Old 11-20-2015, 01:28 PM   #1  
Do or Do Not

S/C/G: 302/267/135

Height: 5'5

Default Have you ever worked with a dietician?

Hi all.. it's me.. again. I almost laugh about how long I've been on this forum and how much weight I've gained. But I'm happy to announce that I'm fed up. I know the holidays are right around the corner and it's that time of year when splurging is the norm, but I decided against it.

Today I went and spoke with my family doctor about my weight and how I feel like it's out of control and asked if I could get a recommendation to see a dietician. I don't want diet pills or quick fixes. I can't eat low carb because of other medical issues, so I think it's the best route for me. It will give me that accountability. And maybe I'll learn a few things.

So have any of you seen a dietician before? How did you like it? I'm actually scared and nervous, but I'm also very excited.
CutieCourt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-20-2015, 09:03 PM   #2  
Hello!

S/C/G: 215/168.4/159.8

Height: 5' 5"

I've never been to a dietician (I'm totally self-taught on nutrition and weight loss), but I do know people who have really benefited from it health-wise. The key seems to be to put a lot into it in order to get a lot out of it.

Good luck with everything! I hope the dietician goes well.
Penny105 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-02-2015, 11:43 AM   #3  

S/C/G: 319/238/160

Height: 5' 6"

I have been to a dietitian. I have done doctor supervised diet plans and and I also seriously looked into WLS. In the end I didn't go with WLS for a few different reasons.

One of the things a dietitian will have you do is a food journal. I would recommend starting a food journal at least a week before your appointment. Write down everything you eat, and portion size and what time you eat. You should also include emotions you feel when you eat. If you felt satisfied, full, guilty after you ate. These are all things the dietitian will cover with you. If you have this when you go in for your first appointment you will be ahead of the game.

When I went we would discuss portion sizes, healthier alternatives to some of the things I ate. We discussed cooking techniques. the dietitian gave me a calorie limit to stay within and made suggestions to foods that would help me feel fuller longer. It was very educational.

There is nothing to be scared or nervous about. Good luck to you! Keep us posted on how your visit goes.
KateB is offline   Reply With Quote