Closed Thread

Old 11-01-2015, 12:42 AM   #1  

S/C/G: too much/going down/just right

Height: 157cm

Smile November - nice or nasty - the choice is yours

Okay, going for a short snappy title this month.

I don't want negative stuff. There is enough of that around without me or any of us adding to it.

I'm hoping November will be nice. I'd like to lose a couple of pounds before I finish this contract. Anyone else going to post a 'I want to....' and see what happens at the end of the month.

To go back to the old thread, click
Old 11-01-2015, 09:47 AM   #2  
Sandee

Height: 5' 2"

"Hello November" & a Time change Fall back our clocks 1 hour, until next year when we Spring ahead 1 hour.

Joy ~ Thank You for starting our new thread.

2 of my winter goals are:
#1. Be 'active daily' with walking a minimum of 5,000 steps/1 mile daily because I told Dh that we r doing the annual Labor Day Mackinac Bridge walk in 2016 http://www.mightymac.org/bridgewalk.htm We did it the last time in 2004 & enjoyed the views & nice people walking the 5 mile bridge. We took amazing photos that u can't see from anywhere else. It took us about 1 1/2 hours & the 2 prizes we won were 1 free commemorative t-shirt from a business downtown & a free breakfast in Mackinaw City we bought another $15 t-shirt & extra breakfast And yes we r also tourist 'fudgie's' eating the famous Mackinac Island fudge whenever we r up north. Wherever we visit we have to help the local economy & buy their products. So I also, can officially call myself a Cheese-head from buying soo much Wisconsin cheese visiting our son.

#2. 'De-clutter' weekly; my home, my health, my marriage & my job. I'm easily distracted from taking care of my own life tasks, whenever anyone needs my help I'm there w them. My Dh says I'm too 'easy' & to 'help them' only if it works into my schedule. So I'm back on-the-clock w time management again & I'll work around my health probs.

Time to go make our French toast breakfast now, I always cook our bacon in a pie plate in my microwave & nobody knows the difference. My way to lowering the cholesterol draining the bacon fat often as it cooks & Dh uses the fat for frying eggs the next day.

What r some of your winter goals & a healthy cooking trick

Happy November
Old 11-01-2015, 09:57 AM   #3  

Height: 5'7"

Hello Everyone! It was so nice to have an extra hour of sleep this morning with turning the clocks back.

Shad: I like the title.

Dee: I saw on the October thread that a long post you wrote went MIA.

I like your goals! I would love to walk over that bridge with you. We went to Mackinaw City a couple of years ago and I loved it there. So pretty.

Ceejay: I saw on the October thread you were pretty busy this weekend. I hope you enjoyed yourself.

My "I want to" is for Nov and Dec together.

1. I want to be down 10 lbs from my current weight on 12-31-15 a.m.
2. I want to be back in the habit of exercising 4-5 days a week for at least 30 active minutes.

Last edited by MyChoice2bfit; 11-01-2015 at 09:58 AM.
Old 11-01-2015, 11:29 AM   #4  
Choose your hard

S/C/G: Stuck/Working on it/Good 2 Go

Height: Fun Size

Morning everyone,

What are you going to do with your extra hour of time today if you live in the States? (Clocks go back one hour for daylight saving time). Personally, I'd rather have it darker in the morning and lighter at night. It's going to get dark insanely early now - not my favorite time. I told DH it's time for him to switch over to Driving Miss Daisy time I am not comfortable driving at dusk / night now even more than ever. And the deer seem to be very active in the evening right now.

Thank you for setting up the new thread Shad - I do like the title and for the first time in over 10 years, we do not have the word WORLDLIES in the title. Maybe it's time to retire that anyway.

I was thinking about goals when I woke up today. I decided to commit to small but steady changes rather than taking on the world and failing. So... my goals for November are to pick a small food change each week, start with 5 minutes of daily conscious exercise and add 5 minutes to it each week (to form a habit in my brain) and I also have a goal to go through at least 3 items (box, bag, hot spot or drawer) and do the keep, toss or donate to reduce the stuff in here. I think they are small but doable goals that will get me back on track.

Sis got home ok yesterday - it rained from the minute they walked out of the cabin to when they walked in the house. She made good time until she got to Woodfield Mall in the north suburbs and got hung up an extra hour in bad traffic. She said she is NOT happy to be back in the city again but Mom and son are most happy she is home again.

