South Beach Diet Fat Chicks on the Beach!

Closed Thread

Old 12-01-2015, 06:04 AM   #1  

S/C/G: 162/145/145

Height: 5' 9 3/4

Default Tuesday December 1st Beach Chat

Old 12-01-2015, 06:12 AM   #2  

Good morning all!

Not that I want to be up this early. DS has a class for work in NJ and should have left already! Stubborn child! It's raining and he doesn't know where he is going. So me the nice mom says use my car, better gas mileage, EZ pass, roadside assistance and navigation. Cranky kid refuses, oh well nothing I can do about it.

I have to take a webinar this morning for the NYS ethics board this morning. I hope it can just play in the background while I do stuff around here.

Linda hope you answer Sophie's question. I'm curious too lol

Have a great day!
Old 12-01-2015, 06:55 AM   #3  

S/C/G: 186/147/135

Height: 5'1"

Happy 1st day of December!

OK, I'll not keep you hanging, Sophie & Jennifer. I believe there are 10 or 12 bedrooms, each with it's own bath, so there are plenty. Strangely enough, though, there are no main bathrooms.

Last night I made and froze 2 breakfast casseroles to take along, so that's out of the way! I don't know what today will bring - it's deer season so there won't be a fox hunt today, plus it's raining. Maybe Cindy and I will drag down their tree from the attic and set it up for the girls to decorate when they get home.

Jennifer, that's too bad that there was such a poor turnout for the wellness seminar, but it sounds like you made out OK!
Old 12-01-2015, 06:59 AM   #4  

Height: 5' 5"

Hey chicks! Just wanted to stop in and say welcome to December! I have a busy day of work and chores so I have to fly but wanted to wish all a good day.

Back later.
Old 12-01-2015, 07:15 AM   #5  

S/C/G: 144/131/128

Height: 5' 4"

It's December?!?! WTH?! And tomorrow is my mom's birthday, which I completely forgot to get a gift with all the holiday other stuff going on. That's okay, Amazon gift cards are her favorite anyways .

Jennifer - ooohhh, sounds like an exciting webinar. That was awfully nice to offer your car to DS, hope he makes it in time.

Cottage - Mmmmm, what kind of breakfast casseroles? Will you share pictures (of you, not the food!)?

Beth - hope today isn't too crazy!

I have a couple of appointments this morning, then a couple of errands. Debating if I should make chili or not for dinner, whaddaya think?
Old 12-01-2015, 07:24 AM   #6  
Come on Spring!

S/C/G: 232/170/150

Height: 5'0" on a tall day

Quickie here too. Slept in - a wee bit - and woke with a start to Jazz barking downstairs. Neighbour dog Milo was making his early morning rounds and did his usual small woof at the back door just to let Jazz know all was well, I assume.

Linda, friend Art is back from deer hunting and has a venison roast for me. Nobody goes into the woods around here this time of year except the hunters. Enjoy the tree decorating with the girls.

Jennifer, when do boys develop some common sense? I hope the webinar allows you to multi task or is it Interactive?

Beth, be careful driving. I hope our freezing rain didn't go that far south.

Heading into overdrive today since I must finish and mail off my DD's Christmas box. That was on yesterday's list but a dear old lady (93) dropped in with some cards for me to mail when I am in the USA. She has a group of rental cottages that are usually booked by Americans and sends cards every year. It now costs about $1.50 to mail a card to the USA! so Betty asks me to do it when I go thataway. Of course she stayed for tea and we chatted for almost two hours.

Time to get dressed and ready for the day. Paul will be delivering some hardwood flooring today and will probably put it in the diningroom to warm up before installation so I'd better get the wrapping done and cleared out of there. Off to the post office later.

Happy first day of December.
Old 12-01-2015, 08:21 AM   #7  
sophie

Height: 5'4"

Good morning

Jennifer. I feel your frustration with ds. I use to have trouble getting my dd of to school and now smile when I see her trying to get her son off to catch the school bus. Hope you can get your stuff done.

Linda. Wow, I'm impressed with that house. I've been to cap may and just imagine how beautiful it looks during Christmas.

Beth. Busy days go by quickly. Have a good one.

Tammy a vote for chilli. I like gift certificates.

Ruth. Hope you get all done. Put a sign up saying gone fishing so no one will bother you today.

I am starting some christmas baking today. First on list is french macarons. I have a drs appt on the 15th and this dr is very strict about weight gain so no tasting. Our christmas tree is up and dh is having fun playing with the remote.
take care
Sophie
Old 12-01-2015, 08:40 AM   #8  
Come on Spring!

S/C/G: 232/170/150

Height: 5'0" on a tall day

Paul arrived early with the flooring and caught me in my robe. The wood looks good and we've had coffee together. Now I'd better get dressed and my fluffy butt in gear!
Old 12-01-2015, 09:16 AM   #9  

S/C/G: maintaining

How can it be December already! I went out for the mail this morning (since it was raining so hard yesterday) and it felt like winter

DH will be home later this morning and should be here for the next week if his brothers are able to pitch in for MIL as planned. My goal is to get the shopping done for the boys while DH is around.

I am going to physical therapy for my pinched nerve today. I did it for past flare ups and mostly need the neck traction. I hate spending the money but am giving in. I finished my short course of steroids and that seems to have helped somewhat.

Have a great day.
Old 12-01-2015, 10:05 AM   #10  

Height: 5' 7"

Good morning,

I am wfh but have been busy working this morning. Doing laundry today and need to make a grocery run sometime today.

Jekel on days I don't car pool with DS it seems like he gets up later and later. I've decided to still car pool with him when he moves out on days I go in and he is on the way to work anyways, it will give me some time with him

Cottage I hope you and Ruth have good travel weather tomorrow for your trip. How far is it from you?

Beth hope your work day goes by quickly

Tywnn chili sounds good we had some on Sunday evening

Sophie I think I will hold off for a bit on the cookie making, I don't have control around cookies.

Ruth glad your flooring arrived and I hope you are able to get everything done before you leave

Karen I am so glad the rain has finally gone away. I hope PT helps your neck.

Have a great day everyone!
Old 12-01-2015, 11:39 AM   #11  

Still another 10 minutes to go on the webinar. A at least I packed my food and surfed the Internet. Also learned my lose it app has a recipe section. Great for figuring out calories of homemade food!
Old 12-01-2015, 07:46 PM   #12  

Height: 5' 5"

Jennifer, I LOVE that feature of my calorie app; it will scan the bar code on food and lets you create and save custom recipes. I have been surprised, both pleasantly and not, when I check the stats on some of my favorite recipes.

Ruth, I'm pretty sure we had freezing rain at one point today, but I was already safely at work. When I came home it was a delightful 34* and raining. Blech!
Old 12-01-2015, 08:05 PM   #13  
Working on healthy

Height: 5'5.5

It's an evening fly by for me. We did get the freezing rain around us, but it didn't seem too bad here. DH was called out of work because of low census, so we get an unexpected night at home together. That saves me from another baking binge I made butternut squash pancakes for dinner. they weren't great, I won't bother with them again. Good thing I had homemade pumpkin apple butter to put on them. Ah, the phone, must be Mom. Happy evening.
Closed Thread