South Beach Diet Fat Chicks on the Beach!

Closed Thread

Old 11-07-2015, 06:51 AM   #1  

S/C/G: 186/147/135

Height: 5'1"

Default SBD Weekend Beachin', 11/7-11/8

Coffee's on and I'm about to pour my 2nd cup while enjoying the glorious pink and orange sunrise this morning!

We'll be shopping for a new kitchen stove today, unfortunately. My dear stove of 15 years finally gave out last night, after many years of hard and dependable service. Darn! And right before the holidays, too! Oh, well, it's just one of those things.

On the other hand, I finally finished the book we were reading for bookclub! We were reading "Wicked, the Life & Times of the Wicked Witch of the West", and it wasn't the type book I'd normally read, but it wasn't so bad. Bookclub isn't til next week, so at least I won't feel pressured to get it done, LOL!

So, how's your weekend shaping up?
Old 11-07-2015, 07:04 AM   #2  

S/C/G: 218/194/175

Good morning, Linda, and chicks to follow. Stove shopping sounds exciting to me, but I can understand the frustration of losing your reliable one after 15 years.

I can't believe another week has passed and we've gotten through almost 1/4 of November. It's just flying by!!

I have a low-key day planned of doing some shopping with DD and then catching up on laundry. I am participating in a homemade ornament swap and need to shop for and make 24 identical ornaments by Thursday. Yikes!!

I am also going to attempt to make progress with the toy clutter this weekend. Time and free weekends are getting sparse around here.

I had a big NSV this week. I found and purchased some shirts that fit great at Target from the non-plus size section. Yay! I honestly think the last time I did that was in college 10 years ago!!

Well, the house is asleep, so I'm going to get up & moving. Have a great Saturday!
Old 11-07-2015, 07:23 AM   #3  
Come on Spring!

S/C/G: 232/170/150

Height: 5'0" on a tall day

Good morning, Early Chicks. I actually slept until 6 this morning and woke to the dog alarm. The dogs have adjusted to this end of the day but still want supper at 3:30.

We are at 42ºF and going up to 50º- still running above normal for this part of the world. I'll take it! It looks like we will remain above normal for the next two weeks. Bonus!

Today feels like Sunday after being away since Thursday night. What a nice break it was!

Linda, sure hope the stove shopping goes well. You and the old stove have had a long and yummy history. Maybe you should keep it as a garden ornament - flower pots in the burner places and a huge flowerpot of ivy cascading from the oven.

Kim, you inspire me to get cracking on Christmas prep. Congratulations on slipping back into non-plus sizes. I'm hoping to join you soon.

This morning Katherine, our Events Planner, and I are going antiquing trying to find a circa 1896 door for the Old Town Hall. We want to close off the big room to cut down heating costs this winter but is has to look good! (Two of the guys were all set to block it off with plywood but we intervened. Sheesh!) It's a gorgeous morning for driving through the countryside via back roads but showers are expected later so we are planning an early start and maybe lunch at a quaint tearoom.

Hope everyone's weekend is restful and has some fun sprinkled in as well!
Old 11-07-2015, 07:49 AM   #4  

S/C/G: 144/131/128

Height: 5' 4"

Good morning chicks!

Linda, I absolutely adore my stove - it's one of those normal size slide ins, but has a small oven on top, and a larger (normal size) one on bottom, so it has no drawer. We use the top one 80% of the time, and it heats up SO quick!! I hope you find the perfect one for you!! (I'm such a researcher, I'd be online half the morning first...)

Kim - what a great NSV!! Having two kiddos always keeps you going too (what's the saying? Raise the number of children by that number, so 2 kids is 4x the work of 1?).

Ruth - that sounds like a really pleasant trip. I hope you find the perfect door! (ooooohhhh, maybe it will be magic like the wardrobe in "The Lion the Witch and the Wardrobe" and take you to magical places? (did someone spike my coffee?)

DS had his sleepover, and the boys are still sleeping! DD is sleeping in too, so it's quiet, and DH made it to his mom's okay. I honestly haven't considered what to do today after the children calm down. DS will probably want a nap, although I think they slept pretty well!