DH and I went grocery shopping yesterday. We stopped at the thrift shop to talk to our friend but it was dead slow in town. They were supposed to have a Zombie Walking Dead fun run but the weather was prohibitive. They were also supposed to have an outdoor trunk or treat where you park your car and serve treats out of your trunk but I think they had to move that indoors also. I think that's a better idea than going door to door. The houses are close together in town itself but everywhere else (like by me) the houses are so far apart that I'd be wiped out just walking up and down the 5 houses on this street! I'm glad we don't have trick or treaters - no candy temptation. But I should donate the few decorations I have since I don't bother to put them up any more.

I stopped at the shelter right before they closed and picked up paperwork for the new animals received and adoptions for the last 2 weeks. Boy that's a busy place - I must have 30 new intakes and a big pile of adoptions! DH asked where they get all the animals from and more importantly where all the adopters come from in a small town of 2,000 people. I said right now we have lots of puppies. We took in 3 pregnant mommas from Oklahoma who were due any day. They were about to kill off all of them - apparently they don't believe in spay and neuter but instead do a very high euthanasia rate. With each mom having 7 to 9 puppies - there was almost 30 animals just from those 3. Happily they all got adopted. And we are also overloaded with kitten season too. Last 2 weeks in October were free kitten adoptions - they placed many but we still have lots left. As for adopters, I told DH that Facebook has been so instrumental in helping us. With us able to post pictures and the fact that we have over 3,000 followers with people posting to their friends, it helps to have a great support network. So I was working on entering animals last night and got hung up on trying to figure out how to put in their medical records. It was a struggle I still have not figured out. I have to get the files back to the shelter by 8:30 tomorrow morning so I just opted to get the basic data in (we know all adoptable animals are spayed/neutered and current on vaccines anyway).

I am also doing laundry today and hope to get a little housework in also. A few months ago, DH forgot to close the hatch on the 4Runner in the garage and went and pushed the button to close the garage door. The garage door being heavy put a deep scrape all the way from top to bottom on the hatch. We got the hatch repaired when we had the work done on the front of the car when we got hit at the Thrift Shop. So... door is nice and shiny again. DH pulls the car into the garage, takes groceries out yesterday and I was looking through the front door moving stuff when he went to close the garage door. I THOUGHT he had not closed the hatch again and was about to say something but it was too late. I saw the garage door wobble a bit and then DH started cussing and went back in the garage. Sure enough, he did it AGAIN. This time not as deep a scratch but a length wise scratch none the less. I couldn't believe it. He said we need to get rid of the boxes that are at the front part of the garage so he can pull in farther. I said ok, you can't pull in totally away from the door and we can do that BUT you have to start paying closer attention to what you are doing. *big sigh* So I will have to find some time to get at the garage very soon.

Tomorrow I have an all day drawing class I am looking forward to. I had this teacher before and I really like her a lot. It is a pen and ink drawing class with landscapes. DH had some photos printed up for me - fortunately I have lots to pick from thanks to his hobby. But that will take all day. I am just a bit disappointed because we are getting the last final burst of nice weather before the gloom sets in and tomorrow is supposed to be sunny and an unseasonable high of 62 degrees. I would rather spend it outside than in an art class but can't change the weather. Tuesday I switch from mornings at the Thrift Shop to an afternoon shift over the winter but when I changed the calendar I saw that I have a hair appointment. So I asked 2 friends if they would cover me. Maybe I can get out in the morning and finish off the garden area for the winter. There are weeds to pull and mulch to cover. I'm sure DH will be raking pine needles on Monday so I'll use that and maybe some newspaper underneath. (We don't have any leaves on our immediate property and I'm not going out back if Mr. Bear is looking for a winter home ) I was not happy at all with the cheaper name brand garden soil I used this year. Seems it had lots of weed seedlings in it. So it's back to reliable but more pricey Miracle Grow next year. Last 3 years seriously have been a waste of money on the garden. I only do it because DH went through the effort of building me a nice, fenced it area. We will see how the strawberries I planted this year fare next year - it takes them a year to get established. I hope they don't take over the entire bed though!

