Old 11-02-2015, 03:17 PM   #1  

S/C/G: 244/ticker/190

Height: 5'8"

Default November chat

Definitely went off the rails this weekend - crazy time for Halloween and so many kitkats Back on with my hummus and veggies today. Holding still through the week and back to weighing in on Friday. November needs to be my month!
elaineindc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-03-2015, 08:40 AM   #2  
Motivated Member

S/C/G: 210/204/180

We are camping- been here since Saturday- going home today - made pretty good choices and racked up 11,000 steps yesterday walking the trails then we rode our bikes for an hour!! Feel fantastic and shorts were almost falling off! What????? I love that feeling . Took the dogs to the dog park and they were running all over the place, swimming---- like little kids- had a hard time getting them to leave- we've been taking multi walks with them. When camping I do what my DH does - didn't eat unless I was hungry- new concept. One meal was 3 triscuits, Wickles hot pickles, olives and seriously sharp cheddar cheese- low points and calories - lots of flavor. I'm really watching portion sizes and tracking EVERY single thing. This am had cherry berry blend w Greek yogurt and grabbed a piece of bacon- then put it back till later. It was just there so I was going to eat it- didn't really want it. Also paying attention to if I'm really hungry or just mindless eating or seeing food and eating it because it's there. - I get 27 points a day. If I want my ice cream - 3 points for Breyers no sugar caramel swirl I have to cutback elsewhere. I've realized I can't do unlimited anything except veggies or I won't lose. The higher the protein is and low carbs/sugar - the lower the points so I'm using a lot of what MRC taught me- I just like the WW tracker and food choices much better.
I have scales in the RV but batteries died . My slip ups were fried calamari, a few beers Sunday and too much of my DH's sinful Trinity chocolate ice cream but I tracked everything and with all the walking and bike riding - I should be ok. Good luck everyone and please keep sharing!!
bigdog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-03-2015, 08:41 AM   #3  

what are everyones thoughts on the new plan coming up??
dgjp8991 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-03-2015, 12:37 PM   #4  
Motivated Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by dgjp8991 View Post
what are everyones thoughts on the new plan coming up??
Do you have any info? When is the new plan starting?
Old 11-07-2015, 10:29 AM   #5  
Motivated Member

Finally the weekend!! My DH wanted pancakes so I immediately scanned the mix to see the points. Hmmmm 4 points. Maple syrup 6 points. Light maple 3 points. My strawberry peach preserves no sugar 1 point . Spray butter - 0
I made his and sausage, bacon - real butter, syrup.
My pancakes were loaded w frozen blueberries- more blueberries than mix
Tasted more like a fruit cobbler.
I'm on my exercise bike typing this to get some extra activity points to gear up for a friend's bday cruise where I'll be drinking either champagne or vodka cranberry. The food will probably be cheese, fruit and veggie trays so should be good there.
Planning on alternating w water or club soda too. I really do not want to regain and want to continue losing.
How's everyone doing?
Old 11-08-2015, 08:39 AM   #6  

Dec 7th! 2015 Saturated fats will be counted in the points factors and limited to no sugar

Last edited by dgjp8991; 11-08-2015 at 08:40 AM.
dgjp8991 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-08-2015, 01:03 PM   #7  
Less of a Better Me

Weighed in for November and was still in my goal range (1 pound above goal weight). So things are going well.

If you have etools, you can go look at the beta tracker and the calculator does now have you put in the amount of saturated fat and the amount of sugar. Currently, doing so doesn't change the point count, but I expect it will when the new program comes out.

Dgjp8991 - If you are saying that the new plan will limit you to no sugar, there is no way I would believe that. For one thing -- currently -- sugar on labels includes both natural sugars as well as added sugar. (It is proposed that the future food label will have a place for added sugar). While, I think WW may indeed use sugar to help calculate points I can't imagine WW telling people to eat zero sugar of any kind.

BTW, I really super hate the beta tracker (and did a blog post about it last week). It is much more tedious to use and on the weight page, they took away the weight loss graph. I encourage members to check it out and give feedback. I'm hoping that with feedback they will improve it.
Koshka is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-09-2015, 06:42 AM   #8  

S/C/G: 244/ticker/190

Hi all,

Back in onederland and hoping it will stick - and get better as I'd like a "cushion" heading into the holidays, lol. I was disappointed it wasn't more of a loss last week, but that Halloween stuff really messed me up. I'm avoiding alcohol as much as I can these days because it really seems to be my downfall, but it's hard at social events. I'm also getting bored with my lunch options. Hummus and cucumbers are only just so satisfying. For anyone with a big loss behind them - did you do anything special to jumpstart your loss again? I'm losing about 0.5 a week when I'm able to lose and at this rate, I'm not going to be making it to my personal goal by the time I reach the one year mark (Feb 2016) and that seems so depressing to me, especially since that goal is still 30 lbs above my approved WW goal (which seems impossible, btw).
elaineindc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-10-2015, 01:02 PM   #9  

