Old 11-27-2015, 08:48 AM   #1  

Default Ideal Protein.. HELP ! Gained 2 lbs overnight and didnt cheat.

Hey guys

Feeling really discouraged this morning. I was hoping to wake up and be at my -10 lb weightloss but actually gain 1.6 of a lb. I did not have any cheats yesterday, had all my food/water and vitamins/oil and salt, I also had a bowel movement. I was travelling after work yesterday and didnt pack food so was without food for about 4 hours but I did have a few extra BBQ crisps that were extra from a bag a few days before. Do you think eating a extra handful of crisps would make me gain weight because i had extra carbs the supposed to ? Also another thing im thinknig it would be is I usually have a bowel movement in the morning before I weigh in and this morning I did not, as well as I woke up at 530 AM and was eating my last meal till about 9-930PM lastnight so maybe my food wasnt fully digested? These are just ideas why I could be more if I didnt get off track, very discouraging and frusterating. Just need some advide. If anyone has any advice or ideas why this could be that would be great !! Thanks
Jennos1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-27-2015, 09:10 AM   #2  

S/C/G: 234 / 146.2 / 138

Height: 5'6 / 38 / office slug

Jenn - deep breath! The scale flux is normal.
Was this your official weigh in with your coach?
Also, I can only guess that you are Canadian since you don't mention Thanksgiving
It take 3,000 extra calories to = 1 pound of true weight gain
No, a couple BBQ crisps did not send the scale soaring
If 9:30pm isn't your normal meal time, this could be the culprit
You say you 'traveled after work' - plane? Travel can cause water retention.
Also, your period / days leading up to can definitely cause an uptick in the scale - any chance of that being an issue?
Sounds like you had a couple different changes yesterday - I almost guarantee if you go back to a normal pattern (ie, no travel, eating at your normal times) and its not TOM (time of the month) you will be pleased with the scale tomorrow morning.
hysteria_625 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-27-2015, 09:26 AM   #3  

Thanks for your reply Beth !! I didn’t actually make my weigh in this week as my schedule was all over the place so just been weighing at home. I was 135.7 since Wednesday so was really hoping I would be at 134 today to mark 10 lbs. Yes I am Canadian, no turkey for this girl lol I wish. The only things I did differently yesterday was I ate extra crisps due to being unprepared while I was on the road. As well as I usually eat my dinner at around 5-530 and I didn’t get to eat it till about 8-830 which pushed my snack being late as well so maybe that’s what caused this. Not TOM either.
Jennos1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-27-2015, 12:37 PM   #4  
Alt. IP since 6/8/15

Height: 5' 10"

I would bet that the small uptick was due to late meals and no BM. Or it could be that your body is just holding on to a little extra water. (2 cups water = 1 pound.) Try not to stress about it. As Beth said, scale flux is very normal and you have to focus on just a weekly or monthly downward trend.
HereIStand is offline   Reply With Quote