Old 11-12-2015, 11:35 AM   #1  

S/C/G: 200/193/140

Height: 5'5

Default Can someone share their experience with Weight Watchers?

Hi everyone.

I'm looking for someone to share their experience with Weight Watchers, specifically with the online program. The good, the bad, and the ugly. What did you like? What didn't you like? Did it work for you? Would you do it again? Bonus if you are a vegetarian and have food allergies.

I have a subsidy at work that could cover the cost of 6 months (I think), so there's no real cost out of my own pocket, except up front, but I'd be reimbursed. But curious to hear about people's experiences with this.

Thanks!
Kukkie84 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-12-2015, 10:15 PM   #2  

S/C/G: 297.4/278/150

Height: 5'4"-44 years old

My experience might be a little unusual but I suppose it can't help to hear from a variety of people. I thought I would love Weight Watchers because of the freedom and because I love to cook. Instead, I never could stay on plan because it was too flexable for me. I would save up my points and then have a reward day but then I would often eat really bad on that day and go over points and have a hard time getting back on track. Or I tried to eat my points everyday and not have reward days but since nothing is really off limits, i couldn't stay focused on what I was supposed to eat. I tried Weight Watchers many, many times but I do much better on stricter plans. I lost a lot of weight on medifast in the past and now I am trying wonderslim which is going well. I almost decided to try Weight Watchers yet again but I think I know what works for me by now. I like the idea of doing Weight Watchers for maintenance. I did that after medifast but then I got injured and my food and exercise went off track and I regained all the weight back. I think Weight Watchers can be a great plan. I did it only online and so it might have been different if I had meetings attend.
rosestara is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-13-2015, 07:15 AM   #3  

S/C/G: 217/179/142

Height: 5'2

I tried both online and meetings. I couldn't stick to it online because I needed the accountability of meetings. I did great with meetings, but the cost did me in. I am unable to stick to it on my own. I think it's a great plan because of the flexibility. You can eat anything, as long as you count the points, so there's no feeling of deprivation. I did it following low carb and didn't have a problem. I think it would be great for a vegetarian since vegetables and fruits are zero points. And the fact that your employer will reimburse you removes the cost factor.

The only con in the matter is figuring out the points value of the food. It's OK with packaged food because you go according to the label, but when you do mostly home cooking, it's hard to figure out the points in your recipe. I guessed in many instances, but still lost weight.
Wannabehealthy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-13-2015, 09:27 AM   #4  

S/C/G: 200/193/140

Height: 5'5

Thanks both of you for your responses. I think I would prefer the meetings, but can't seem to find one in my area that fits my schedule, which is frustrating. But I feel like I may not be as accountable with the online version. I can't seem to make up my mind.
Kukkie84 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-14-2015, 07:35 AM   #5  

S/C/G: 217/179/142

Height: 5'2

Kukkie, I think you can do a 1 week trial online to see if you like it then cancel if you don't.
Wannabehealthy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-16-2015, 09:17 AM   #6  
Jill

S/C/G: 292/250.4/175

Height: 5'6

I follow the WWPP plan but I don't do it online or meetings. I just determined that I was not taking money out of the family budget for a problem that I created.
I was on the plan from August 4, 2014 and lost 46.6 pounds by Jan 1,2015.....and that was going up about 4 pounds the last week of the Dec. From Jan 1- mid Feb I lost another 11 pounds and then I spent from mid Feb-early April bouncing around between my low and about 5 pounds heavier. I was noticing my clothes fitting looser and people were just starting to ask how much weight I had lost.....people that didn't know I was on a diet! But I let the numbers get to me. I threw my hands up and quit! I'm so mad at myself.
I went back to eating horrid stuff and WAY too much of it! Between early March and October 14 I put back on 30 pounds!
I started back on the WWPP and started excising on 10/14 and I am down 13.4 pounds (and that's actually up 1.8 from Friday, thanks to sodium!). I know that the weight loss will slow down but I've had better luck with this program than any other. It does, for me, take planning ahead and sticking to your guns, but what plan doesn't?
Jb1975 is offline   Reply With Quote