot of nice equipment... dumbbells, kettle bells, bench... etc.

I workout with a trainer a few times a week... But if I was going to try to replicate what I do with him at home I would just try to hit the major muscle groups... I would do gobble squats with a dumbbell for my legs... dumbbell rows for my back and arms... and then of course there are lots of different things you can do with dumbbells for your chest and arms...

I'm not really sure about any DVDs with dumbbell routines... But I'm sure there are a ton of them out there... and of course there are a lot of books too that you could find on Amazon... I have Dumbbell Training by Allen Hedrick... It's published by Human Kinetics and I really like their books...

Good Luck!
TripSwitch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2016, 02:04 PM   #3  

S/C/G: 215/188/150

Height: 5'4"

This thread should be moved to the fitness section.

My favorite at home routine is Tonique. It's very difficult but you can do fewer reps and work up to it. It's a very concentrated workout that transforms your butt and legs and core.
Palestrina is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2016, 04:26 PM   #4  

Quote:
Originally Posted by Palestrina View Post
This thread should be moved to the fitness section.

My favorite at home routine is Tonique. It's very difficult but you can do fewer reps and work up to it. It's a very concentrated workout that transforms your butt and legs and core.
Oh had no idea there was a fitness section! Thanks for the input, I will look there!
Old 01-11-2016, 07:43 AM   #5  
Maintaining since 2013

S/C/G: Sz 20/Sz 8/Maintain

Height: 5'11

I only workout at home...

I do cardio daily. In the mornings I will either walk outdoors or pop in a Leslie Sansone walking dvd.

4 - 5 evenings per week I strength train with weights, body weight, kettlebells or workout dvd's/Youtube.

I will also add in Pilates or barre/floor work for variety.
SunnySide99 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-14-2016, 10:03 AM   #6  

S/C/G: 214/160/140

Height: 5'4

I started doing couch to 5k. I'm only on week two. The idea is you repeat each week until you're ready to advance. Next week, I'll move on to week 3, but I'm relatively sure I'll be on week 3 for a month or more.

Other than that, I wear a fitbit and try to get in 10k steps 5 or 6 days each week. Pretty much always take off on Sundays.
Treasa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-14-2016, 11:57 AM   #7  

S/C/G: 133.4/123.2/115

You Are Your Own Gym is fabulous if you don't want to use/purchase more equipment.

Last edited by Munchy; 01-14-2016 at 11:57 AM.
Munchy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-2016, 03:01 PM   #8  

Thank you everyone for your feedback! I purchased a stability ball, kettlebells, and Shaun T T25 and Cize. I'm just waiting to start up my workouts after my MRI comes back clear for my back! Also I discovered a website that was really easy to follow. It's skinnymom.com/videos. They have a bunch of workouts that they do with you so you don't get lost. Like me lol.