Enjoy the beautiful day!
Old 11-07-2015, 08:00 AM   #5  

Height: 5' 7"

Good morning,

It is going to be on the cool side today sounds like our weather is like Ruth's today. The sun will be out though. DD2 has bowling this morning, not sure what else other than cleaning on the agenda for today.

Cottage I am like Tywnn I like to research first before I go to the brick and mortar stores

Kim that is a great NSV hope you get your ornaments completed in time

Ruth that sounds like a lovely drive

Tywnn my house is the opposite of yours DD1 and DD2 both had sleepovers elsewhere so the house is pretty quiet this morning.

Have a wonderful day everyone!
Old 11-07-2015, 08:10 AM   #6  

S/C/G: 162/145/145

Height: 5' 9 3/4

Good morning chicks,

It is nice to be home. The training was great and so were the people. Experienced some local Texas flare and way too much fried food! So much for my plan lol. The new plan is being OP until Thanksgiving. I do have a semi formal dinner event this month. I'll be using the work car that means no wine which should help. I'm up 4 but hope some is water weight.

Today is just puttering around here and getting settled in. Maybe some outdoor work too.

Linda good luck with stove shopping. I don't want to jinx myself, but my stove and fridge are 16 years old and my microwave is 17.

Kim hope ornament making is fun. Great idea doing an exchange.

Ruth I think I would like to go antiquing with you.

Tammy hope the kids give you a peaceful day. DS was always a bear after a sleepover lol

Morning Pearlrose you snuck in on me. Enjoy the tranquility of your home this morning

Last edited by jekel383; 11-07-2015 at 08:11 AM.
Old 11-07-2015, 08:33 AM   #7  

Height: 5' 5"

Morning chicks! Like Ruth we have a bit cooler and sunny right now, with rain this afternoon. DH and I will go for a walk quite soon so we don't miss out. I might need to pick up a couple things at the grocery store afterwards.

Linda, stove shopping sounds like a combination of fun with a dose of overwhelm! So many choices! In our dreamworld DH and I are redoing our kitchen which is why we went for a low-budget "get-us-through" type faucet the other day.

Looks like DH is ready; got to fly! Have a great Saturday, chicks!
Old 11-07-2015, 12:17 PM   #8  
GlenwoodHotSprings

S/C/G: 275/179/179

Height: 5'5"

Good morning! I just checked it is still morning here. Got out of the house early and am now taking my little lunch break in my vehicle. I swear, this project is finished today. I'm hoping maybe we can even do something a little bit fun tonight. I got a lot of rest last night which was good. Think I'll still be ready to head back to work tomorrow. It was 18° this morning but it's a nice sunny day now. Thermometer in the car says 29°. I'll take it.

Happy weekend everyone!
Old 11-08-2015, 06:19 AM   #9  
Come on Spring!

S/C/G: 232/170/150

Height: 5'0" on a tall day

Good morning from chilly and slightly damp Delta.

The rain started yesterday afternoon just as I was starting to clear leaves and pine needles off the deck. I decided to sit, watch TV and finish binding a quilt to make use of my time. I felt I'd already accomplished enough for the day since we did find the perfect paneled oak door for the Town Hall. Now we need to round up a truck person to deliver it. We do have the mounting hardware to hang it as a slider. It'd be better as a pocket but way too complicated and expensive.

Just took a look at the rest of the month on the calendar and realize I need to crank things up to get Christmas stuff organized before I go away for the first weekend in December. I think the gifts to mail to my DD in Nanaimo will have to be mainly gift cards plus small gifts for under the tree. They need to be mailed by month-end. We also will be starting Celebrating The Season on November 21 and need to set up a Christmas Shop in the Town Hall. We plan a gingerbread decorating workshop for the Children on December 5 so I'd better get cracking on making gingerbread since I'm going to be away that weekend.

Time for another coffee and some specific planning for the day. I am also planning "down time" as a reward later today - nothing like checking the TV guide at 6:28 a.m.

Enjoy your Sunday whatever it brings.
Old 11-08-2015, 07:06 AM   #10  

S/C/G: 186/147/135

Height: 5'1"

Good morning, Ruth! Your month sounds as busy as mine! I'm having to get used to the idea of getting a Christmas package together to send to my DD. I have most of the gifts bought, just have to wrap them and find a box big enough, since the rest of the family wants to add their gifts to the box and send it all at once. I don't even want to think about how different the holidays are going to be this year, with my family scattered around the country.

