South Beach Diet Fat Chicks on the Beach!

Closed Thread

Old 10-22-2015, 06:55 AM   #1  

Height: 5' 5"

Default Thankful Thursday Daily Chat 10/22

Good morning! Anyone have a minute to stop for coffee?
Old 10-22-2015, 06:57 AM   #2  
Come on Spring!

S/C/G: 232/170/150

Height: 5'0" on a tall day

Default Thankful Thursday, October 22

Another early wake-up from my black furry alarm-clock! Checked my email first thing and found an email from Michelle that her husband's Dad is very ill and she will be going to Kingston today instead of cleaning. Guess I now have a "free" day, aside from the Fair AGM tonight. Thankful for that.

Just checked the weather and we got the predicted rain overnight. It's supposed to be a sunny day and is up to 58F already. I may take a quick trip to town to get some sterile potting soil so I can conquer the plant forest from my kitchen counters. If it's dried up outside this afternoon, I'll do some cutting back outside to tidy things up a bit and grab the last few bits of nice weather. It's time to think of winter tires again.

Betty one of the quilting biddies, came in yesterday to check my new floors and was quite impressed. She brought along her Maggie, an adorable mini-schnauser who was a real hit with my two, especially when Maggie was able to be off lead in the dogyard. The best thing you can give your dog is another dog to play with!

Another coffee coming up and then I'll lug the trash to the road.

I hope your day brings lots of things for Thankful Thursday.
Old 10-22-2015, 06:58 AM   #3  

Morning, chicks. I know it sounds cliche, but today I am thankful for most of my life: I have a good job, a great husband, kids that are doing well and my health. It is really easy to find something to complain about but today I won't.

Just another busy work day; afterwards I need to stop and get a few things at the grocery store. We have blustery wind and some rain so I will need to do my workout tape inside; no outside walks this week.

What's on your agenda today?
Old 10-22-2015, 06:59 AM   #4  
Come on Spring!

Beth, I'll have my second cup with you!
Old 10-22-2015, 06:59 AM   #5  

Morning, Ruth! Enjoy your "empty" day!
Old 10-22-2015, 08:36 AM   #6  

Height: 5' 7"

Good morning,

Another day in the 80's here and it is wfh day. DD2 only has half a day of school as well.

Ruth sounds like Paul is drumming up a lot of business Enjoy your extra time today

Beth hope your day goes by quickly.

Hard to believe that time change is already this weekend. Christmas will be here before we know it.

Have a great day everyone!
Old 10-22-2015, 08:42 AM   #7  
Come on Spring!

I thought the time change was next weekend - Nov. 1. Is it different in the States?
Old 10-22-2015, 08:51 AM   #8  

S/C/G: maintaining

Good morning.

Time change is Nov 1 here too. Not looking forward to it getting dark earlier. I hate the shorter, darker days.

DS is flying home to go with a Royal's game tomorrow with DH. I'll have to pick him up around midnight at the airport, well past my bedtime, since DH will still be at his mom's. (He did manage to get siblings to take his shift so he can get to the game, though.)

Today I'm busy doing admin work for our family foundation. We have our conference call this weekend to decide on grants. Am having some technical difficulties running reports but need to wait until Mountain time hours to call tech support.

Have a great day.
Old 10-22-2015, 10:30 AM   #9  
sophie

Height: 5'4"

Good morning

Beth. You really have a lot to be thankful for. Enjoy you day.

Ruth. Hope your day stays free

Pearlrose. That is very nice warm weather. Enjoy it while you can.

I'm grateful dh got a hold of the dr. His coughing is making me tired. He did go to a walk in clinic last Tuesday but I guess they play it safe with a patient they've never seem. The meds he got didn't help. I've got up on a few household chores done while he is gone.
take care
Sophie
Old 10-22-2015, 10:31 AM   #10  
sophie

Height: 5'4"

Hey Karen. Its the bluejays versus royals. Guess who we are cheering for
take care
sophie
Old 10-22-2015, 05:05 PM   #11  

S/C/G: 162/145/145

Height: 5' 9 3/4

Mets! Mets! Mets! Hey I'm a New Yorker born in Flushing

Just got home from training and tonight I will be in bed before midnight. For that I am thankful. Beth my class was on PTSD, suicide and mental health awareness. So today I am extra grateful for my life even with all the challenges.

Sorry personals another time. My pups feel neglected. Yesterday I attended our canine graduation. I gave belly rubs to our newest 4 legged officers. I think my two feel slighted.
Closed Thread