Wednesday they are still talking about the last bit of residual nice weather so we might take a ride out to Minneapolis to go to the zoo - DH wants to take more pictures. We bought a one year pass when we went and it's only cost effective if you use it at least twice. We went in July I think and it was miserably hot, humid and very uncomfortable to walk around. Should not be the case now as there is a mix of indoor exhibits as well as outdoor stuff.

And that's about it for me. Will catch up on personals when more of you get in here - always a slow weekend for posting here. Happy November, success to all.
Old 11-01-2015, 04:26 PM   #5  
Sandee

I'm getting ready to pay bills & decided to drop-in, then its the doggy weekly baths & grooming time. They love it But I should've turned my TV off of the shopping channels, I just bought a new 'flash fryer, by Chef Ming Tsai' on HSN for $80, my deep fryer uses lots of oil & Ming's flash-fryer is very efficient, I'm tasting my veggies cooked in it already, yumm. Because Dh likes his onion rings, etc. this will b a family Christmas gift for us to share. I've been watching the HSN 24 hr. cooking show & only bought this today Dh is watching football. I just finished making cheese ravioli for meatless Monday, I added mushrooms & onions to mine & Dh likes just the 3 cheeses I use.

Donna... You make me tired just reading how busy your life is. We get up to 70* Monday-Wednesday & then our temps go to low 60*. So tomorrow I'm detailing my car & waxing it. You have enough going on w your schedule, so let Dh organize the garage his way & possibly he'll b more careful parking by doing that work.

Susie... Yes, save the Labor Day date for u & John to walk across the bridge w me & Ron If your Dh doesn't want to walk, he can enjoy a morning of leisure while u & I walk across the bridge w Ron. We always camp those 4-5 days, so if u want to u guys can stay w us that weekend camping or we can meet-up & do things. I know u said u are a hotel person, but camping is fun & relaxing being on the lake. If u don't have a double sleeping bag, just bring your electric blanket w u guys & your 2 pillows. We don't know if we'll take our kayaks up there because we may stay @ Mill Creek campground Glamping on Lake Huron w the beautiful view of the M. bridge lighted up @ night about 3 miles from Mackinaw City (3 hours north of our home); if we don't get a state park reservation, because we only kayak in inland lakes & only on slow rivers in state parks w big lakes, that's a option for u to think about kayaking. Or we could drive to a Canoe Livery & rent kayaks or tandem kayaks on a local river up there. Does your Dh like the water? Don't believe anyone that says kayaking is hard or tippy, because if u kayak on inland lakes & not on fast rivers, its easy & as safe as walking. Not tippy like canoeing is. Our g-babes started paddling @ 10 yrs old when their arms were strong enough to hold the paddle. There's many things to see & do w/o going into the water up north. If u decide not to come up & walk across the bridge my feelings won't b hurt, but you'll miss a very nice day. I hope u & your hubby do come up. I told Ron about this & he is happy to meet new friends.

Oh, Ming just made Sushi in the deep fryer & veggie sticks... I'm going to make 'fried chocolate chip/peanut butter cookie dough' when I get it for my first dessert & flash-fry everything all week

Talk to you'all tomorrow after I detail & wax my car in our 70* temp Then I'm headed to the lake to kayak & look @ any fall colors left on the trees, unless Dh wants me to wait for him, to join me after work.

Last edited by miniDoodles; 11-01-2015 at 04:27 PM.
Old 11-01-2015, 10:15 PM   #6  

S/C/G: 200/189/165

Height: 5 ft 1 inch

Default On my phone

Shad, thanks for starting the new thread. I like the title.
Instead of pounds I'm doing better losing inches. I will measure tomorrow. But I'd like to lose 3 inches. I'm up to 7000 steps this week so the next 5 days I want to do 7500 steps per day which would include a 20 to 30 minute activity minutes.
I also need to do some more decluttering.

Went by to see my uncle who is in the jonesboro hospital. They did a cardiac cath procedure and wanted a frontal view of his heart by doing a endoscope. They damaged the top of his esphogus. He has an extremely sore throat and can have nothing by mouth. He has i.v.'s. He said he really wanted a drink!

My appointment with the cardiologist is Thursday. And it never fails that my coworker calls and may need off this week due to a death. I really do not want to miss this appointment.