I had to order my new stove since I wanted it in white, and we pick it up tomorrow. In the meanwhile, I have enough other appliances to get a meal together, so no excuses for not cooking, LOL! We did go out for my birthday dinner last night, though.

This morning my SIL, Gina, and I are joining the Ladies Congrega after Mass, and I'm looking forward to that and being more active in our church's activities. Afterwards, I have to get out and do some grocery shopping, and then think about what I can make for dinner. Jake's tired of soup, since we were eating that all last week. The sun is shining, so maybe something on the BBQ?
Old 11-08-2015, 07:50 AM   #11  

Height: 5' 5"

Morning Ruth and Linda (and chicks to come!).

Yesterday was a good mix of niggles and relaxing; not sure what is on the agenda today other than a bit of laundry. I also need to study the calendar and try to figure out when the boys will be coming and going for Thanksgiving. Perhaps I will go pick up the turkey since there's a sale right now.

Linda, glad you found a stove! As for dinner ideas, sometimes I come up with a plan for a few days and sometimes I just draw a blank. I like the plan better...

Ruth, glad you found the door you needed! Have a good day.

Time for coffee.
Old 11-08-2015, 08:11 AM   #12  

S/C/G: 162/145/145

Height: 5' 9 3/4

Morning everyone. Linda that certainly is quick delivery for the stove. It is a nice sunny day here too. BBQ sounds like a good idea.

Ruth glad you found a door. Homemade gingerbread is impressive. We used graham crackers lol

Beth glad your son's will be home for Thanksgiving.

Yesterday was somewhat productive. I spent a few hours replacing parts to my shower. The hot water is blah. Checked all the valves in the basement, and labeled them too. Finally broke down and called my oil company thinking it might be a boiler issue. The tech was great and explained a lot of things about the boiler I didn't know. Long story short, it's time to replace it. A new boiler should help my heating situation too. I know this will be a big bill. Not sure how I will pay for it yet. Ugh.

Today is another home day. Coconut desperately needs a bath and a haircut. Not sure if I will torment him today. He seems a little off. He hasn't touched his cookie (dog biscuit). I'm sure Mick will try and steal it when he thinks it is safe to do so.

Time for one more cup then off to pick up my groceries. Have a great day.
Old 11-08-2015, 08:22 AM   #13  
GlenwoodHotSprings

S/C/G: 275/179/179

Height: 5'5"

Good morning!

I'm in the little time crunch here. I just woke up and have 40 minutes to get to work. I guess I got some good rest though. Good news is that project is finished! Kirk is going up to clean while I head to the restaurant. I better get moving here! Have a great day everyone!
Old 11-08-2015, 08:47 AM   #14  

Height: 5' 7"

Good morning,

I actually slept in til 7 this morning, still wanting to go to bed at 8 p.m. but waking up around 1:30 a.m. and staying up for a bit then. Need to get out of that pattern quick.

It is a beautiful sunny day here but on the chilly side.

Went to Sam's club yesterday and got the free pastries and cheesecake that came with my new membership. It was tough not touching the cheesecake but I have 1 and 1/2 weeks left on my work weight loss challenge and want to finish strong.

I have no plans for today so we will see what the day brings.

Ruth glad you found a door, I have started buying Christmas gifts as well. Sounds like you have a very busy month ahead of you

Cottage that is a quick delivery. I am going down to my parents the following weekend and now it has turned into a family reunion so excited. Everyone will be there minus a few grandkids that could not go. I was not going to pull DD2 out of school for a couple of days and she was going to stay home but now I am since everyone else is going. Hopefully your family will be able to plan family reunions so everyone can be together again.

Beth glad you were able to fit in relaxing yesterday. I need to make a plan for the week for my lunches. Maybe I will make something today once I figure out what sounds good.

Jekel sorry to hear that you have to replace your boiler

Debbie hope your day at work goes by quickly.

Have a wonderful day everyone
Old 11-08-2015, 12:15 PM   #15  

S/C/G: maintaining

Good morning.

I worked yesterday and am back at it again today. The weather is cooler here but very nice. Looks like Debbie might get snow soon! I ran a couple of errands this morning. Not much else happening here. DH is back at MIL's.

Have a great weekend.
Closed Thread