S/C/G: 170/164.9/150

Height: 5'2"

Smile Getting Back on Track....Again

Hi, I'm Janice and I'm trying to get my eating under control again and lose some weight. I rejoined WW Online a couple weeks ago and tomorrow will be my second weigh-in. My first one was so disappointing because in the past I always lost at least 3 pounds during the first week. Oh well, I guess at 53 things are changing and nothing is as easy as it used to be.

I just wanted to introduce myself and let you know this group caught my eye.

Oh, and I'd love to add my weight tracker thingy but I'm not sure where to find it or how to attach it!! DUH!
JC62 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-11-2015, 04:25 PM   #10  

S/C/G: 187.4/176.8/155

Height: 5'7.5"

BigDog: We eat pancakes every Saturday at my house, they've become a tradition. Try unsweetened applesauce on them sometime. Your 1pt SF preserves sound yummy!

Koshka - Woohoo for 1 above goal! Interesting about sat Fat and sugar.

elaineindc - congrats on one-derland.
Hummus and cucumbers for lunch? How to you break down your other points across your day (Bfast, Lunch, snacks, etc)?

I've been in and out in the past... but should be around the next few months. My heart and mind are ready to get into gear. I made lifetime after my first baby, and almost lost the weight again after my second when some other health issues cropped up and I gained. I love WW because once I get used to what my usual food is worth PP, it gets easier, and I can make room for special events and still stay on track. Calorie counting is too black and white for me, weekly points are truly keep me in the game.
Becky Quilts is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-11-2015, 06:19 PM   #11  
Motivated Member

Hey Everybody!
My weakness is dessert so I pulled my old WW binder out and made Pumpkin Fluff today. Easy and 1 point per serving
1 can pumpkin, 6oz lite cool whip, box of SFFF Vanilla pudding, cinnamon and pumpkin pie spice. Yum!!! Serve in wine glasses or dessert bowls w a sprinkle of cinnamon or pumpkin pie spice.
I also found a great recipe for Pineapple Fluff that calls for FF sour cream, SFFF vanilla pudding, lite cool whip, pineapple. Also 1 point.
This week I cut up celery and eating w laughing cow garlic & herb cheese for snacks. My coworkers were - what are you eating??? I felt like telling them not to be so dang nosy (as I'm crunching away)
They were scarfing up cookies and cupcakes. Annoying but they are young and thin. One of them drinks Plexus diet drinks and is hyper as h&ll!! Like she's ready to jump out of her skin.
Am really enjoying my cereal and berries in the am.
I'm stuck on 196 - well I went up after drinking WAY too much Champagne this weekend and finally got back to 196. Dehydrated for 2 days!!
But will have to say I danced a lot so lots of activity points
Please keep sharing- it's so motivating and love hearing how everybody is doing

Last edited by bigdog; 11-11-2015 at 06:22 PM.
Old 11-12-2015, 12:42 PM   #12  

S/C/G: 170/164.9/150

Height: 5'2"

Big Dog, the Pumpkin Fluff sounds really good. I made the Crustless Pumpkin Pie using what I had on had. I forgot I don't like fat-free anything and used a can of fat-free evaporated milk I bought when I just started back up dieting. It's worth the extra points for me to go low-fat!
JC62 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-12-2015, 12:59 PM   #13  
Motivated Member

I agree! FF has too much sugar and usually not a big difference in points or calories. I actually did get lite Sour cream. FF dressings are the worse!! I'd rather use less of the real thing
Old 11-14-2015, 12:53 PM   #14  
Motivated Member

Just made the Pineapple Fluff OMG some kinda good!!!

1 15 oz can crushed pineapple unsweetened in its own juice
14 oz Lite sour cream
Pkg vanilla SF FF pudding

Blend together, chill. Tastes like cheesecake!!
At a party would be great dip for ginger snaps or vanilla wafers.

The pumpkin fluff is good too as a dip

TGIS!!
Old 11-17-2015, 01:40 PM   #15  
Motivated Member

Love the Wendys chicken Pecan salad and haven't had it since joining WW. Eating it last night and went to track 9 points! Then realized they forgot to include the pecans so was able to subtract 3 points for a low total of 6 points. Even though I do love the pecans- I liked the lower points better
Hope everyone is having a losing week!