Last edited by ceejay52; 11-01-2015 at 10:17 PM.
Old 11-02-2015, 08:20 AM   #7  
Annie - Indiana

S/C/G: 303/143/165

Height: 5'9"

Good Morning Chicklets!!

SHADDIE...thank you for starting the thread. Great title. Altho I do like the word Worldly in the title cause that is how I search out old posts when makeing references from years past. Just a thought. Again, you are on the rolling down to the end of the path with that job. Yeah!

HAPPY...OMGoodness, I would of crapped if C did that AGAIN to the car. I have to laugh, cause I knocked off my mirror on the Camry and on my RAV4 both by backing out to close to the garage door. GUILTY as DH here. We will have to set up a driving school at our commune to include garage door training (backing and closing). lol. Lord I am glad I am not around for all the puppies, I am such a sucker. I went over to my sponsor's house yesterday after church and she has 3 schnauzers (Frazier, Holly, and Sasha), they are rescue doggies that were used for bait in dog fights. How sad is that? All 3 stole my heart. So lovable and especially Sasha, she warmed up to me and laid next to me with her head on my lap the entire visit.

CEEG...don't cancel your appointment, your health is more important than anything else.

DEE....anything that is fried in my books is scary. Not heart healthy. I would have to pass on the deep frying thing.

SUSIE...your goals sound very doable. Remember to put YOU first and not your stinky bosses or job. Do for you first then do for work.

Hello to all the rest of ya's. Cannot remember from last month's post and to think I just read it about an hour ago. haha.

Did a lot of running around on Saturday, laundry etc. Sunday was church, meeting with my sponsor then we went to lunch at Red Lobster. We went to Ainsley's BB game at 3. Too cute, a bunch of 4th graders running up and down the court, kind of like a cluster F. Anyway they won 13 to 8. Then off to do Cs pull ups as my brother took yesterday off, so we had to fill in for him.

Home to watch some football and off to bed. I must say, going to sleep and sleeping all night long is no longer a problem. Out like a light and don't wake up till the alarm goes off.

Hello to all, make it a great day. Hugs
Old 11-02-2015, 10:04 AM   #8  
Annie - Indiana

Hospital only bill $119,777.12
Old 11-02-2015, 01:26 PM   #9  

Afternoon all. Nice sunny day here.

My weekend was fine. I used the boutique gift card. Thank goodness I found a necklace & earrings I liked - there wasn't anything I loved at that place - nothing like my style at all. After that I stopped at the Talbot's outlet and bought a pair of gray dress pants. After that was Kohl's to use my Kohl's Cash (undies), and finally to Walmart to buy the big bag of Halloween candy.

It was rainy all day, but finally around 3-ish it let up a bit and while I was out walking the dog I came across a few groups of trick-or-treaters. We had a fair amount of kids, but didn't give away all our candy by a long shot. Bf has it hidden, thank goodness.

We met friends at the chosen place and it turned out to be closed for remodeling. Huh. So we went to another place and had a nice time - chatted and watched the end of the baseball game. It was a pretty early night - left for home around 11-ish.

Sunday was laundry and vacuuming and a wee bit of yard/garage work. Bf moved the mulch bags to the side of the house. The car is ready to go in the garage. Happy, we'll have to be careful to shut our SUV's rear latch before shutting the door. We don't have a door direct from our garage to the first floor of the house, so we always leave through the big door once the car is parked in there, so I should think closing the overhead door while the rear hatch is open is going to be impossible. What a bummer that happened to you a 2nd time! Your hub has to come up with a new routine to stop that from happening a 3rd time!

Okay, gonna post this and get out to enjoy the day (I'm off today). And maybe go to the hospital - please send some healing thoughts to bf's mom - her leg swelled and hurt starting Friday and she finally went to get it checked today and she's been admitted to the hospital with a blood clot! Thanks!!

Last edited by Laura705; 11-02-2015 at 01:27 PM.
Old 11-02-2015, 06:42 PM   #10  

S/C/G: 200/189/165

Height: 5 ft 1 inch

Annie
I'm definitely not going to cancel this appointment. I told my boss this morning that these kind of appointments are hard to get. Then made an appointment with the GYN. I was still in the computer. It's been since 2012 since my last appointment and longer than that for the heart. Yikes on the hospital bill.

Dee
I need to either wash and wax my vehicle or pay some one to do it for me.

