Old 12-12-2015, 02:04 AM   #1  

Default List of Plans?

I'd like to see a chronological list of all WW plans but I wonder if such a thing exists, since there have been so many if you include ones that were true changes in addition to the ones that were basically marketing/repackaging.

I did a plan in 1993-94 pre-points; I had success on it but all I remember is the phrase "optional calories". Anyone recall the name?

I am back doing Momentum (didn't try P+ long enough to know if it would be a good fit for me) as I have lost on Momentum in the past and am losing again.

Since I don't want to be buying new stuff at this time, I'm going with what has worked in the past rather than rejoining, buying a SmartPoints calculator, etc.

Happy Holidays, everybody, and best wishes for the New Year.
cjs123 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-12-2015, 07:11 AM   #2  
someday 145

S/C/G: 286/ticker/145

there was the exchange plan. something freedom. i was a member when it went from exchanges to points. didn't like points at all. so quit. i have joined almost at every new plan, gave it a try if it didn't work i left. this one fits my lifestyle. i still probably won't stay after the 3 months i prepaid. the cost is my issue. i just started taking a medication that costs monthly what the meetings are. that's more important to me.
chipper15173 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-12-2015, 08:30 AM   #3  

Hi Chipper,

When it comes to cash, no doubt medications take priority. That's great you found a plan that's a good fit; probably by the time your 3-month membership is up you will know the plan well, and there are plenty of free forums available for discussion (including on the WW site).
Old 12-13-2015, 07:23 AM   #4  
someday 145

S/C/G: 286/ticker/145

yes, i know most of the plans. i kept all the info. i am a hoarder like that. afraid i might need a piece of paper. there are times i go on the exchanges, or one of the many points.
chipper15173 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-16-2015, 10:14 AM   #5  

I remember a Quick start or a Fast start from the early seventies. Anyone remember that? It was terrific.
classykaren is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-16-2016, 04:12 PM   #6  

Default Quick Start

I kind of recall that name (Quick Start) but I never did it so I don't remember what it entailed.

I did find info regarding 123 Success (just googling around) and I actually found one of those calculators that had never been used. It works great and sort of looks like a thermostat (ha).

123 is actually VERY similar to the Momentum plan, though it is an earlier version. Right now I'm not doing anything, but when I get going again I'll use either Success or Momentum.

I tried Points Plus so briefly I couldn't really say how it worked and the latest version seems so stringent I know I couldn't do it for the long haul, so I'm not even trying it.
Old 08-04-2016, 04:01 PM   #7  

S/C/G: 278/219.6/128

Height: 5'3"

I could not make the points work for me. I love the exchange plan from the late 80s (Quick Start and then quick Success) I have been doing the exchange plan but would love a few partners who would check in. I am down 51 lbs. 107 to go.
retiredRN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-04-2016, 08:13 PM   #8  

S/C/G: 275/269/145

Height: 6'0"

Quote:
Originally Posted by classykaren View Post
I remember a Quick start or a Fast start from the early seventies. Anyone remember that? It was terrific.
I remember a fast start in the 1990s. The commercials advertised 5-10lbs weight loss in 2 weeks if you followed the plan or your money back for dues. My mom was always trying to lose the same 10lbs at that time. She did it. It consisted of a really regimented meal plan that only provided 500-700 calories a day for those two weeks. I remember my mother being frustrated that the weight came right back.
charliebear99 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-17-2016, 11:30 PM   #9  
Less of a Better Me

Quote:
Originally Posted by retiredRN View Post
I could not make the points work for me. I love the exchange plan from the late 80s (Quick Start and then quick Success) I have been doing the exchange plan but would love a few partners who would check in. I am down 51 lbs. 107 to go.
I got back to goal using Points Plus and now use SmartPoints, but I originally got to goal in the early 90s using the exchange plan.
Koshka is offline   Reply With Quote