South Beach Diet Fat Chicks on the Beach!

Closed Thread

Old 12-23-2015, 06:43 AM   #1  
Come on Spring!

S/C/G: 232/170/150

Height: 5'0" on a tall day

Default No Wasting Time Wednesday!

Lots of coffee will be needed today as I seem to have lost a day. Somehow it took three hours out of my day to go to the Post Office, shop in our newly opened store, deliver a gift and make a huge grocery list for today when I go to town for my haircut! I won't mention that I still have three more gifts to wrap and one to buy!

Aside from lollygagging around, I met a long lost friend on FB. Gretchen and I were neighbours and BFFs from the time we were 7 until we got married and sort of lost touch. So much has happened to each of us since 1960! She is now retired from politics and living in Vancouver. I see a gabfest sometime when I overnight in Vancouver on my way to visit Mary-Ellen in Nanaimo!

Terry and Ernie dropped in yesterday with a huge hibiscus for me to plant-sit over the winter. They have a house in Costa Rica for three months starting in January and I am tempted to take them up on their invitation to visit. If we had snow I'd be more easily convinced but it feels like I've already missed six weeks of proper winter!

Just did a count and realized I chatted with more than 24 people yesterday - not including phone and email. I guess today should be a disconnect day except for the haircut if I am to get anything accomplished. No, the Bling Tree is still in storage but I have high hopes as usual!

First thing is to unload and re-load the dishwasher and at least bring the Bling Tree down from storage.

I need a thumb in the bum today but 'tis the season and people are more important than most other things. "Tis the season.

Just got a phone call from Eileen, a feisty 93 year-old, thanking me for the cookie tray I dropped off yesterday?!? I couldn't convince her that it wasn't me although she did see me parked across from her place. ** Sigh ** She called because she know I'm "up with the chickens" - too funny but I could not convince her that it was not I so I'll bask in the un-earned credit!

Have a super and relatively humpless Wednesday and just pay attention to the important things.
Old 12-23-2015, 07:07 AM   #2  

S/C/G: 186/147/135

Height: 5'1"

Good morning! It's warm and foggy here.

Ruth, it sounds like you have a busy day ahead and I hope you get all your plans accomplished.

Cyndi I hope all goes well today and you're back home, recuperating comfortably before you know it!

I stopped by Dad's yesterday after work, and brought home some gifts to wrap for him, so I'll drop them off this morning on my way in. I took all my gifts for the family and put them under their tree yesterday without their knowledge. I wonder if they noticed? We'll exchange gifts after the girls get home from school this afternoon, and then my Christmas Break begins!

Seems a lot of Christmas birthdays have been happening. Today is my DGD, Carley, 11th birthday! She's on Chicago time so it's only 6am there. I'd better wait a bit before I call her, LOL!

Have a calm and peaceful day, and enjoy the Reason for the Season!
Old 12-23-2015, 07:33 AM   #3  

Height: 5' 5"

Good morning, chicks!
It is quiet here right now but will soon get busy as the boys get up and going. I plan to do some cooking today, but most of my Christmas preparations are under control. Maybe I will look for some movies on TV to have in the background. I haven't yet seen all of my favorites.

Ruth, sounds like a busy day for you but it's good to remind yourself that people are the most important part of the season. I have to remind myself the same thing at work when I am buried in paperwork; it's about the kids.

Cottage, have a good day with the girls. It is fun to look forward to a vacation isn't it? Will you be hosting Christmas Day dinner?

Good thoughts to Cyndi.

Chicks to come, have a wonderful Wednesday!
Old 12-23-2015, 08:11 AM   #4  

S/C/G: 162/145/145

Height: 5' 9 3/4

Good morning grid lock alert day in the city....nothing new there lol

Cyndi hope everything goes well today. Glad you are crossing it off your to do list.

Ruth you need a clone to get your to do list done! I did more talking than working yesterday.

Linda have fun with the family happy birthday to Carley

Tammy happy belated to DD. Your pic on FB was adorable. I hope the tween and teen years go better at your house than they did at mine lol

Beth enjoy your vacation with the family. Glad you have sometime to spend with your boys or should I say men lol.

Nothing new here, I did manage not to have anything off plan yesterday. Keep your fingers crossed for a second OP day. Otherwise it's the same old routine here. Have a great day.
Old 12-23-2015, 08:33 AM   #5  

Height: 5' 7"

Good morning,

It is rainy cats and dogs today, if it was snow we would have over a foot of it (too bad it isn't). It is supposed to go away by tomorrow. Today is another wfh day and other than my 8 a.m. conference call nothing on plan so can catch up on niggles.

Cyndi positive thoughts headed your way and hope everything turns out okay

Ruth I am also getting a hair cut today but unlike you that is all I have on my agenda for this evening if I can manage to stay awake I hope you get everything accomplished today

Cottage that was nice of you to wrap presents for your Dad, enjoy the gift exchange with the girls

Beth enjoy your first day of vacation, I am looking forward to being on vacation starting on Friday.

Jekel you got my will power yesterday as I succumbed as neighbors brought over items, darn chocolate. The scale is up 1 today so it will be OP day today.

to everyone else and have a wonderful day
Old 12-23-2015, 08:59 AM   #6  
sophie

Height: 5'4"

Good morning

Ruth. That sure is alot of people you communicated with yesterday. Too funny about the 93 old lady. Now you will have to bake her some cookies nexy year.

Linda. Have a great day at the farm. Let the Christmas break begin.

Beth. Happy cooking day. Enjoy your sons.

Jennifer. Wow, you have a strong will not touching goodies.

Cyndi. Good luck today.

Pearlrose. I wouldn't wish for that much snow.enjoy your calm

I'm so glad I have all my shopping done. Statistics state its the busiest shopping day of the year here. Also, there's a thick fog. Hoping to just finish a few things for Christmas today.
take care
sophie
Old 12-23-2015, 09:01 AM   #7  

S/C/G: 162/145/145

Height: 5' 9 3/4

Pearlrose my scale was up 4 yesterday! Today it was back to where I've been trying to maintain. Sometimes I check it 3 times to make sure the number is accurate. Not today however, why tempt fate lol
Closed Thread