Laura
Most definitely sending healing thoughts for your bf's mom. Glad she decided to go to the doctor.

Happy
How big is the shelter?

--------
So far I have 26 activity minutes with 5504 steps and 1 mile. I'm having a cut off time for counting steps which will be 9 p.m. This way I can ride my bike for 10 minutes if I need to get the rest of my activity minutes in after work.
Wearing my new shoes today and my feet are hurting.
I actually saw the mouse last night in my bedroom and another time in the living room. Why do those little creatures make me say eeek! Probably cause I'm not used to seeing them in the house. I still don't want them in their. I bought TomCat poison and put out. These are containers but they are not traps. They are supposed to go back to their nest. I'm going to check under my bed tonight to make sure it hasn't taken up residence there.
Old 11-03-2015, 12:06 AM   #11  
Sandee

Ceej, I had the 'stress test & echo' @ age 55 yrs for a baseline because both my parents died from arteriolosclerosis & I was tested again last year @ age 60 & was told I'm fine. It's important for everyone to know their health risk. My parents were both former smokers & that did lots of damage. My cholesterol numbers were great in September @ my yearly physical. My doctor says my risk factor is Low for cardiac disease & I know it's because I changed my food lifestyle to 1-2 servings of food 5 years ago & my stress lowers when I talk to God. Everything that u are doing is improving your health I'm very proud of u for taking care of your body & peace of mind gives u more happiness. Measuring as u lose inches is a really good plan too, because muscle weighs more than fat does. ps: I hate mice too!

Annie, I bought a 'flash-fryer', it isn't a 'deep fryer'. A 'flash-fryer' uses minimal oil & has a fast-cook, high-heating element so the food cooks quickly & is crisped outside without oil penetrating the crust (cooking technology); it's comparable to searing food in a frypan @ high temperatures, or oiling a baking pan then flipping the food over on the greased side to crisp both sides in the baking oven. Dh had a deep fryer yrs ago for his French fries, onion rings, etc. & I sold it @ garage sale because it made greasy food & it used 2 qt. of cooking oil & Dh was PO @ me. He's happy about the new flash-fryer we're getting because he can cook onion rings, etc. 'crispy & healthier'.

Laura, How was your day off today It's great that u got your Gift Card shopping done on Saturday & found something u liked. I'm sorry about your Bf's mom's leg, I hope as u are reading this post that she is healing well & that her doctor gave her good news to leave the hospital on Tuesday.

Have a good Tuesday everyone
Old 11-03-2015, 08:48 AM   #12  
Annie - Indiana

Good Tuesday Morning/Evening Lovely Ladies...

Let me see, C went fishing with the neighbor last evening, I went to a meeting. It was a good meeting, about work related issues and how the steps can help with that. I am beginning to think the steps would help anyone get a better outlook on life, attitude, gratitude, God, and many other things. Don't have to be an alcoholic to make them apply some way in life.

RANT....our Directv service went out last night. Spent an hour on the phone with the customer service. They could not resolve the issue. SO they are sending a tech out to see what the problem is....First available time..Sunday between 12-4 pm. REALLY, test my patience will you? I am calling back today about 6 days of credit toward our bill. This is BS, yes we missed the Colts game last night, well if you wanna call it a game. I am very disappointed with Andrew Luck and is non-reported injuries-it is about honesty, my man, honesty. Rant over!

With all that said, I went to be at 8:15, I am so exhausted by 8 or so I can barely keep my eyes open. It is so crazy! Now I sleep through the night like a baby and even if I get up to potty, I am right back to sleep sitting on the toitie. lol. Amazing when the blood flows, how much better your body reacts.

I am starting the stairs this week and walking farther also. I am not going to make goals for this month other than just trying to do better and get healthy again. Of course, I forgot my Fitbit this morning, so steps are not calculated today.

DEE....glad to hear the way the flash-fryer works, better than all that fat and grease. Yes C had a deep fryer when I met him, so when he moved all his stuff in with me, I pitched the deep fryer, I think he almost cried. That is so unhealthy and so messy to clean up after use. Yuk! How are you feeling today? You seem to be in a better place with all of it.

LAURA...how was your day off? You've got my prayers for MIL. Bless her heart. I know the pain and suffering must be awful for her. Hope you got a little "me" time on your day off.

