South Beach Diet Fat Chicks on the Beach!

Closed Thread

Old 12-05-2015, 08:04 AM   #1  

Height: 5' 5"

Default First Weekend in December 12/5-6

Good morning! Are the chicks sleeping or extra busy today?
Old 12-05-2015, 08:05 AM   #2  
GlenwoodHotSprings

S/C/G: 275/179/179

Height: 5'5"

Good morning, Beth! Yes, I confess I was sleeping but now I'm drinking coffee.
Old 12-05-2015, 08:08 AM   #3  

Good morning, everyone. Very quiet in here today with the mods away. Hope they are having a good time and behaving themselves a bit. (When I was a teen my dad would say "Be good and have fun, but if you have to make a choice, be good".)

I've been up and made 2 batches of muffins already; both the PB ricotta for DH and the almond/pumpkin/cranberry for me. Very yummy.

Today I have errands to run, presents to inventory/buy and hope to get a bit of decorating done. Does that mean I have to clean first?? I think I am good shape grocery-wise but I should make a menu plan and check on that as well.

What's on everyone else's agenda?
Old 12-05-2015, 08:23 AM   #4  

Height: 5' 7"

Good morning,

The doctor visit yesterday went well, she thinks it is not degenerative disk just some arithritis after reading notes from ER. She does think that I have both a pinched sciatic nerve and a hip nerve that has been pinched as well. She said that is why the leg pain did not go away with the meds they gave me for sciatic nerve. She gave me Lidocaine patches and a Garapentin (neurontin) course to take for 5 weeks. I have to slowly increase dosage til pain is bearable and then I will have to go to Physical Therapy. She said unless the pain gets worse we will not need to do an MRI at this time.

I will say after just the first dose of the Garapentin I am able to walk with a lot less pain so I am hopefully this is the right course to take.

The bummer is we are supposed to go skiing at the end of this month in Debbie's neck of the wood. I talked to my BFF last night and said we are still going to go, I will not be skiing I will watch everyone else this year and take advantage of the hot springs with DH.

Beth I hope you are able to get everything you want taking care of today. We are supposed to go and see DS new place sometime today.

Debbie I am glad your back is healing your right its a slow process. That is nice of you to take your friend to find a wig that works for her, that makes all the difference.

I am sure the mods are enjoying themselves.

Have a great Saturday everyone!

Last edited by Pearlrose; 12-05-2015 at 08:24 AM.
Old 12-05-2015, 08:31 AM   #5  

S/C/G: 162/145/145

Height: 5' 9 3/4

Yawn, I'm awake now lol Yes with Ruth and Linda away it does seem a little quiet.

Debbie you truly are a great friend. My friend Rebecca opted to not wear a wig. Her hair is growing back and it looks really great. I hope you take some time to care for yourself too.

Beth decorating forced me to clean the house lol. It does look pretty though. I bet your house smells yummy this morning.

Just taking it easy before work later. I may separate my laundry and cook ground chicken breast in preparation to make soup tomorrow. A quick work out and food prep. Nothing exciting. I'm ok with that lol

Hope everyone has a great day!

Morning Beth, glad you are getting a little relief. Pinched nerves are no fun. Sounds like even not being able to ski you will have fun!

Last edited by jekel383; 12-05-2015 at 08:33 AM.
Old 12-05-2015, 08:56 AM   #6  

S/C/G: 144/131/128

Height: 5' 4"

I was awake for a while way early this AM, and was lucky enough to go back to sleep until 8 (I love when I don't have to get the kids to school!). DH did leave to go hunting at 5 am, I was up and made him coffee .

Debbie - XOXO
Pearl - glad to hear it. I've heard gabapentin really knocks you out, did you have that issue? (Or did you take it at bedtime so it didn't matter?!) Swimming will be good for it
Beth - ugh, you just ruined my day . We are going to get our tree (I think?!), I guess we have to clean before then? Uh-oh....
Jennifer - mmmmm, what soup are you making?