CEEG...glad you are going to keep your appointment. Good on you for the GYN appt. Stay on top of your health is #1 these days!

Hello to all of you. Hugs and Prayers for us all.
Old 11-03-2015, 01:37 PM   #13  
Choose your hard

S/C/G: Stuck/Working on it/Good 2 Go

Height: Fun Size

Howdy all,

Yesterday, today and tomorrow are just absolutely gorgeous outside. Except for the millions of Asian Beetles which have woken up and are covering everything! Yesterday I went to art class. It was ok but a little disappointing because she did not teach very much. It was a pen and ink drawing class and if you were new to it (like me) or not very skilled it could be intimidating although the teacher knows her stuff and is VERY kind and encouraging. She has a lot of groupies who take every class she offers and they have been doing it for years and years so some of them are real artists. BUT as Diana says - the wonderful thing about art is there is no "right", it's in the individual's own eye so I try not to look at how great other stuff is and remind myself that you're never quite that good starting out so practice, practice, practice! But I did enjoy the class. I came home and found that DH spent the day cleaning house. I thought at first it was going to be a fight because sometimes that triggers the "I ALWAYS HAVE TO ... response, but no. He was in a good mood. So thanks! I made teriyaki pork chops for dinner with homemade cranberry sauce, salad and beans - was a good dinner. Today I skipped the thrift shop, worked on creating some training documentation for the shelter software - I start training them next week. The morning flew by, I hope to get a load through the wash before I have to shower up and head over to the hairdresser. Need to drop off some cleaning supplies at the shelter too, probably after I get my hair done. They moved the rain forecast to Thursday so it looks like we will be taking a trip to the zoo tomorrow. Not exactly first on the list of things I'd pick if I was choosing, I'd actually rather go look at some waterfalls instead but I am being a nice wife and going along with what DH wants to do. After Thursday's rain we get back to seasonal temps in the 40's with cold and gloom so live it up now!

Annie - glad that you are sleeping so much better now and that you are finding good things in the 12 step process. We have a Serenity Center here - they do everything except Overeaters Anonymous - don't know why not. Maybe as you say, 12 steps can be translated to it if they don't have a specific meeting per se. I have had the same annoying problem with DirectTV - I think they are all like that tho. When it goes out you have to wait a week for an overworked tech to show up. That's the problem - they contract their techs out and treat them like garbage - kind of like corporate help desks do OUCH on the hospital bill! But that's the reason we are all afraid with insurance - who can afford to pay something like that - or even a "reduced" bill out of pocket. It's also sometimes good to be able to have the insurance to pick the care you want instead of having to deal with cheaper options. Breaks my heart each time I see precious little dogs used as "bait" for fighting. Makes me wanna take a to the lowlives. Same for puppy millers.

I am with you all on the fryer thing - I don't do anything fried except the occasional French fry with a burger when eating out. I have an old fashioned deep fryer I got as a wedding shower gift, I only keep it because there is a crock pot insert that goes in there and I still use that. DH had a hankering to make fried chicken once from a magazine article that tempted him. What a waste of oil and really, it was not that great. So buh buy grease! The flash fryer might be a better idea but we don't use it enough to warrant another appliance in the house.

Dee - it's great that you took steps to try and avoid the medical issues that plagued your parents. We know so much more and while genetics do sometimes thump us on the head, we can head off some problems with changes in our lives.

Ceejay our shelter is sort of small. We have 2 cat rooms, can hold about 70 cats at capacity, 20 dog kennels, 2 isolation rooms and a big area for training or temp kennels for moms and new puppies. We process about 700 animals a year through our doors. I am with you on the mice - I cannot bring myself to kill just about anything and while I like animals I am squeamish about mice crawling across me When I was still smoking I smoked out in the garage and we had field mice in there - no way to prevent it. It was especially hard in the winter when they could get into a tiny crack the size of a pencil eraser and looked for some place warm. There were times I brought a small stool in the garage with me and stood on that if I saw one darting across the floor.

Laura - hope BF's mom is doing better. Clotting is a big risk. Scary! Glad you found something so you could use the boutique card and it didn't go to waste.

Ok, well I just looked at the time and if I don't get off the computer now it's no lunch for me and I don't want to go all day without eating. Hellos to those I missed. Hope everyone is doing well.
Old 11-03-2015, 04:19 PM   #14  

Afternoon all.

Shad – Thanks for setting up our new thread for us. Hope all is well in Auckland.

Dee – The bridge walk sounds interesting…do you walk back across or get a ride back?? I suppose I should check out the link you posted! The flash fryer sounds interesting. Let us know how you like it. We had a deep fryer a few years ago and bf returned it. All for the best. We rarely deep fry anything. As it is, I’ve decided we have to keep our cooking oils in the fridge because we don’t use it quickly enough and it can go rancid after a while. I never would have thought kayaking would be less tippy than canoeing…

Susie – I think I need to replicate your goals!

Happy – I think I used the extra "fall back" hour to sleep. In the past, I’ve hated the early darkness that comes with the end of DST, but this year I’m really glad to have the light back in the morning. Last week I bumped into the corner of the dresser not once but TWICE in the morning getting ready for work. You’re really learning the nuts and bolts of the HS operations since you’ve been volunteering and implementing the software. It’s interesting. Re your garden – for some reason I didn’t know strawberries were perennials. Except for the wild variety of them, I guess… Enjoy your visit to the zoo, and enjoy the nice weather!!

Ceejay – Good job on the steps. I hope you don’t have to miss your cardiac appointment this week. I read your post about the mouse in your place and what did I have a nightmare about? Yup, a mouse in the house.

Annie – Wow, that hospital bill would make me faint!! Do you think it’s the new meds you take that are tiring you out? Good for you getting back to exercise. Bummer about the cable being out. What a PITA to deal with those companies.

Hellos to Terra and Michelle.
--
My day off was alright. I lazed around in the AM and then we went out for lunch (Red Lobster) and to the New Balance store nearby after that. They had a few models of the shoe brands Happy recommended, but not a lot, and not my size in the one I wanted. Turns out I needed a half size smaller than I tried on. At least now I know how the sizes run. Bf also found some shoes he liked. I guess I’ll get back online and shop some more, though I don't think we'll find any great deals on those brands. I’m also on NB's mailing list, so I might wait and see if we get a postcard from NB in the mail announcing their next sale.

After the shoe store, we went to visit bf’s mom in the hospital. Her clot is serious - along a whole long section of her upper left leg (femoral artery I think?). They will try to clear it with drugs, but she may require surgery. If I understood her correctly, the surgery could result in severe nerve damage. Scary stuff. Please keep up the thoughts and prayers for bf’s mum!

Driving home right during rush hour last night from the hospital wasn’t far, but it was a nightmare. I think it being the first weekday after DST ended just made it so much worse. You’d think no one ever drove in the dark before! And construction EVERYWHERE didn’t help matters.

I went to Pilates class last night and it was fine. Someone asked about the next session and the instructor commented about the winter park district class catalog not being out just yet and how they seem to be cutting it close this time around... There are only 3 classes left in this session.

I arrived at work today to find I had my CPR class this morning. I’d forgotten about it and was tempted to skip it, but I decided to get it over and done with. Now I’m done for the year.

Nothing planned for tonight. I voted for two movies, but neither was chosen. Instead “Crimson Peak” was chosen. It sounds like a horror story? I’m gonna skip it.

You’ve all come up with some great goals. Now that the outside work is winding down, I need to focus on the inside of the house and one thing I really want to accomplish is getting the paper clutter under control.

As for health goals, I just received the evaluation from my employer’s wellness assessment. This assessment is based on a questionnaire we take online, and on the lab results. They come up with a numeric score and the goal is anything at 0 or less is desirable. I got a minus 20 (-20). So I’m happy about that. I just have to maintain a score of 0 or under. But…not having been doing any vigorous exercise for the past couple months, I feel very “out of shape” and want/NEED to get back to workouts. I think I will continue with the Pilates, but I need to do additional classes.

I better get this posted now or it just won’t happen. That kind of day.
Old 11-04-2015, 03:14 AM   #15  

S/C/G: too much/going down/just right

Height: 157cm

Packing, cleaning, washing, working. No peace for the wicked. Will be sleeping on the plane on Friday.

Between Mexico and the Indians I'm in a cultural wilderness. Hola, Salaam, Hiya, G'day, Morena, howyagoing, Konichiwa and selamat pagi. I can say yeehah and good morning in a dozen different languages.
Closed Thread