I need to sit down and figure out a menu and groceries, and I guess get the whip out (figuratively of course!) to get the kids doing their Saturday chores. And, we are going to pick out a tree, we like the cut-your-own place down the road a bit .

Have a great day!
Old 12-06-2015, 07:08 AM   #7  
GlenwoodHotSprings

S/C/G: 275/179/179

Height: 5'5"

Good morning!

I'm up, but barely. I do have coffee, though. I do hope work is busy today. I need the money. LOL

When I let the dogs out this morning I smelled skunk. That's not good news. It seems that due to the mountain lions we haven't had many skunks around which is been great for the dogs. Also great for me. I think I'll put it on my mental shopping list to stock up on hydrogen peroxide again. Two bottles. One for each because it seems that when one gets it the other does as well. LOL

So it's another busy week ahead. I work my three days then head over from my friends chemo. Then we had back in my nephew and his wife are showing up for three days. I gently explain to my husband last night that we need to do a little bit of picking up and housecleaning every day. I don't want to have to do everything when I get back from this thanks trip over. I was going to say blah humbug to the Christmas tree this year since Kirk's shoulder is still bad and it's a big Holub from the basement. He's decided let's do it. I guess we will. That means I need to move furniture around in the living room. I haven't decided where to put my bike yet. so many decisions.

Fortunately, it doesn't have to happen today I'm going to enjoy my coffee and head to work. Have a great day everyone!
Old 12-06-2015, 07:36 AM   #8  

A bit slow getting started this morning. DH did not sleep well and I didn't want to disturb him.
I had good success on my shopping and ordering yesterday so my presents are close to being done, perhaps I can do some wrapping today. And decorating will occur while I do a bit of laundry.

Debbie, hope the day is good for your wallet!

Pearl, hope the leg is feeling bit better.

Have a good day, chicks.

Last edited by Beth19; 12-06-2015 at 07:38 AM.
Old 12-06-2015, 08:30 AM   #9  

S/C/G: 162/145/145

Height: 5' 9 3/4

Good morning

Debbie I laughed about moving your bike. Before mine found a home in the adjoining room, my bike was in more than one Christmas photo. Hope you make big bucks today, but don't have to work too hard to earn them.

Tammy we always had a real tree until a few years ago. I miss the smell, but not the mess. With my crazy schedule it's safer too with the artificial. Have fun today! BTW I made chicken taco soup, very easy and yummy.

Beth I need to finish up my shopping which means time with the internet today. Joe hasn't given me any ideas for him or his kids. I know he could use money for the house, so I may get him a Lowe's card and do a stocking with small stuff. My DS really did t ask for anything too crazy this year. So exciting buying truck parts lol.

Today I'll prep for my work week and get caught up on laundry and such. Today is my only day off thanks to a Command Staff Meeting tomorrow at HQ. I may go in business attire instead of my uniform since I am off. Otherwise nothing thrilling here.

Have a great day
Old 12-06-2015, 10:30 AM   #10  

Height: 5' 7"

Good morning,

Woke up to a quiet house, DH already left for a football game. While my back and leg are not 100% better they are 80 % better. I can walk on my leg even though I can tell it's weak and don't try to put my weight on that leg as it will buckle. Tywnn I am taking the medicine at night for right now and am hoping that dose will be good enough to control and not need to take during the day. One awesome news is I can now sleep in more than 1 position.

I have a lot to do but will try and take it slow and do what I can. My parents are coming on Tuesday afternoon for DD2 Pinning ceremony for nursing on Thursday. They will just have to understand why house is not as clean as it should be.

Debbie I hope you get great tips today

Beth hope your husband is feeling better today

Jekel my son moved out yesterday and DD2 started moving in. I decided I cannot tackle removing the carpet right now so I told her let's just move in and once my leg is up to snuff we will tackle the carpet. (Plus my parents will not be here either for the mess)

I hope everyone enjoys the day, the sun is shining today.
Closed Thread